last night's strange dream..with Colin Goldie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

last night's strange dream..with Colin Goldie

Post by amar »

it was a confusing dream, perhaps due to fever, anyway, it was with colin goldie, I asked him if he made lowBb-whistles, (I actually do have one made by stacy (alba whistles)), I wanted to get one with an easier stretch. He then reached into his bag and pulled out a lowBb Shakuhachi, the stretch was quite easy, be the thing was very flexible, my lower right hand nearly squeezed the thing together. I tried playing it, but it didn't work to well..strange thing was, that the whistle holes were covered, from the inside, with very fine, thin paper, I don't know why, had to do with the sound. I also remember that I had difficulties in feeling the holes under my fingers. The whole thing was stange, as such dreams are, but all in all I experienced Colin as a friendly sort of guy, buddy-like. :)
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Fever dreams. I wonder what it would've been like if you had been drinking... on top of the fever. :D
amar

Post by amar »

Ha! No booze for me yesterday, apart from my neighbor coming over just past midnight, giving me a glass of champagne. Hm, tasty it was. :)
emmline

Post by emmline »

I don't know Amar, that sounds like a pretty normal dream to me, especially the paper over the holes part.
Maybe it was wax paper and would impart a sort of buzz to the whistle, kind of like putting wax paper over a comb and blowing.
amar

Post by amar »

emmline wrote:I don't know Amar, that sounds like a pretty normal dream to me, especially the paper over the holes part.
Maybe it was wax paper and would impart a sort of buzz to the whistle, kind of like putting wax paper over a comb and blowing.
Well, there was other crazy stuff that was going on, I can't even write what it was, you know, that fever-crazy kind of stuff.
That thing with the paper indeed was strange, why should I have dreamt that? In the mean time I checked out some shakuhachi-sites, I didn't know they were similarly end-blown like quenas, I thought they had fipples too!

no wonder it didn't work that well...

ahh, and the paper was inside the holes!

a side note..thank god I learn by ear...

on the other hand...sometimes I think it would come in pretty handy if I could wear the shakuhachi-basket while playing my whistles....
Last edited by amar on Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I think Colin Goldie has made a point of visiting everyone's dreams at least once. Last night it was your turn.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Here' my first dream of the new year. (I just woke up. Overslept 'til 9 a.m.)

Ever go to one of those fireworks shows where the fireworks are sort of synchronized with a musical score? I dreamt I went to one of those for New Year's and it was set entirely to the music of Mr. Barry Manilow.
amar

Post by amar »

DaleWisely wrote:Here' my first dream of the new year. (I just woke up. Overslept 'til 9 a.m.)

Ever go to one of those fireworks shows where the fireworks are sort of synchronized with a musical score? I dreamt I went to one of those for New Year's and it was set entirely to the music of Mr. Barry Manilow.
that was not a dream. more like a nightmare..

http://www.asoundinvestment.net/song/Co ... -Barry.wav
:D
djm

Post by djm »

Amar, the thin paper covering the holes is a dead give away. This is your inner voice telling you to switch to kazoo. :D

Dale, I would be very curious to see a fireworks display set to the Bandaids jingle (I am stuck on Bandaids, cuz Bandaids stuck on me etc.). :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

amar wrote:
emmline wrote:I don't know Amar, that sounds like a pretty normal dream to me, especially the paper over the holes part.
Well, there was other crazy stuff that was going on, I can't even write what it was, you know, that fever-crazy kind of stuff.
That thing with the paper indeed was strange, why should I have dreamt that? In the mean time I checked out some shakuhachi-sites, I didn't know they were similarly end-blown like quenas, I thought they had fipples too!

no wonder it didn't work that well...

ahh, and the paper was inside the holes!

a side note..thank god I learn by ear...

on the other hand...sometimes I think it would come in pretty handy if I could wear the shakuhachi-basket while playing my whistles....

No more drugs for that man! :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Geez Amar... from the thread title, I thought you dreamed Colin had put an end to war.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I can only remember three dreams in my whole life.

This thread is a reason why I am thankful for that. Everyone I know who remembers dreams is always wondering what they mean.

It's one less thing for me to worry about.....unless there's a meaning to a person not remembering their dreams? uh oh.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

This is what comes to mind when I dream of Colin and Overton whistles:

and slip a bass Bb in there in about a month!!! :twisted:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
amar

Post by amar »

damn you beets!
:swear:
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

1) large pipe
2) pipe soft
3) outlets obstructed