Mall at Christmas time

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Steve-o
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Mall at Christmas time

Post by Steve-o »

So I had to go to the mall today to pick up some new contacts, and it was crazy there. The parking lot was completely full and it was like a battle ground in there. Thankfully I only had to run in and out, but it was bad enough. I felt pitty for the people that were there shopping all day.
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I never go to the mall on a weekend during Advent if I can possibly avoid it. In the middle of the day during the week, however, it's quite pleasant. I had a lovely time finishing up my shopping on Friday.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
emmline

Post by emmline »

To be avoided if at all possible!
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Going to the mall in December is serious business...
you could lose your life in the process...
I suggest taking along a guide who has a way with people,
like this guy...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

We had to go this week end. Lines were pretty long, and it was hard to move around in the stores because they were crowded. But people were acting nice. I pretty much hate shopping no matter when it is.

One mall, instead of having a big map of the mall with the store locations marked on it and list under it that puts the stores in categories (necessary since you can't tell what a store sells by its name), now has this incredibly stupid computer "store finder" instead :swear: . So only one person at a time can look at the mall map and for a certain type of store. You have to push buttons and read instructions---just to find out if there is a darn kitchen store there or not. :x :x The old type of directory any number of people could stand there and hunt for something. That got me to the screaming point but luckily the other people using it thought it was stupid too.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I received a $10 off coupon in the mail from Sears, so, you see, I had to go to the mall last Saturday. It was a zoo. I didn't really need anything, but I didn't want to let that coupon go unused. I have another coupon that is good until Dec. 24. I am trying to figure out what to buy this time.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Doug_Tipple wrote:I received a $10 off coupon in the mail from Sears, .....I didn't want to let that coupon go unused. I have another coupon that is good until Dec. 24.
You could always send it to me ol chap! $10 at Sears buys a good deal of small miscelanious stuff for around the garage :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

emmline wrote:To be avoided if at all possible!
I'd change that to, "To be avoided at all times of the year if at all possible!" Malls are chud.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

jsluder wrote:
I'd change that to, "To be avoided at all times of the year if at all possible!" Malls are chud.

I concur. Fortunately I have little need to ever go to the mall.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Flyingcursor wrote:
jsluder wrote:

I concur. Fortunately I have little need to ever go to the mall.
Sometimes I run an errand or two for the wife between jobs, so on occasion I'm "compelled" to visit...once I went after the schools let out for the day...it was like visiting the land of the Oompa Loompas.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

If you've been to one shopping centre, you've been to a mall.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Martin Milner wrote:If you've been to one shopping centre, you've been to a mall.
:lol: Good one!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

... so, there were these two shopping centers walking in Central Park late at night, and (of course) they were malled. :P
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:... so, there were these two shopping centers walking in Central Park late at night, and (of course) they were malled. :P
Attacked by Darth Mall?
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

jsluder wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:... so, there were these two shopping centers walking in Central Park late at night, and (of course) they were malled. :P
Attacked by Darth Mall?
At the Darth Mall...
http://members.tripod.com/darthmaulgirl/sw_notready.htm