At last: The Chiff & Fipple Map

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
SteveShaw
antispam: No
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Well I got myself up there somehow, but I can't do a darn thing with the website - it's a complete hooligan on my computer. If I attempt to click on anything on the main map page the screen freezes for over a minute and I can't even get out of the program. If you can find me up there, good luck - you're doing more than I can! :(

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

SteveShaw wrote:Well I got myself up there somehow, but I can't do a darn thing with the website - it's a complete hooligan on my computer. If I attempt to click on anything on the main map page the screen freezes for over a minute and I can't even get out of the program. If you can find me up there, good luck - you're doing more than I can! :(

Steve
Works fine for me on XP Pro.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=myfrappr&id=360762

There ye go..steves page :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

nice pic, steve. :)
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

"Currently I do not have any friends..." :cry:

That's my beloved wife Nicky in the pic. My location on the map is extremely accurate when it's blown up. I can get this page OK but I find the main map page impossible. I have XP and broadband. :-?

Steve

dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

SteveShaw wrote:"Currently I do not have any friends..." :cry:

That's my beloved wife Nicky in the pic. I can get this page OK but I find the main map page impossible. I have XP and broadband. :-?

Steve
Ahh...I'll be your friend if you're stuck :wink:

http://www.frappr.com/chiffandfipple/

Stick this link into your favourites and it will take you to the main page every time.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Ah, the perfect tool for globe-trotting stalkers and serial killers :) Just as long as they don't start in Swindon...
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

GaryKelly wrote:Ah, the perfect tool for globe-trotting stalkers and serial killers :) Just as long as they don't start in Swindon...
Don't worry. They'd start on the football supporters first. :D

Steve

Cynth

Post by Cynth »

djm wrote:Here's another little trick I ran into with the map. It was suggested initially that if you didn't want to expose your email address to spammers' robots that you use a false email address. However, once you have initially set up your pin, if you want to later change some aspect of it, you must set up a Frappr account based on the email address you initially used. If you can't remember the password, they will email it to you.

But wait! I used a false email address, so I will never receive the email telling me how to get back into Frappr.

I be screw-wed. :x

djm
I wanted to change my email address and I couldn't figure out any way in the world of doing that. I could change other things. So I ended up removing myself and essentially starting all over again---although they still had my other info. I guess I missed the part about the account and password. I don't want an account with my real email.
SteveShaw wrote:Well I got myself up there somehow, but I can't do a darn thing with the website - it's a complete hooligan on my computer. If I attempt to click on anything on the main map page the screen freezes for over a minute and I can't even get out of the program. If you can find me up there, good luck - you're doing more than I can!
My screen appears to freeze for way longer than a minute---the little hand is there, I can't close it or do anything, there are no noises in the computer. It is many minutes. Yet eventually something does happen. When I have other webpages open but minimized, I can go to them and do stuff while I wait. I can then go back to Frapper and something will appear on the screen--I think I have to click or something.
dubh wrote:I like to think I am beautiful on the inside.
Oh you are!!! Also, there are many nice wigs available should your head get cold in chilly weather:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Mitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

Cynth wrote:
djm wrote:Here's another little trick I ran into with the map. It was suggested initially that if you didn't want to expose your email address to spammers' robots that you use a false email address. However, once you have initially set up your pin, if you want to later change some aspect of it, you must set up a Frappr account based on the email address you initially used. If you can't remember the password, they will email it to you.

But wait! I used a false email address, so I will never receive the email telling me how to get back into Frappr.

I be screw-wed. :x

djm
I wanted to change my email address and I couldn't figure out any way in the world of doing that. I could change other things. So I ended up removing myself and essentially starting all over again---although they still had my other info. I guess I missed the part about the account and password. I don't want an account with my real email.
SteveShaw wrote:Well I got myself up there somehow, but I can't do a darn thing with the website - it's a complete hooligan on my computer. If I attempt to click on anything on the main map page the screen freezes for over a minute and I can't even get out of the program. If you can find me up there, good luck - you're doing more than I can!
My screen appears to freeze for way longer than a minute---the little hand is there, I can't close it or do anything, there are no noises in the computer. It is many minutes. Yet eventually something does happen. When I have other webpages open but minimized, I can go to them and do stuff while I wait. I can then go back to Frapper and something will appear on the screen--I think I have to click or something.
dubh wrote:I like to think I am beautiful on the inside.
Oh you are!!! Also, there are many nice wigs available should your head get cold in chilly weather:
Maybe if you install google earth? There might be some version of a dll that's spannering the works for yez. Installing GE might update it for you.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

I have it already.

Steve

Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Thank you both JKrazy and Lambchop - I'll try that next time.

I'm so glad to know that it's not just MY computer that is so blasted slow in loading that page!
Charlene
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

I have tried but the thing either refuses a made up e-mail address or tells me I live in an invalid city. I don't live in a city at all but the nearest town is listed, my actual location does fall in a square on the map that says there is no image available in any decent sort of resolution.

I give up now.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'm trying to change my email but I don't see that choice. Hmmm.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
djm

Post by djm »

I think the problem may be that, when you first create your map appearance, a cookie is set in your browser that allows you to return several times. If, like me, you have your browser set to delete all cookies when you shut the browser down, you've lost your cookie (in more ways than one).

If you used a fake email address, as was initially suggested, there is no way that you can come back and and reconnect, because you no longer have the initial cookie. At this point, you have to create a Frappr account based upon your email, and since its a fake, there is no way the site can send you your password. Ergo screw-wed.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Well, this is just soooo frustrating! Oooooh!

Hmmm, is there any way the administrator can remove those of us who'd like to start over?

I'd kind of like to not be shouting out about my pseudo-fat turtle neck over and over and over and . . .

Oh, dear! Dale, I just needed the eye-rolling smiley again!