C&F Acquired

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

C&F Acquired

Post by Dale »

Red Wolverine Productions which owns 3Fish Productions which, in turn owns Chiff & Fipple, has been purchased. I'll be keeping you posted. In the meantime, we want to assure you that the same quality of customer service to which you are accustomed will continue.

Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Okay, you are saying that until the next time you post about this we will be kept in the style to which we have been accustomed, right? Because if that big company was bought, then it's all over. They aren't going to see how subtly brilliant we are. I mean unless you, presumably as the Recursive Zebra (unless that's a red herring), bought Red Wolverine or something. Dude, I feel like you are Aeneas and I am Dido. I'm collecting wood for my funeral pyre right now.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I hope outsourcing off-shore isn't in the plan, because if I call customer service and get some New Delhi phone sweatshop, I will find a whistle board that keeps it's customer service in the U.S., or at least Texas, and I will take my business there.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Will it remain "CF" on the Stock Exchange?
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Dale, remember I asked you not to use my name on this transaction. Thanks a bunch.
scottielvr

Re: C&F Acquired

Post by scottielvr »

DaleWisely wrote:Red Wolverine Productions which owns 3Fish Productions which, in turn owns Chiff & Fipple, has been purchased. I'll be keeping you posted. In the meantime, we want to assure you that the same quality of customer service to which you are accustomed will continue.
Hoo-boy. Well, it was bound to happen. Sadly, it sounds like Dale's already been headhunted. Next come downplaying the negatives, upplaying the positives, upmounting outsourcing, ongoing rightsizing and relayering... and, if that weren't enough, the risk arbitrageurs will be atcoming--talk about wolverines. We'd better circle the wagons, prioritize a methodology, architect a proactive solution and fast-track it--without deferred success--or we'll all become the next soft targets.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

... but will we still get coffee service? :-?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

gonzo914 wrote:I hope outsourcing off-shore isn't in the plan, because if I call customer service and get some New Delhi phone sweatshop, I will find a whistle board that keeps it's customer service in the U.S., or at least Texas, and I will take my business there.
Might want to look closely at the undisputed avatar, Gonz . . .
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:... but will we still get coffee service? :-?
Hey, as long as we keep our liquor license we're good; we can make our own coffee. :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

scottielvr wrote: Hoo-boy. Well, it was bound to happen. Sadly, it sounds like Dale's already been headhunted. Next come downplaying the negatives, upplaying the positives, upmounting outsourcing, ongoing rightsizing and relayering... and, if that weren't enough, the risk arbitrageurs will be atcoming--talk about wolverines. We'd better circle the wagons, prioritize a methodology, architect a proactive solution and fast-track it--without deferred success--or we'll all become the next soft targets.
That's an awful lot of business cliches. But, really, you shouldn't worry. This is going to be a win-win for everybody. Let's get everybody thinking outside the box.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

DaleWisely wrote:
scottielvr wrote: Hoo-boy. Well, it was bound to happen. Sadly, it sounds like Dale's already been headhunted. Next come downplaying the negatives, upplaying the positives, upmounting outsourcing, ongoing rightsizing and relayering... and, if that weren't enough, the risk arbitrageurs will be atcoming--talk about wolverines. We'd better circle the wagons, prioritize a methodology, architect a proactive solution and fast-track it--without deferred success--or we'll all become the next soft targets.
That's an awful lot of business cliches. But, really, you shouldn't worry. This is going to be a win-win for everybody. Let's get everybody thinking outside the box.

Can we get everyone speaking English first..please..pretty please :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

dubhlinn wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:

Can we get everyone speaking English first..please..pretty please :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

DaleWisely wrote:
How do we even know this is DaleWisely talking? We're probably dealing with a suit in Chicago or something.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Cynth wrote:
DaleWisely wrote: That's an awful lot of business cliches. But, really, you shouldn't worry. This is going to be a win-win for everybody. Let's get everybody thinking outside the box.
How do we even know this is DaleWisely talking? We're probably dealing with a suit in Chicago or something.
Just mention Amar and Dale's daughters in the same sentence. You'll soon find out if it's Dale or not. :wink:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

More corporatocracy! Sheesh. Wait'll Gilder hears about it....
How do you prepare for the end of the world?