The Official 'Why I'm Thankful for Chiff and Fipple' thread

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

I think I'll just remain soylent on this matter. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

djm wrote:I think I'll just remain soylent on this matter. :D

djm
Har har har! :P

Oh let's have a barbecue,
you bring the meat and
I'll bring the Hufu! :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Brigitte

I enjoy coming here for many years now....

Post by Brigitte »

....because of never stopping to surprise me on nearly all fields which interest me a lot.....

Brigitte

To all who celebrate and all who don't too, have a nice holiday season and "ein Guter Rutsch in ein Gesundes und Glueckliches Neues Jahr"!!!
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Thank you, oh great chiffboard, for the early diagnosis of WHoa! My children will get Christmas after all!

btw - does anyone know which Lon Dubh is the louder - Blackwood or Delirin?
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

A very thoughtful & well-written post as usual, Scottie. :thumbsup:

Will O'
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I routinely boggle at C&F. There had to be a day about 10 years ago when I was exploring the web, trying to sort out the handful of whistle makes and models, and said to myself, "Hm, maybe I could throw up one of those web-page thingies." As it turns out, that was a very fine day.

Back in those days I would have declared that it would be silly to refer to someone who you know only from computer interaction as a "friend." But now I can hardly count the people who I regard as my friends whose faces I couldn't possibly pick out of a small crowd. It's weird, but we're there, and there's no going back, folks.

Grateful for the friends, the humor, the music, the outrageous range of expertise and ideas. Speaking with my usual modesty:

The creator saw that it was good.

Dale
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Dale, you made it all possible, and "I am unanimous" in thanking you for your foresight all those years ago.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
djm

Post by djm »

And so say all of us in the schizo ward.

Me too.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

djm wrote:
jsluder wrote:Soylent Green is people.
Not originally. In the story "Make Room! Make Room!" by Harry Harrison, it simply meant a food made from soy beans and lentils. The "people" bit was added to the movie as a bit of pure Hollywood.

djm
But Lemon Zest is people. Right?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

I am thankful for:
1) The wonderful stream-of-consciousness humor that happens here so often. Now I know I'm not the only one
2) Finally making it over 1000 posts. Makes me feel like I'm no longer a semi-lurker
3) Being honored by having Bloomfield bestow on me and my wife the inestimable priviledge of coming to our home for dinner, touching some of my whistles with his golden lips, and for declaring that my old C nickel Generation is one of the "good ones"
4) and all the mushy making friends stuff that others have already said better than I can
Mike
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

All the aforementioned, and new friends. And another hardly mentioned fact- You can not see me, and I can not see you. :)
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

[quote="Doug_Tipple"]
2. It constantly reminds me that there are a lot of people who are smarter and more knowledgeable than I am.

3. It also reminds me that there are many people who are genuinely considerate and helpful.
quote]

:thumbsup:
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?