Dude,wheres my whistles.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Phil Hardy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Dude,wheres my whistles.

Post by Phil Hardy »

I just struck me that all this whistling is just so much fun,I have been doin' this whistley stuff for more than 25 years and I still love it,is there anything else that can keep you so involved for so long?
Dude,wheres my whistles ,I feel like playing another toon.
If ya feel like whistlin' say yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!
This is gonna be a great year and don't forget the Mesquer festival dudes & dudettes!
Phil
ps can't put down the MK..................!
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Yeah-- whistling is majorly terrific. What other instrument can give so much pleasure for such a short learning curve (at least initially) and for such a small outlay of money? The basics are so easy to learn, but you'll never completely "master" the whistle-- there's always something new to learn, some new type of music to try on the whistle.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I got to say, I like playing Flute more.
Phil Hardy

Wrong Section.

Post by Phil Hardy »

Hey Unseen are you in the wrong section?
Phil.
riverman

Post by riverman »

Actually, flutes seem to be more of a solo instrument, according to CDs I buy of Irish music. Beautiful, mellow tone. However, even though the whistle doesn't seem to get the same respect, I love the brightness of the whistle. It made me sit up like a dog ever since I first heard it. I have known flute music forever, but that whistle...
That's why I bought my first whistle after being out of music since my first piano lessons as a boy (and yes, they WERE picking baseball teams right at the time I had to practice)!
The brightness of whistle music rips my heart out and leaves it lying at my feet!
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Re: Wrong Section.

Post by Unseen122 »

Phil Hardy wrote:Hey Unseen are you in the wrong section?
Phil.
As long as I'm not in the dreaded Piper's fourm.

I didn't mean that I don't love the Whistle I just meant that I like Flute more.
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

But i'll have to wait till morning cause the neighbours might get a tad miffed if i started now. :D

?
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Screeeech!!! wrote:yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

But i'll have to wait till morning cause the neighbours might get a tad miffed if i started now. :D
Neighbors? Don't need no stinking neighbors. I say play away!!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Screeeech!!! wrote:yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

Huzzah! :D

For me it would be the co-workers getting miffed, I'd probably wake them up. :o
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

But i'll have to wait till morning cause the neighbours might get a tad miffed if i started now.
This has been a good year for me whistle-wise... I've now more than doubled my tune list, and am getting ready for my second Tionól. Regular sessions and a good slow-downer program have helped that a lot! Not too bad for waiting 20 some years to take it seriously.

Luckily, our nearest neighbors are still a half mile away... (at least till the new ones get their house completed... :swear: ) ... so...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

This has been a good year for me and the whistle. Actually, it's been the only year, and moving on a year and a half . . . it's been exciting, and I see guys like Phil playing like it's second nature, and think about how much longer they've been up to it, and it encourages me . . . thanks! :D
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
pjuuldk

Post by pjuuldk »

Hi. As a man who counts his whistle experience in weeks insted of years I will say that this is a great and fasinaiting (sorry for my english :oops: ) little instrument and I think that this will be a great musical year. :party:

An other good sign is that while reading through this thread the fhone was ringing with a joboffer :o . So the world is sertenly looking brighter, and it is not just the new fallen snow. :D

Peter Juul
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

alespa wrote:This has been a good year for me and the whistle. Actually, it's been the only year, and moving on a year and a half . . . it's been exciting, and I see guys like Phil playing like it's second nature, and think about how much longer they've been up to it, and it encourages me . . . thanks! :D
Alespa, I *finally* have figured out your avatar! An eyebrow raising poochie... not a weirdly warped toad plastered on someone's head at all. :lol: :lol: :lol: ... I need new glasses!

edited to add... :o ... and now you've changed it?!?! (and to correct my spelling)
Last edited by anniemcu on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-Indeed a whistle is a fine accent to the human life. Melodic, intriguing
sometimes sweet and sometimes not- with a song which gets prettier the more its played, never losing mystery, promise or vitality.
Phil Hardy

Sindt

Post by Phil Hardy »

...now I can't stop playing the Sindt!
Oh...and I just had some great noos.
P