Color Sense Game...what is yours?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MarkB

Color Sense Game...what is yours?

Post by MarkB »

Thinking that a posting below dealt with the pigment Prussian Blue, rather than that hateful site, I posted something of the history of the first synthetic pigment..Prussian Blue and found this website below from Pittsburgh Paints.

http://www.voiceofcolor.com/en/aboutcol ... /index.asp

Which gave the brief history of that pigment. On that page was a Color Sense Game, it will open in its own window, click on the link left above.

I ended up with white spaces and pop art as my choice, what is yours?

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'm first Leather, Stone and Wood. Second I'm (shudder) Pop Art. Go figure.

I'd actually agree with the leather part. I'll have to tell you about one of my trips to New Orleans sometime.

However, overall this is mostly nauseating in the extreme.
Choose 10 random words that appeal to you most.
They are not random if you choose them based on appeal.

I'm not sure how they can suggest anything but the sense of sight to looking at pictures. I'm not really "feeling" the grass, or the swimmer or the baby seal.

I love this one, "You are intrigued by World music. It's beat pulls you to join it's dance."
Huh? What the heck are they talking about? These things make me sick.

There are actually too many nauseating ideas on that site to continue to list them.
My dream vacation is none of their choices.
My hair color isn't there. How about plain old "gray with greyer highlights".
My friends wouldn't describe me in any of those personality catagories. Where's "Judgemental, opinionated, self-centered, and arrogant."?

Thanks Markb. Always a treat.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Water beads first, then pop art.
Charlene
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I don't think the quiz is too good, but I thought they did have a really nice way of showing different color groupings in that house. If I were trying to figure out what colors I liked together I would go back to that website and just browse the different color categories and mess around. I came out Desert Spice and then Pop Art.

Flyingcursor, I think there weren't choices to fit our personalities because they don't want to offend their potential customers. :lol:
Flyingcursor wrote:I love this one, "You are intrigued by World music. It's beat pulls you to join it's dance."
Huh? What the heck are they talking about? These things make me sick.
Okay, now this isn't that weird. Find some World Music on the radio. Dale could probably help you. Listen to it. Now either you are going to feel like dancing or you aren't. In other words, the beat will make you want to dance or it won't. So if you don't feel like dancing, then I would say you aren't intrigued by World Music. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Flyingcursor wrote:I'm first Leather, Stone and Wood. Second I'm (shudder) Pop Art.
Oh my word, I'm Flyingcursor.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I got the one that's all whites first, and "Al Fresco" second. I think they got them backward, but it did pretty well at any rate. Of course, I don't think I'd really object to any of the color palate choices.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Martin Milner wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:I'm first Leather, Stone and Wood. Second I'm (shudder) Pop Art.
Oh my word, I'm Flyingcursor.
I always knew we were kindred spirits. That means I can say I play fiddle and squeezebox.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

I am Al Fresco?
Greens? :boggle:
***k me dead, I don't even like painted walls.
Stone, oiled wood, bans and even the unpainted beauty of rough textured concrete is my thing. Al Fresco indeed!
:evil:
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
djm

Post by djm »

I am almonds and honey. Great! Just what I wanted, to live in a granola bar!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I was first Water Beads, then Almond and Honey.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Charlene wrote:Water beads first, then pop art.
I was the other way around, Pop Art and Water beads.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

Tapestry and mosaic, then Morning Rose. I do actually pretty much like both those ....
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

talasiga wrote:I am Al Fresco?
Greens? :boggle:
***k me dead, I don't even like painted walls.
Stone, oiled wood, bans and even the unpainted beauty of rough textured concrete is my thing. Al Fresco indeed!
:evil:
Well, you probably said something about nature. I think Al Fresco sounds just like you.
"In Italy, al fresco means "in the open air." Dining al fresco conjures up images of a splendid dinner with friends on a lush terrace, where nature's green brushstroke has painted every view.
The Al fresco Harmony Collection™ introduces welcoming and rejuvenating color harmonies inspired by nature's palette. It's a weekend in the countryside, the smell of freshly cut grass, or fresh basil growing on your kitchen windowsill. A friendly color, green symbolizes renewal and embodies our thoughts of springtime. It is the essence of your garden, luminous when the sun glimmers through after rain. The greens of Al fresco are inviting; they comfort, soothe, and restore. A simple solution for creating a peaceful retreat in any room, greens are especially good for serene bedrooms and living rooms where they promote tranquility and the sharing of confidences. If you are attracted to Al fresco, you are ready to bask in its healing palettes... where green is the color of relaxation."
Aren't you sort of into restoring and soothingness and basking? And serenity? And you went to the outback for healing or something. I mean it is a site for picking out paint colors, so you can't really be hard on them for that. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Cynth wrote:......
. It's a weekend in the countryside, the smell of freshly cut grass, or fresh basil growing on your kitchen windowsill. A friendly color, green symbolizes renewal and embodies our thoughts of springtime. It is the essence of your garden, luminous when the sun glimmers through after rain.
This is a pretty stereotypical, noth atlantic and bourgeoise apprehension of the country situation. Landscape has more blood and guts and passion then these prissy images of manicured estates surrounding wedding cake houses.

I love the dusty west wind, the raging sea, the teasing rain as well as the slippery green. For me, "al fresco" is not just pastel, pretty greens, but earthy reds as well and textures that only the paint of artists can approach.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

Water beads (No surprise there)

then Tapestry and Mosaic. Fairly accurate actually.

Of course the whole point is to get gamers to figure out what paint they want to buy. I wonder if anybody gets baby-poop brown?
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.