A Chiff & Fipple Wedding Announcement

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Montana
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: HIP HIP HURRA DEM HOCHZEITSPAAR!!!!!

Post by Montana »

amar wrote:
jsluder wrote:
Cranberry wrote:Amar and I are getting married in 3 weeks (he just doesn't know it yet, but it's all good).
Amar, you sly dude. You never even hinted that you were seriously involved...
Well, I really think I am. but this is an other story..
Details, details...c'mon, let's hear 'em. You can't leave us hanging like that.
Wow, love must be in the air...
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Congratulations folks, all the best.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I'll be darned. I HAD NO IDEA!

CONGRATS AND BEST WISHES. I STILL HOPE TO MEET YOU BOTH IN PERSON SOMEDAY!

Lance (aka Weekenders)
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

why doesn't anyone ever tell me these things? :)

Congrats!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

WOW!! Congratulations to two wonderful people!! What a wonderful surprise!! :) :) :) :)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

[quoteNow we know why Beth moved all the way from Washington to England to go... to go to school... ya, that's it... to go to school. :D [/quote]

Although that might seem the case, in fact Beth's decision to study in London wasn't affected by any thoughts of romance, though our established friendship may have helped her in the decision to spend a year in London doing an MA degree.

I was very careful not to suggest anything that might affect Beth's career decisions, until she had made the choice for herself to come to London to study Linguistics at UCL. Even then I was going to wait until she was actually settled in, but during a private online chat in May 2004 the subject came up, and I had to tell her how I felt. Happily the feelings were reciprocated, but we still tried very hard not to get too involved until after Beth had arrived. That was a long Summer of waiting.

After Beth arrived, she tried to settle into her shared student flat in Camden, but it was such a miserable place to be that she came to live in my spare room within a few months. The rest, as we say, is history. :D
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Great story Martin, and one that would also make a great romance flick. Again, congratulations sir and may your lives be happy and prosperous! :party:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Martin Milner wrote:I'm not sure we'll be back at Miami Beach, but we loved Key West and want to go back there for a longer holiday. Too many things either went wrong or needed regular adjustment for us to fall in love with Miami Beach itself.
I can get "things ...went wrong", but "needed regular adjustment"? What is that? Oh dear, the things that come to mind. Like the policemen, or your expectations, or your wooden leg, your shoelaces, your spine, the car seats, your smile, the position of the palm tree leaves..... I simply cannot imagine :lol: . But, I really do not want to know. Honest.

I am very glad you both had a nice time in Key West!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

That's where ya gotta stop every 3 miles and whack the steering wheel back onto the column with the tire iron...
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

It mostly involved the catering manager of the hotel, who seemed incapable of getting details straight for the first few days we were there. Three days before we left for Miami we discovered that he thought the wedding was January 29th - that was a bit heartstopping until we got it sorted out.

You would think that, if a party of 12 people were going to come have a multi-day event at your hotel and collectively pay nearly $5,000 in the process to do it, you'd make sure that you read emails carefully and had the details correct, or at the very least made yourself available to meet people before the main day arrived. But apparently not. By the fourth day, though, he managed to get everything under control, and even delivered some free champagne to our room.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I say this in al sincerity. Two of the most charming and likeable people on C&F have come together to form one of the most charming and likeable married couples on C&F.
Reasonable person
Walden
Ann

Post by Ann »

I'd like to add my congratulations as well. Its nice to see an affirmation that sometimes the stars align just right or the gods smile and happy endings do happen, or in this case a happy beginning. Best wishes to you both.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

avanutria wrote:It mostly involved the catering manager of the hotel, who seemed incapable of getting details straight for the first few days we were there. Three days before we left for Miami we discovered that he thought the wedding was January 29th - that was a bit heartstopping until we got it sorted out.
The wrong day for the wedding... :boggle: :o :boggle: It's not like a party of twelve is some insanely huge event. That fellow will be lucky if he doesn't run into someone who decides to adjust him one of these days. Perhaps he will go into another line of work. One can only hope :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Walden wrote:I say this in al sincerity. Two of the most charming and likeable people on C&F have come together to form one of the most charming and likeable married couples on C&F.
Hear hear! :)

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

I go away for a 2 week business trip with no C&F access, and all kinds of things happen here!

Best wishes to Martin and Beth for a lifetime of happiness and good music!

Brewster