Ohhhh baby!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Amazing! Just this morning as I was driving to work, I was looking at one of those . . . umm, well, that car that looks like a throwback to 1945 . . . whatever it is . . . and wondering what would be the next one to be resurrected.

I was thinking 1965 Mustang, but this is pretty close.

Makes you wanna find a hot date and go to the drive-in! Wooo!

Oh, dear. Now I'm hungry. I have this sudden craving for burgers, fries, and a chocolate shake, and I'm hearing "Little Deuce Coupe" in my head . . . and . . . and . . . ohmygawd! . . . I wanna drag!

Vrooom vroooooom! Ooooo! I love the feel of a stick shift!
Feadin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Feadin »

missy wrote:
Feadin wrote:
And I'm planning, if I don't have any unexpected expenses, to buy a '70-'74 Chevy by the end of the year. More precisely an Argentinian Chevy (looks very close to a '70 Chevy Nova).
whatever you do, do NOT get a '74 Nova unless the engine has totally been rebuilt in it. I had a '74 Nova, auto, air, 350 V8. It sucked - it had very little horsepower, and it got horrible gas milage. The paint job was also bad - it was brown with gold metallic fleck, and by 1979 (when my parents sold it) I had already had to take rubbing compound to it twice, and re-paste wax it afterwards - the finish kept oxidizing to a white powder. I also had to drive all winter with 2 strategically placed bags of Sakrete over the rear tires, I had chains for it, and I STILL managed to ditch it once on black ice.
In other words, I hated that car!

Now - the 1966 Nova station wagon I first learned to drive on was a different story - I loved that car, it would go through anything, and the person that finally got rid of it drove it to the junk yard with over 300,000 on it. It had the straight 6 engine, and enough room to stand in the engine compartment (that '74 Nova? In order to change the back 2 spark plugs on the driver's side, you had to REMOVE the air conditioner compressor!).
Oh these are different, they were built here, they're not really novas, they just look like them. Te engines are usually 230 or 250 (L6), and I don't really care about the paint job as I'm painting all over again :)
Anyway, I've seen lots of cheap chevys (in not so good conditions) and I like the idea of fixing cars so I guess I'll be OK. The chevys from here are very sturdy, I've seen many of them working just fine with zero maintenance in years. And even using natural gas (I mean the kind of gas from the kitchen, not fuel) :lol:
We also have argentinian Ford Falcons, they good cars too, but I like better the chevy :)
Cristian Feldman
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Lambchop wrote:Amazing! Just this morning as I was driving to work, I was looking at one of those . . . umm, well, that car that looks like a throwback to 1945 . . . whatever it is . . . and wondering what would be the next one to be resurrected.

I was thinking 1965 Mustang, but this is pretty close.

Makes you wanna find a hot date and go to the drive-in! Wooo!

Oh, dear. Now I'm hungry. I have this sudden craving for burgers, fries, and a chocolate shake, and I'm hearing "Little Deuce Coupe" in my head . . . and . . . and . . . ohmygawd! . . . I wanna drag!

Drag, stick-shift, hot date. Sigh. My mind is always in the gutter.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Re: Ohhhh baby!

Post by Tyler »

brianc wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:Now, most of you who know me know I'm not one to oogle much over american cars, but this is just too sweet...

The new Dodge Challenger Concept!

THAT's a concept car?

It sure looks like a reworked (only slightly) Barracuda from the 1970s.

the 'cuda was the Challenger, just the plymouth version, so, in all reality, you're absolutely right.
But, with looks that good the old cudas/challengers only needed slight reworking... :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Personally, I applaud car manufacturers reverting to the retro-look for some of the classic US cars of yesterday. They had great personality in their appearence, something most newer designs seriously lack.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Personally, I applaud car manufacturers reverting to the retro-look for some of the classic US cars of yesterday. They had great personality in their appearence, something most newer designs seriously lack.
I'll second that one.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
djm

Post by djm »

Lambchop wrote:Oh, dear. Now I'm hungry. I have this sudden craving for burgers, fries, and a chocolate shake, and I'm hearing "Little Deuce Coupe" in my head . . . and . . . and . . . ohmygawd! . . . I wanna drag!

She’s got a competition clutch with the four on the floor
And she purrs like a kitten till the lake pipes roar
And if that ain’t enough to make you flip your lid
There’s one more thing, I got the pink slip daddy.

Gotta pink slip, Lamby? :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:Personally, I applaud car manufacturers reverting to the retro-look for some of the classic US cars of yesterday. They had great personality in their appearence, something most newer designs seriously lack.
I'll second that one.
Me as well. GM and Ford seem to have forgotten that the "car" is what we need not an necessarily an SUV or super-sized truck. And it shows on the bottom line in red for both companies.
missy

Post by missy »

djm wrote: She’s got a competition clutch with the four on the floor
And she purrs like a kitten till the lake pipes roar
And if that ain’t enough to make you flip your lid
There’s one more thing, I got the pink slip daddy.

djm
Well, commin off the line when the light turns green
Man she pulls em outta the water like you've never seen
I get pushed outta shape and it's hard to steer
When I get rubber in all four gears

ALL TOGETHER NOW!!!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Looking good! :thumbsup:

I especially like the Hotwheels look of the wheel rims.
JS

Post by JS »

She's got a slant 6 mind and a supercharged heart,
The little princess is singing about her parts,
She says, "Come hither", but when I get hither she is yon.
I was looking for what I loved. Whatever it was, it's gone.

-- (c) Greg Brown http://www.gregbrown.org/gbslant6mind.html

I learned to drive on a late 60's Nova wagon too. That and the '68 Rambler American--the unkillable underdog beasts.
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

A buddy saw the new Camaro concept here in L.A. He thought the best view was 3/4 rear with the gills and the tires filling the fender well. Couldn't tell if there was a real interior or motor.