mhhhhh....pizza...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

mhhhhh....pizza...

Post by amar »

I'm at work and I just ordered a pizza rucola and a green salad with italian sauce from the pizza delivery man. ahhh...

:D
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by beowulf573 »

A year or so ago the best pizza place in Houston opened just around the corner from me, <a href="http://www.mauibrospizza.com/">Maui Bros Pizza</a>. Their deep dish Chicago with mushrooms and Canadian bacon is simply divine.

The founder is the co-founder of what used to be my favorite pizza joint, and still pretty freakin' amazing, Star Pizza.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
amar

Post by amar »

When I was a kid, we lived in Duarte/Calif, when we went to a pizza parlour it was always:

hahaa..I once remember, my grandparents from Switzerland visited us, we went to Shakey's and my Grandpa liked beer. He wanted a dark beer and got Rootbeer! Not something you get in Switzerland. You can imagine his expression..
:lol:
djm

Post by djm »

Root beer can be a bit of a surprise to anyone's palate. :P

There used to be a popular pizza chain, Mother's Pizza, which has since disappeared. We ordered one night and waited, and waited ... and waited. I called a server over (they had changed shifts and the original server was gone). The second server left and came back from the kitchen about 10 minutes later. The cook recognized that he had missed our order altogether, but promised that if we would wait a bit longer he would make us the best pizza we had ever had. Curious, we agreed to wait, and it was, indeed, one of the best pizzas we had ever had. It wasn't about quantity of ingredients, it was about quality. The cheese blend was excellent, and it was cooked to a golden brown on top.

This leads me to suspect that there is a lot more known about what could be a great pizza versus what is normally served. For instance, I love the sauce at Pizza Hut, but the cheeses are getting scantier all the time, and are mostly some soft, tasteless muck. Many of the other chains around here seem to be going totally with softer, tasteless cheeses, too. I sometimes wish I knew more about what goes into great tasting food so I could get it made the way I want every time.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

Brick Oven Pizza, Main St. Vancouver. Yum!

I'll have mine with alder-smoked chicken and pine-nuts.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

For a moment there, until my brain processed 'rucola' into 'arugula,' it looked like a dandelion pizza! ...reminded me of being served a cicoria (chickory) salad in an Italian-American home....arrgh, so bitter.

Is that prosciutto beneath the greens? Yum.
amar

Post by amar »

scottielvr wrote:For a moment there, until my brain processed 'rucola' into 'arugula,' it looked like a dandelion pizza! ...reminded me of being served a cicoria (chickory) salad in an Italian-American home....arrgh, so bitter.

Is that prosciutto beneath the greens? Yum.
I think it is. this wasn't my pizza. mine was without the prosciutto. :)
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Why would anyone want dandelion leaves on their pizza?

Besides, no one and I mean NO ONE makes better pizza than my wife!!!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Pizza? there's a pizza place every half mile around here.
My favorite is Mario The Baker... 2 blocks from my house. They have been in operation since 1969.

Hurry up.. it will all be gone!

scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

IDAwHOa wrote:Why would anyone want dandelion leaves on their pizza?
Besides, no one and I mean NO ONE makes better pizza than my wife!!!!!
While the leaves on Amar's 'za do look disturbingly dandelionesque, he has stated that it is, in fact, arugula; as our Amar has established his credentials as a gourmand (though I still feel the prosciutto wouldn't have hurt) I'm confident he didn't choke down a weed-covered pizza.

A ringing challenge has been issued; as we all know that Amar's obsession with pizza is world-wide in scope....hmmm.... might be an interesting scientific experiment to ship Amar an Idaho pizza, hot and freshly baked, airmail in an insulated box... Let the games commence.

:wink:
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

If you don't feel like eating authentic Italian pizza... there's always the frozen foods section of the grocery store.

Eight display cases of the stuff??
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Tony wrote:If you don't feel like eating authentic Italian pizza... there's always the frozen foods section of the grocery store.

Eight display cases of the stuff??
HEAVEN!!!!! :P

As far as the challenge goes, the fastest ANY package can be gotten out of the Buhl/Twin Falls area is two days and would cost big $$$$$ to boot.

In other words, you will just have to take MY word for it. :D
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Mmmm! Time for dinner!

Let's see . . . flour tortilla, sliced tomatoes, smoked provolone, a sprinkle of basil, and a drizzle of olive oil ought to do it.

Amar, I hope they gave you a discount for spilling your salad on the pizza.
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

amar wrote:I'm at work and I just ordered a pizza rucola and a green salad with italian sauce from the pizza delivery man. ahhh...
At first I read it as "Pizza ricola" - well, hey, Amar is Swiss, right? (or is he Swedish? No, Swiss I'm pretty sure... I mean, they're pretty much the same anyway)

And now I'm wondering what "green salad with Italian sauce" is like.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Random notes wrote:At first I read it as "Pizza ricola" -
I did, too, Roger. Got an instantaneous mental impression of a yodeler delivering hot, herbal, mentholated . . . pizza.

When I saw the photograph, I tried to figure out which herbs exactly those were on top of it.

Dale, you need to put the "eye rolling" smiley back. I need it.