For Firefly/Serenity Fans

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

For Firefly/Serenity Fans

Post by Dale »

There's a movement picking up steam to push for a 2nd season of "Firefly." Do the survey at:

http://www.fireflyseason2.com/

Dale
Last edited by Dale on Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Just did, thanks Dale.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Excellent! Thanks for posting this Dale. Wouldn't it be great to have another season of episodes... or perhaps more? Just cast my vote for the Brown Coats. :D
JS

Post by JS »

Thanks, Dale. It's all your fault I got hooked on the show, and pretty much everyone in the family has enjoyed it.
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk
Denny

Post by Denny »

Duh!

Thanks, Dale
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Yippeee!

I'm most interested to see how season two would fit into the chronology, i.e. before Serenity or after, because they did kill a couple of major characters, [I'm no rat fink] <spoiler> and <spoiler>. [/I'm no rat fink] :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Tyler Morris wrote:Yippeee!

I'm most interested to see how season two would fit into the chronology, i.e. before Serenity or after, because they did kill a couple of major characters, [I'm no rat fink] <spoiler> and <spoiler>. [/I'm no rat fink] :D
.... uh, yes you are!!! :P
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:

[raspberry="JES"] :P [/raspberry]
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Tyler Morris wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:

[raspberry="JES"] :P [/raspberry]
Actually, I think it was Dale who first broke the news about the deaths in the film.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Shiny.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Thanks for the link, Dale. I really hope the Firefly/Serenity 'Verse can continue in some fashion (TV series, TV movies, big-screen movies, whatever). My wife and I have been fans since Firefly first aired on TV. (Been Joss Whedon fans a lot longer; Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a fun show.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

Dale,
Thanks for the link!
This was unreal. I'm sitting her checking out C&F while watching Serenity again on DVD (1st episode of the DVD of the Series first season).
I got the DVD of the season for Christmas and have watched all 5 DVD's only about 5 times each, so I don't have all the lines memorized.... yet.

One of the few grass roots frontier type adventure shows produced especially in the SciFi genre. I loved it when I first saw it, and was confused when they moved around so much it lost much of its audience and then was taken off the air.

Hope they put another season together, with the lonesome fiddle theme music .... Well ....
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Joseph E. Smith

LeeMarsh wrote: ... with the lonesome fiddle theme music .... Well ....
Yes, that was a nice little detail that further cemented the western theme of the series in my humble opinion.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
LeeMarsh wrote: ... with the lonesome fiddle theme music .... Well ....
Yes, that was a nice little detail that further cemented the western theme of the series in my humble opinion.
Agreed! The soundtrack to the series and movie were just wicked!
Come to think of it, I've never bothered to see if one could buy the soundtrack... maybe I'll look into that today. :D
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

by the way...
anyone see th Serenity comic book yet?
Very well done artwork!
View excerpts on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159307 ... e&n=283155