whistles for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

whistles for sale

Post by blackhawk »

Copeland low D...this one used to be owned by Avanutria. You can probably find a clip of her playing Dallas Skies, and this is the whistle she was using. It's in excellent condition--- Deal pending

Burke aluminum session D, made last summer, excellent condition-----$110

Reyburn high D/C set (you can hear clips of these whistles on Wanderer's website...I got this set from him).........SOLD

I'll pay shipping for US addresses, but it'll cost more for overseas shipping

I'm also willing to take an Alba A in trade.

PM if you're interested
Last edited by blackhawk on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
ToddC

Burke D for sale.

Post by ToddC »

Hi,

Is the Burke still for sale?

Is it like his latest with the black tip ("DASBT")?

Thanks,

Todd
blackhawk

Re: Burke D for sale.

Post by blackhawk »

ToddC wrote:Hi,

Is the Burke still for sale?

Is it like his latest with the black tip ("DASBT")?

Thanks,

Todd
Yes to both questions. Please PM me for details. :)

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
slowair

Post by slowair »

Are the Reyburns narrow or wide (Session) bore?

Mike
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

slowair wrote:Are the Reyburns narrow or wide (Session) bore?

Mike
I got them from Wanderer. He used them in his review, then traded them to me. You can see and hear them here:
http://www.tinwhistler.com/music/review ... /index.asp

--Plato
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Blackbeer »

Oh man, I don`t want to do this, maybe I`ll be lucky and the Reyburn set will be gone, well I have to ask; is it? Jeez I have wanted one of those older D`s for a long time. I played a low G for a long time, Reyburn that is, and the sound was so complex and interesting, not to mention fun, and I remember, I think it was Jessie, did a review of the high D and it was killer. I traded that G off for a low E/D Alba set but then got hooked on the flute and it sits around doing nothing. The whistle I play all the time is a Shaw tweaked by Jerry. I had just talked myself into maybe getting an Eb and C, tweaked Shaws` that is, When I saw this thread of yours and have hemed and hawed all day about it. Even had a terrible flute day today which I recorded and it was all I could do to keep from toasting marshmellows over the embers of my 1870 George Cloos, so in hopes that they are gone I will say I want them. You wouldn`t want a nice low E/D Alba I don`t suppose. Anyway I do want them at this moment. Though by mourning I could talk myself out of it. But hopefully they are gone and I won`t have to worry about it.
How are you by the way :D

Take care

Tom
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Blackbeer wrote: You wouldn`t want a nice low E/D Alba I don`t suppose. Anyway I do want them at this moment. Though by mourning I could talk myself out of it. But hopefully they are gone and I won`t have to worry about it.
Sure I'd be up for a trade for an Alba low D/E. I think to abide by the rules here, we should go to PM, Tom.

How are you by the way :D

Take care

Tom
I'm doing well, Tom. Are you not spending your time in Alaska any more?

--Plato
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

:oops:
I am haveing a bad confusser day. I ment that to be a pm for you but somehow it ended up out here in public. Ok so now you all know what an idiot I can be. Should come as no supprise to most of you :D
Anyway just down in Washington working some horses for a friend. Driftin it would seem.

Take care

Tom
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Blackbeer wrote::oops:
I am haveing a bad confusser day. I ment that to be a pm for you but somehow it ended up out here in public. Ok so now you all know what an idiot I can be. Should come as no supprise to most of you :D
Anyway just down in Washington working some horses for a friend. Driftin it would seem.

Take care

Tom

Tentative deal with Blackbeer for the Reyburn set pending his approval when he gets back on line tomorrow.

--Plato
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Now that I`ve expossed myself in public I think I will finish the thought process a little. I had realy put this whistle out of my head untill I checked Toms` just passing through thread, the a, nevermind thread. Anyway you know what one I mean. But you poped in there to say hi and mentioned this thread :lol: and then I got to thinkin about you and Tom and somemore of the unbelievable people I`ve met through the years in this place and heck, it just warmed my heart. So, there you go. I have always measured my wealth in the people I have been lucky enough to meet.

Take care

Tom
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Blackbeer wrote:Now that I`ve expossed myself in public I think I will finish the thought process a little. I had realy put this whistle out of my head untill I checked Toms` just passing through thread, the a, nevermind thread. Anyway you know what one I mean. But you poped in there to say hi and mentioned this thread :lol: and then I got to thinkin about you and Tom and somemore of the unbelievable people I`ve met through the years in this place and heck, it just warmed my heart. So, there you go. I have always measured my wealth in the people I have been lucky enough to meet.

Take care

Tom
I feel the same way, Tom. I've made some wonderful friends here. :)

--Plato
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

If you want some nice whistles, from a real good guy, this is the place to get them!

So, Darvis, what do you have left? Oh, that Copeland must be nice-one of the few Low D's I haven't tried, but from all I hear, it's hard to beat-a really nice flute-like tone, with a good strong low end.

So, are you getting ready to try the flute? :)
~~~~
Barry
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

greenspiderweb wrote:If you want some nice whistles, from a real good guy, this is the place to get them!

So, Darvis, what do you have left? Oh, that Copeland must be nice-one of the few Low D's I haven't tried, but from all I hear, it's hard to beat-a really nice flute-like tone, with a good strong low end.

So, are you getting ready to try the flute? :)
Hi Barry, thanks for the kind words. I still have the Copeland and the Burke left. The nice thing is, if they don't sell, I'll still be able to play them, and that's never a bad thing. The Copeland is truly an awesome whistle, even as good Copelands go.

I've given up on the flute, Barry. If my wife can't teach me how to play it, I must be flute-o-phobic. :)

Be well, my friend!

--Plato
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

blackhawk wrote:Copeland low D...this one used to be owned by Avanutria. ... The Copeland is truly an awesome whistle, even as good Copelands go.
...and now it is coming home from its holiday! :party:

(<a href="http://www.hostinginseattle.com/bethftp ... p3">Dallas Skies</a>)
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

avanutria wrote:
blackhawk wrote:Copeland low D...this one used to be owned by Avanutria. ... The Copeland is truly an awesome whistle, even as good Copelands go.
...and now it is coming home from its holiday! :party:

(<a href="http://www.hostinginseattle.com/bethftp ... p3">Dallas Skies</a>)
It couldn't possibly go to a better person, Beth. It belongs with you!

--Plato