C&F Acquired

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

The Weekenders wrote:More corporatocracy! Sheesh. Wait'll Gilder hears about it....
This is worse than Piggly Wiggly's failed attempt at a hostile takeover of Waldco Holdings, Ltd.
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Wasn't that the work of a deranged librarian???
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Daniel_Bingamon

Re: C&F Acquired

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Will Red Wolverine continue to operate or will Recursive Zebra take over those operations?

Does this mean that the undisputed will have to undergo greater security changes, including the purchase of additional black helicopters for the massive Chiff and Fipple operations.
DaleWisely wrote:Red Wolverine Productions which owns 3Fish Productions which, in turn owns Chiff & Fipple, has been purchased.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

DaleWisely wrote: ......Let's get everybody thinking outside the box.
I don't really know anyone who can think otherwise.
:lol:
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

talasiga wrote:
... Loads of them about. This guy, for example.

:wink:
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Cynth wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:
scottielvr wrote: Hoo-boy. Well, it was bound to happen. Sadly, it sounds like Dale's already been headhunted. Next come downplaying the negatives, upplaying the positives, upmounting outsourcing, ongoing rightsizing and relayering... and, if that weren't enough, the risk arbitrageurs will be atcoming--talk about wolverines. We'd better circle the wagons, prioritize a methodology, architect a proactive solution and fast-track it--without deferred success--or we'll all become the next soft targets.
That's an awful lot of business cliches. But, really, you shouldn't worry. This is going to be a win-win for everybody. Let's get everybody thinking outside the box.
How do we even know this is DaleWisely talking? We're probably dealing with a suit in Chicago or something.

I'd be inclined to think a suit somewhere in Michigan being a Wolverine and all.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

DaleWisely wrote:That's an awful lot of business cliches. But, really, you shouldn't worry. This is going to be a win-win for everybody. Let's get everybody thinking outside the box.
Sounds very Walmart!!!!???!!!

My wife has a tendency to rant against corporate mergers that foster inequity, especially the inflated earnings of CEOs who screw their workers and cheat consumers. We'll all be watching for the Undisputed to be moving into his new 67,000 sq. ft. mansion, paid for by whistler's everywhere.

Any thoughts on which lobbyists might look out for C&F's interests in DC?
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Last time I heard about this was about four years ago.
on March 29, 2002, DaleWisely wrote:As I suspected, 3Fish Productions has been sold to the shadowy 'Red Wolverine Enterprises.' At present, there are no plans to eliminate any jobs at 3Fish Productions or at Red Wolverine Enterprises. There are no current plans for changes in product lines. source
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:I hope outsourcing off-shore isn't in the plan, because if I call customer service and get some New Delhi phone sweatshop, I will find a whistle board that keeps it's customer service in the U.S., or at least Texas, and I will take my business there.
Might want to look closely at the undisputed avatar, Gonz . . .
My god!! That's "Mrs. Halloran," the Indian lady I used to get when I called "Customer Service" (using the term loosely) for a large communications company whose name I won't use but which sounds like a combination of "veranda" and "horizon." I had to call them three times in about an hour once day because their crappy switchboard kept cutting me off, and every time I called back in, the phone was answered "Thank you for calling <name withheld to protect guilty>. This is Mrs. Halloran. How can I help you?"

You'd think they would at least train them to not all use the same made-up name.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

My god!! That's "Mrs. Halloran," the Indian lady I used to get when I called "Customer Service" (using the term loosely) for a large communications company whose name I won't use but which sounds like a combination of "veranda" and "horizon." I had to call them three times in about an hour once day because their crappy switchboard kept cutting me off, and every time I called back in, the phone was answered "Thank you for calling <name withheld to protect guilty>. This is Mrs. Halloran. How can I help you?"
Well, at least you weren't on hold for 3 hours with a different large communications company - and THEN get to speak with Mr. Halloran (OK, he didn't give his name as such, but he was in India) only to be told that to complete the transaction I wanted to be completed (which was established at the beginning of the 3 hour hold time) I had to speak to someone else and got put on hold AGAIN! For Pete's sake, people - you're a PHONE company!!! You should be able to have someone to answer the PHONE!!!!!!!!! :x
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

scottielvr wrote:
talasiga wrote:
... Loads of them about. This guy, for example.

:wink:
I, personally, would never put my head in a box while sitting on my stool, or any stool for that matter. Is it an American fetish or something?
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

talasiga wrote:I, personally, would never put my head in a box while sitting on my stool, or any stool for that matter. Is it an American fetish or something?
Why yes; it's all the rage among middle management. As you can see, thinking inside the box isn't limited to casual Fridays, and the stool isn't a prerequisite either.

Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

Comming Soon:

MS Fipple
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I just noticed that the Privacy Policy link on the homepage does not work any more. Is this elimination of the privacy policy an indicator of the new corporate environment? Does this mean that all customer information has already been shipped to an Indian subcontractor who has no obligation to follow U.S. privacy laws?

Boy, am I glad that when I signed up, I used someone else's social security number.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow