Fess Up your Christmas Disappointments

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

David - i thought the thread was great, i wish i had somethng to add to it -
carla and the kids got me shampoo ( i shave my head Buddah style ).
i was so hurt - still recovering, but i'm sure Santa's memory is as long as his beard ;)

i hate how the "holy" people always come out of the woodwork.
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

DCrom wrote:Drat it! Despite all my hints, nobody got me that electric dog polisher I wanted! :D
Only in San Jose would someone have an electric dog...
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Denny wrote:
DCrom wrote:Drat it! Despite all my hints, nobody got me that electric dog polisher I wanted! :D
I was going to deny that, but I *do* (my daughter does, anyway) have an electric dog. And a flashlight shaped like a crouching cat that loudly meows when you turn it on.

But let me assure you that we *don't* have a robotic maid. :twisted:
Denny

Post by Denny »

DCrom wrote:
Denny wrote:
I was going to deny that, but I *do* (my daughter does, anyway) have an electric dog. And a flashlight shaped like a crouching cat that loudly meows when you turn it on.

But let me assure you that we *don't* have a robotic maid. :twisted:
Starting a "birthday list", eh?
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I might add that robot dogs are beginning to be popular with the old folks who can't have real dogs in the assisted living centers where they live. In a discussion at the Christmas dinner table about robot dogs, the Japanese student laughed and said that they were very popular in Japan. She said the cost there was $1,600. Heck, you could buy a nice flute and a few stuffed animals for that amount.
Fishie

Post by Fishie »

I have no dissapointments to report.

My girlfriend bought me an Iam Lambe low D whistle which looks and sounds absolutely beautiful. She also arranged for some flute lessons while we were in Ireland.

Nope, no complaints...except that I'm back from Ireland.

:(
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Ruff, ruff, ruff, hello, I'm Raggs

(from a really good Woody Allen flick of years ago!)
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

I can't really complain, as I did get a lovely Sweetheart maple C flute(:D !!!!!!!!)from my grandma, and the new Compact Oxford English Dictionary(which I had asked for, and love) from my dad.
However, I was disappointed about one thing. My mom tried to get me some pre-gouged bassoon cane to make chanter reeds out of, but what ended up arriving was some pre-shaped oboe cane instead. :really: We are trying again.
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

eilam wrote:David - i thought the thread was great, i wish i had somethng to add to it -
carla and the kids got me shampoo ( i shave my head Buddah style ).
i was so hurt - still recovering, but i'm sure Santa's memory is as long as his beard ;)

i hate how the "holy" people always come out of the woodwork.
:lol:

And how I adore my e-ski! But what I want to know is, did they all volunteer to massage the shampoo into your bald pate for you?

I heard a good one the other day ... 'Beery Christmas and Happy Harmonica.' I shared it with the two nice Jewish brothers who own our company, and they were pretty pleased.

One sister got me some "eh, not so much" fireplace tools, so that was probably a quasi-dud ... from there, neither my other sister nor my aunt (these three are all that's left of my immediate family) actually got round to getting me anything at all. However, they've told me to buy myself stuff and they'd cough up within reason (i.e., no Olwell for this girl) -- so I'm not complaining, but it did make for a little skimpier under-tree experience than previous years.

Meanwhile, my sweetie spoiled me rotten with a Delft teapot and I got him the Burke Session Pro Brass whistle he's been hankering for.

(Being as fiddle is, so far, pretty obviously his primary instrument, this was truly a gesture of love. ;-))

P.S. Another Christmas treat: Mick, Louise, & Michelle Mulcahy's "Notes from the Heart" CD is WONDERFUL.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

On second thought, I should retract the joke about my beloved's whistle playing. He'll be fine.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
eilam

Post by eilam »

catski - they got me the shampoo they like, but i think to grow my hair as a retaliation move :wink:
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Aha! Reverse psychosis!

Brilliant.
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

My disappointment was that I'd hoped to start my kids skiing over the holiday but we had a thaw and all the snow in our area melted.
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-Lessee..didn't get that world peace I asked for, but did get on the waiting list. Its on backorder. Santa understood "World Peace" was mostly acquisitive middle-aged guy code for a Three Stooges DVD box set and the zennishly perfect little teapot found beneath the tree. Don't know when the peace will arrive, but there's hot tea and lots of Nyuk Nyuks and Woob Woobs in the meantime.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!
Woob Woob Woob!
:)
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

I didn't get one. :cry: