Recently made pipes pictures ...

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
carel
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by carel »

Cool set Marc
best wishes to you and the rest of this forum
Carel
carel

Post by carel »

pipes
plastic 3000x30 cm rol. pulled out to a length of ca 500 cm
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Cool. :)
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

Mark, now don't let anyone talk you out of that set! Stick to your guns, you've earned it! How long did it take you to finish it?
Donald E Baltus

Post by Donald E Baltus »

Thank you for the comments on the bellows. The piece of leather you see is temporary. (The actual belts had not been attached and can be seen in some of the other pictures).The belt is situated between two pads. There is no padding under the belt. While I am attaching the pads to the clapper I use the small strip of leather and the metal piece to hold everything in place. When the pads are finally attached, I remove the piece of leather and attach the belt.

Jim
I was thinking that was just for demo purposes, but again you might have had some new, patented, never-before attempted clip device that allows you to add and remove the cinch-portion of the belt without putting on a whole new belt and thereby accomodate various-girths of players simply by lengthening or shortening that half the belt. I spent a while trying to figure out how it was going to work or attach before I gave up and just asked. And I do like that brass plate. Beats the heck out of bevelled washers and hardware-store screws.
Baltus, Donald E
Jim
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Jim »

I was thinking that was just for demo purposes, but again you might have had some new, patented, never-before attempted clip device that allows you to add and remove the cinch-portion of the belt without putting on a whole new belt and thereby accomodate various-girths of players simply by lengthening or shortening that half the belt. I spent a while trying to figure out how it was going to work or attach before I gave up and just asked. And I do like that brass plate. Beats the heck out of bevelled washers and hardware-store screws.
I didn't come up with anything new, but you may have. I planned on making up a set of bellows for the purpose practicing veneering. I will lengthen the piece of leather I use to hold the bottom pad on during assembly and add "d" rings on either end. This way, as you suggest, any length of belt can slipped through the "d" rings and be used to strap on the bellows.

I'll post pictures when they reach that stage. It will be a few weeks as I have a few pieces of furniture to refinish.

Since it was your idea, your more than welcom to try the bellows out when they are finished. PM me if your interested.

Thanks again and Happy New year to all.

Jim
wgority

Post by wgority »

carel wrote:pipes
plastic 3000x30 cm rol. pulled out to a length of ca 500 cm
But how do ya tune 'em?

Bill
Pipers Gathering--More Fun, More Music
August 1-4, 2008 in Killington, VT
http://www.pipersgathering.org
carel

Post by carel »

by making them longer or shorter
CJ DIXON

Post by CJ DIXON »

A Rosewood set of Drones with Irish blessing coin inset recently made for a customer...

Cheers,
CJ
CJ Dixon Celtic Instruments
www.cjdixon.com
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

On the 17th December we were offered...
CJ DIXON wrote:Rosewood drones recently made ....

Cheers,
CJ
Now on the 7th January we are offered...
CJ DIXON wrote:A Rosewood set of Drones with Irish blessing coin inset recently made for a customer...

Cheers,
CJ
What's the difference??Apart frae one set being blessed and the other one being a heathen!! :wink:
Slán Go Foill
Uilliam
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
RomanPiper

Post by RomanPiper »

Oft times ye scribble in black,
Others ye pen it a'down in red and green...
Wha' be the difference, ye always come across as a SMARTASS.

Try not to be such a tenderhead UILLIAM and leave the guy alone. Go eat some bad haggis or something (in the hopes of an argot high)...
Hail Caesar!
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

RomanPiper wrote:Oft times ye scribble in black,

Try not to be such a tenderhead UILLIAM and leave the guy alone. Go eat some bad haggis or something (in the hopes of an argot high)...
Tuttut no need for that. Liam has every right right questioning the avalanche of near identical underxposed unsharp pictures of not particularly nice looking sets.
Joseph E. Smith

It is my hope that we can refrain from personal attacks. Criticisizing somebody's work is OK, taking it to a personal level is not.
RomanPiper wrote:Oft times ye scribble in black,

This is an example of what I do not want to see. It is an example of how to get one's butt kicked off the forums. Cease.

That is all, dismissed.

-JES.
RomanPiper

Post by RomanPiper »

[quote="Joseph E. Smith"]It is my hope that we can refrain from personal attacks. Criticisizing somebody's work is OK, taking it to a personal level is not.

This is an example of what I do not want to see. It is an example of how to get one's butt kicked off the forums. Cease.

That is all, dismissed.

Dear Joseph,

I'm sorry and apologize to all. I guess I'm still sore about how when our prodigal son was attacked when he made his humble return to the Forum after he left (I'll not mention any names here, but at least one goose decended on him like unto the Holy Spirit embodied as a dove in the Theophany we celebrated yesterday), instead of putting a ring on his finger and slaughtering the fatted calf, some (again, I'll not mention any names) called to have him cast out again, to a foreign land, to live off the locust husks that he was called upon to feed the swine. I'm sorry and will say no more about it. Please forgive me (all o' ye).
Hail Caesar!
Joseph E. Smith

... right. Image