Dale Wisely

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Chiffed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chiffed »

While in university in Vancouver, my phone number was very similar to a 24-hour pizza place.

The urge to just take their order was occasionally overwhelming. We called it the 'reverse Jerky Boys' effect, but the fun soon wore off.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Martin Milners are common as mud, and I've been mistaken for a few in my time, but I was very suprised one day when driving with my father through west Birmingham (UK), when he mentioned that a friend of his, Peter Crane, used to live in the area. I also had a friend Peter Crane who lived in the area. Not the same bloke, either.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I am not only a big shot CIO but I'm an expert at orienteering. I am also a music producer but most importantly I'm a radical right wing militia dude.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Apparently I once produced a movie called The Small Man.
(Shut it Milner!)
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Martin Milner wrote:Martin Milners are common as mud, and I've been mistaken for a few in my time, but I was very suprised one day when driving with my father through west Birmingham (UK), when he mentioned that a friend of his, Peter Crane, used to live in the area. I also had a friend Peter Crane who lived in the area. Not the same bloke, either.
I have a great album of Irish-style sea chanteys and songs sung by Dan Milner. He's a great Milner.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

missy wrote:
djm wrote:
Me: Hello (sh*t, its 2:30 am!)
Caller: Dave? (uncertainly)
Me: Yeah.
Caller: Dave?!? (worried, now)
Me: Yes. Who is this? (getting pissed)
Caller: Dave .... ya gotta get me a woman, Dave.
Me: ............. wuh?

Thankfully, these calls died out after a few weeks.

djm
aw - man - what the perfect set up for a Cheech and Chong gag:

Caller: Dave?
you: Dave's not here.............
Caller: (At 4:00 a.m. that same night) Hi. This is Dave. My answering machine is broken. I knew that you'd be home so I gave out your telephone number to a bunch of people. Have I gotten any calls?

Will O'
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

apparently I'm the contact person at Communicare Nursing Agency in Dublin....so if you need a job in nursing in the Dublin area, I guess I'm the one to call. I wonder if they'll patch the calls over to me here in Ohio? :P

One time I found out that I'd been arrested in Massachusetts for selling marijuana when I did a Google search on my name. Apparently I had quite a bit too because I seem to recall my bond being rather high (according to the article anyway). I'm just glad I found out because it would have been rather awkward to find out in a job interview or something.

But I mostly have found my name separated in some essay or whatever about Gen. Patrick Sarsfield and his troops marching through the Heather or something . Sarsfield isn't a very common name here in the US it seems. I have no idea if it is in Ireland or not, at least outside of Co. Limerick.

As for my telephone number, it seems to be close to the number for the police department here in my town. We've gotten quite a few calls from exceedingly intoxicated individuals calling about someone annoying them at 2:00 in the morning. And despite all efforts, it's impossible to convince them that they haven't reached the police department at all, and they tell us to get over to their house right away. Loads of fun! :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Martin Milner wrote:Martin Milners are common as mud
Funny - I thought I heard Beth saying she thought you were as common as mud...or was it muck... :D

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I am not Erin Walton. I wish I could get folks to understand that.

Reasonable person
Walden
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

"muck", now there's a good word. As a high school teacher, I wouldn't use that word in my classroom for fear of being misunderstood. As a young man, I used to help some small miners in Arizona. I was their "mucker", which means I shovelled out crushed rock from the mine.
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

According to google, apparently as "flanum" im a MD in Wisconsin department orthopaedic surgery..cool!

as me im..a conservational ecologist!! cool!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
djm

Post by djm »

Walden wrote:I am not Erin Walton.
G'night, John-Boy. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Doug_Tipple wrote:"muck", now there's a good word. As a high school teacher, I wouldn't use that word in my classroom for fear of being misunderstood. As a young man, I used to help some small miners in Arizona. I was their "mucker", which means I shovelled out crushed rock from the mine.
"Me owd mucker" in the north of England means "my old friend." "Muck" generally means dirt or grime. Another saying is "where there's muck there's brass," "brass" meaning money in this case. It refers to the profitability of the more polluting industries of the industrial revolution. To "muck in" means to get in there and help with a will. Then, if you have horses, you can "muck out" the stables - self-explanatory, eh! "Muck" is also used in a favourable way by gardeners when they're talking about that most valuable of commodities, well-rotted manure. Hence, farmers and gardeners talk about "muck-spreading."

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

There is only 1 other person with my name, and she is a biology professor at USC. Justines are so smart.....