FS: Albas, A/G set - SOLD

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Albas, A/G set - SOLD

Post by PhilO »

I'm putting these up again with the same offer at $150 for all. These are beautiful whistles that I just don't play. I was surprised that other whistles went so quickly and these did not, because it seems there are always some people looking for them. They're in as new condition. Is it my breath? :) One note: In my opinion and that of one other player, though both are solid, the A of the set is the stronger of the two (I believe I recently started a thread about sets seeming often to be made for one of the included tubes to be the best or better.)

Q1 sold; now offering A/G set for $100. These are available again, as the buyer just withdrew due to financial issue.

Any takers please respond via e-mail or pm. Thanks.

Philo
Last edited by PhilO on Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Seems like Albas don't sell well these days. I have had my Alba D for sale for months and no takers.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

There are probably a lot of people like me that would buy them in a minute if they had the money. The Q1 is one of my favorite whistles. I have never played the A or G but I know what they are probably like. I think many people also like to buy directly from Stacey. A lot of people want some custom features.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Ron, I've also got a lowF Q1, and I'd say it's quite different, much more chiffy, ie breathy, whereas the highD Q1 sounds quite pure.
Amar
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

RonKiley wrote:There are probably a lot of people like me that would buy them in a minute if they had the money.
Ron
If I had the cash I would probably go for the A/G set, but I need that money for other stuff.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Unseen122 wrote:.......
but I need that money for other stuff.
Baba, this is beginning to sound like a mantra .....
why yes, sublimating the primal whoa energy and transmuting it for a higher purpose is the very rubric of wantra.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

The Q1 has been sold, so I'm now offering the A/G set for $100. Thanks.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

That last offer is tempting indeed. I would say that one of the two (i.e., the 'A') is an outstanding whistle and the other one (i.e., the 'G') is pretty fine as well. If I did not have a Sindt A, I would jump on the two.

As it is, I may yet......
canpiper

Post by canpiper »

How old are the whistles?
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Set was purchased new from Alba in July 2003; they haven't seen much playing time and remain as new.

Philo
Albanian

Post by Albanian »

Tuneable?
-Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence to that fact-

George Eliot
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Tuneable

Philo
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Alba A/G set still available at $100.

Philo
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Philo:

If you still have them on the 21st, please consider bringing them to the event. You already know my views on the A. If they have been sold by then, so be it. I have been off the wall with acquisitions lately and have to put the brakes on sooner or later. It's not as if what's standing between me and better music is the lack of yet another whistle. Still......

Tom D.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

The Alba A/G set has been sold. I'm feeling a little pain...

Philo