At last: The Chiff & Fipple Map

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Denny wrote:perfect goes away, as does stanger, as you get to know them.
No, they just get stranger and stranger. :boggle:

djm
Last edited by djm on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

SteveShaw wrote:Well, I've tried again and again. I get the map up and the page then freezes on my screen and I can do d*mn-all. Have fun, chaps and chapesses - it ain't for me!

Steve
A weird thing happens to me. I have DSL. The window appears to have frozen up. If I have another window that is minimized I can click on that and it comes up and whatever is on there works okay. Then if I go back to Frapper after a period of time it will be there and working---sometimes I have to click. If I didn't have any other windows minimized, then I would have to sit there for I don't know how long and it would certainly seemed as though the computer had crashed because I could not close Frapper or do anything---this in fact did happen. Like Lamby, I got a message about not having enough virtual memory---I didn't really know if that was connected to Frapper though. I got myself on the map, but I don't think I can really access it without problems, so you aren't alone. I haven't had this problem before, but I've never been in a group map before. My husband says the people it's working well for may have newer faster computers with more memory or some special configuration that might make some other things not work as well. Who knows? I also keep getting pins in the map that are pink, not a color we are using I think.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

With my dial-up modem I went to sleep waiting for the map to organize itself. When I woke up, it was time for dinner. Glad to see the Glauber is still hanging around, but not saying a word. Hi, Glauber.
Denny

Post by Denny »

...well, I'm pretty sure that I have virtually no memory...
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Well, I must be more special than some of you ;) ... the map works great for me except for one thing: I can't see Dale. By the time I've hit "show the next 50" a couple of times, he's standing behind so many people I can't see him at all. (I love the way the little pegs cast shadows.)

Susan
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

It doesn't put you at your exact address - which I suppose is a good thing with all the weirdos out there. At first I thought it was using the post office that serves my ZIP code but that's not the case either. It has me located about a mile and a half from where I live. So I don't think I'll use this map to drive around and find the other folks in town! :P
Charlene
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Same here, places me about a half mile away

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
djm

Post by djm »

Actually, if you choose Map instead of Satellite, and zoom in real close in the lower half of the page, you can move your marker with great accuracy to your place of residence. I will be monitoring all the hot chicks on the board closely. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

I got added to the map; but my pin color isn't "right". Mom, Dad, I want to change my pin color...
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

I want to know why you have to choose between your instrument and your gender! Apparently muscians can't be men or women?

J. :sniffle:
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

I'm the first pin in the entire state of Minnesota!

:P
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Oh, URRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Editing the shout-out is really difficult. Clearly, I did not succeed yesterday, because now it contains the part I removed!

Trying to fix it, I managed to get everything in there several times. Then, I removed the unwanted parts. Now, the unwanted parts are what's in there.

Now everyone is going to think I have some kind of complex about having a fat neck!

It isn't fat! It's not short and stubby, either! I was just wearing a thick turtleneck and a jacket because it was outdoors and 70 F! (And suffocating, I might add.) And I was ducking to get out of the photograph, which was of a person to the right of me.

Sigh.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Dale, here's what I think would be cool. Like having the option of a link, somewhere in our avatar box, a link that would bring up that google map of the person. don't know if that's possible though..
emmline

Post by emmline »

If you care, and aren't paranoid about it, you can fine-tune your location by clicking on Myfrappr or something similar to that. It'll give you a close up of your specific area (if your town exists on the built-in maps, that is,) and you can find your exact location and change the pin.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

djm wrote: I will be monitoring all the hot chicks on the board closely. :wink:

djm
It won't be a mutual exercise, yer wizened ould bugger! :lol:

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!