Whistles From Santa

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Screeeech!!!
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Screeeech!!! »

whistlekin wrote:What you mean Santa Aint real!?!?!
If you don't know what that means, make sure to ask Santa for a dictionary.

:D

?
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

At this point it appears that there are no whistles in his bag. I may buy myself a Feadog Pro after the holidays. There is a rumor though that he may have an mp3 player in the bag.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Copeland D Whistle in Sterling Silver is on order. I have to wait a while for it.

I bought a Tipple three-piece, tunable six-hole low D flute "fully loaded" (Speckled Bore + Lip Plate + Tipple-Fajardo Wedge) to occupy myself with in the meantime. It's really nice!
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Well, Santa is bringing me (via my Christmas bonus) a tuneable Cheiftain Low D, it should be here by Friday... Merry Christmas to ME!
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

I see that everyone who has replied to this topic are getting some very nice whistles. Myself, being a beginner and perhaps living under more humble circumstances, am quite excited about receiving my Freeman "MellowDog" as an early Christmas gift.

To get it early, I had to make a deal with my wife, to accompany her as she sang the Wexford Carol in front of our church congregation, which I did yesterday. Although I screwed up a little bit :oops:, on the whole it was a positive experience. I got some good compliments from some of the professional musicians that I had to play in front of, and my wife said that several people in the audience complimented her on how I sounded, although only one person said so to my face. I even interested one kid in picking up the tin whistle, although he is trying to learn to play instruments of all sorts.

Any, the whistle is MINE MINE MINE now (you can tell that I'm not excited at all :))!

As a side note, Screech, what do you have against The Big Man In Red? After all, we all have our harmless little fantasies and beliefs in things which have no apparent physical proof, such as elves, hobbits and happy marriages. Unless the belief is going to cause some sort of damage, why not let it alone? I myself teach my kids that Santa Claus is a representation of the spirit of selfless giving. Under that definition, I think that many people can honestly say that they believe in Mr. Claus.

I also teach them that whatever they see, they don't get, which keeps the older kids in line!

By the way, I myself have positive proof that there are such things as happy marriages :D!
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

shadeclan wrote:...As a side note, Screech, what do you have against The Big Man In Red? After all, we all have our harmless little fantasies and beliefs in things which have no apparent physical proof, such as elves, hobbits and happy marriages. Unless the belief is going to cause some sort of damage, why not let it alone? I myself teach my kids that Santa Claus is a representation of the spirit of selfless giving. Under that definition, I think that many people can honestly say that they believe in Mr. Claus.

I also teach them that whatever they see, they don't get, which keeps the older kids in line!

By the way, I myself have positive proof that there are such things as happy marriages :D!
Congrats on the JF MEllow Dog. You won't regret that.

As for Santa, my kids were just as thrilled to find out that they too could become part of the 'Big Red' as they were to believe in some Rubenesue chimney sweeping elf... and I too have proof of happy marriage being more than a myth. :)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

No whistles for me this Christmas. My WhOA is currently in remission (hey, we all have our delusions), so I asked Mrs Santa for an iPod.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Amac

Post by Amac »

Congratulations wrote:Well, since I'm getting (already have, actually) and Abell C/D/Eb set for Christmas, I think I'd ask for a low D. I don't own one, and I think it's about time. Perhaps an Overton? Copeland? I really have no idea where to begin. Perhaps I should start another thread called, "What low D would Congratulations like?"

Hmm...
overton low D my friend, i have one & apparently rumour has it they wont be around for much longer, anyway a fantastic whistle with beautifull tone.
:party:
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Amac wrote:
overton low D my friend, i have one & apparently rumour has it they wont be around for much longer, anyway a fantastic whistle with beautifull tone.
:party:
Is there something I am not aware of and should know :-? I have no plans to stop making in the near future nor in the distant future as well.

Colin
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

Goldie wrote: Is there something I am not aware of and should know :-? I have no plans to stop making in the near future nor in the distant future as well.
Colin
Guess you should nip that in the bud real quick - wonder who started that rumor?
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
Hornpiper

Post by Hornpiper »

I'd ask for an Overton sop D and sop Eb! :)

I'd also ask for a fully-keyed wooden flute by either Grinter, Olwell or Aebi, and a full set of uilleann pipes by Froment, Kirk Lynch or Koehler & Quinn.

Ho ho ho!

:-D
Benjamin Thomas Isa Jaber
Dee Whistler

Re: christmas whistle

Post by Dee Whistler »

steggy wrote:
i am also looking for a soprano overton d for my birthday but my dealer( god i'm weak) tells me that they are no longer being made.
Who is that "dealer"? I just ordered mine (Overton sop D, directly from Goldie)) and it will be coming shortly. Also, above there seems to be another rumor considering low D:s.

Is this some salesman's trick to get all Overtons sold quicklier and with a higher price. :-?

My wish would be the "Highland hornpipe", just because it seems to be so funny instrument.

And, Santa is REAL. He is coming to my home at Christmas Eve (In Finland ((where Santa Claus really lives, the one and only REAL Santa)) he comes to every house in Christmas Eve and gives away the presents. He does not come through the chimney and not during the night as some postures seem to be doing.) :wink:

Merry Christmas and whistlefull new year!
It's not that hard to play it right. It's hard to play it wrong in the right place.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

My sons grew up knowing that if they didn't believe in Santa, he sure as H*** wouldn't come....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Screech was just having some fun.....

M
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

shadeclan wrote:As a side note, Screech, what do you have against The Big Man In Red? After all, we all have our harmless little fantasies and beliefs in things which have no apparent physical proof, such as elves, hobbits and happy marriages. Unless the belief is going to cause some sort of damage, why not let it alone? I myself teach my kids that Santa Claus is a representation of the spirit of selfless giving. Under that definition, I think that many people can honestly say that they believe in Mr. Claus.
It's actually impossible to have something against something that doesn't exist.

I've never noticed this spirit of selfless giving. When i tell people i'm Pagan and therefore don't buy people christmas presents, lo and behold they won't give me anything. There doesn't seem to be any selfless giving going on if you ask me.

but if anyone wishes to proove me wrong and does actually wish to demonstrate how selfless their giving is, then please PM me and i'll let you have my address and maybe you can see your way to sending me a nice Busman whistle. Or a set of pipes.

?
Feadin

Post by Feadin »

Screeeech!!! wrote: I've never noticed this spirit of selfless giving. When i tell people i'm Pagan and therefore don't buy people christmas presents, lo and behold they won't give me anything. There doesn't seem to be any selfless giving going on if you ask me.

but if anyone wishes to proove me wrong and does actually wish to demonstrate how selfless their giving is, then please PM me and i'll let you have my address and maybe you can see your way to sending me a nice Busman whistle. Or a set of pipes.
I bet it doesn't really matter what you say (being pagan and all that), but HOW you say it ;)
Selfless giving doesn't mean giving to someone you don't like :)
Cristian Feldman