Arrrrgh!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Arrrrgh!

Post by Bloomfield »

/Bloomfield
Montana
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Montana »

I like the Arghive.
You could start a whole new line of words.
For example, that really ugly new house that went in down the road is an example of bad arghitecture. :D
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Montana wrote:I like the Arghive.
You could start a whole new line of words.
For example, that really ugly new house that went in down the road is an example of bad arghitecture. :D
And the C&F Politics forum is full of arghuments.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

The idea of visualizing information is really interesting. This is a neat chart but it took me a long time to figure it out and I still have a couple of small problems. It contains a huge amount of information. I myself am not able to put information into a successful visual form, but I keep wondering if there would be some way to make this chart stronger visually---I realize I might be the only one having a problem---or if there is a limit to how much information can be presented in such a way that looking at it can give a better idea of what the situation is than simply looking at numbers. I guess I am asking if this chart really is a visualization?

I realize this was not the point of the thread. Aaarrrgh! And isn't it that pirates say "Aaarrr!"? There could be many spellings of that.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

The Castle AAAAArgh.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
emmline

Post by emmline »

Really Bloomie. You spelled your link the same
way as 5,740 other Google hits. I expect more
originality from you.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

"Grrr. Argghh."
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

Is that an "Aaaarrrrgh" spoken in piratese or is it some other dialect?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Brewster wrote:Is that an "Aaaarrrrgh" spoken in piratese or is it some other dialect?
I think we'd better straighten out this confusion!!!! I guess a pirate would say "Aargh!" on some occasions, but I think they mostly say "Arrr!".

"Arrr! - This one is often confused with arrrgh, which is of course the sound you make when you sit on a belaying pin. "Arrr!" can mean, variously, "yes," "I agree," "I'm happy," "I'm enjoying this beer," "My team is going to win it all," "I saw that television show, it sucked!" and "That was a clever remark you or I just made." And those are just a few of the myriad possibilities of Arrr!"
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

Ah, but Cynth, I'm think of the Barbary Coast pirate dialect, which is known for its use of the G sound in spoken language. I just assumed Bloomie was writing phonetically, not literally. :D
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: I think you'd better hurry up and contact the guys at the Talk Like a Pirate Day Official Website. They'll want to include this tidbit of information in their glossary. It's only 250 days until the 2006 Talk Like a Pirate Day!
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/contact.html
Aaaaarrrrr!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Is arg arg arg like lol lol lol.
Last edited by Tommy on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I think we need TelegramSam to promulgate proper pirate parlance.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Iarg was snipped again on Ebay. why do they call it"you have been outbid'' they could tell the tell the truth - Arg Arg Arg you were sniped, and that might cause me to bid higher next time , or quit.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086