Dale Wisely

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Dale Wisely

Post by Dale »

You know, my name, Dale Wisely, is not that common. If you google it--and please don't--almost every return is either me or just some random appearance of the English words "dale" and "wisely" on the same web page. In addition, a lot of people that are distantly related to me, including a crowd of them in the Bloomington, Indiana area, spell their names Wisley. So, anyway, enough about me. Well, not quite. So, imagine my surprise when I found this on the U.S. Department of State website: (http://foia.state.gov/MMS/KOH/key_country.asp?ID=Latvia)
Key Officers of Foreign Service Posts

RIGA (E) Address: 7 Raina Blvd., Riga LV-1510 Latvia; APO/FPO: PSC 78 Box R, APO AE 09723; Phone: +371-703-6200; Fax: +371-782-0047; Workweek: M-F/0830-1700

Officer Name
AMB Catherine Todd Bailey
DCM Philip Antweiller
POL Frank Collins
CON Landon Taylor
MGT Mary Teirlynck
AFSA Alan Knabe
CLO Elizabeth Smith
CUS Dale Wisely
DAO Dianne Leigh Sumner
ECO Mark Draper
GSO Harold E. Zappia
ICASS Chair Michael Brogan
IMO Alan J. Knabe
ISSO Alan Knabe
MLO Michael Brogan
PAO Victoria Sloan
RSO Michael Brown
State ICASS Mark Draper
Really spooky. I don't think that's me in Latvia.

I know a lot of you John Smiths and Mike Wilsons and Richard Johnsons out there are used to this kind of thing.

Sincerely,

Dale Wisely

P.S. Now enough about me. How are you?
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

A thread titled Dale Wisely by Dale Wisely could only be followed by a thread titled ID by Sigmund Freud. :P
jus' kiddin' Dale

I can't comment on the commonality of my name (it's been tried by others here already :P ) because it might make me easier to track...

I will just include that my first name is Masonic in origin. The Tyler is the bloke with the big sword that guards the Lodge door from eavesdroppers, cowans, drywallers, and stucco artists. :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

It seems even spookier that there are three people named Alan Knabe on that list. Although one is Alan J. Knabe. Surely that name is not very common either.

This also seems a bit spooky to me:
I don't think that's me in Latvia.
Why aren't you sure one way or the other?

I'm just fine, thanks.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Dale, you old cus!
Reasonable person
Walden
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

On nights of the full moon, I evidently turn into an electric guitar player in Cincinatti.
missy

Post by missy »

Wanderer wrote:On nights of the full moon, I evidently turn into an electric guitar player in Cincinatti.
ohhhh - let me know when your next performance is!!!! :D
FREEBIRD!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Very very well indeed; couldn't be better, thank you.

:wink:
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

When I put my last name in google I get page after page of from my ninth cousin, Celine. We have never met, but she is in my genealogy.
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

<a href="http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/hall_of_ ... y.html">Ed McCreary</a>, the fastest man in University of Delaware track and field history.

I can't wait to tell the wife.

Also, I apparently was born in <a href="http://genforum.genealogy.com/ireland/armagh/">1806</a> and currently suffering from a really bad case of <a href="http://www.hallsnews.com/shopper080105/ ... ">death</a> .
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Ah, but do you still have a googlism that reminds us that your nuts?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I apparently signed the following petition sometime between 1828 and 1834:
"To the Honourable Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Tennessee Your petitioners humbly represent that they reside on the north side of the south fork of the Forked Deer River in Haywood Co., that the people on that side of the river have had a battalion ever since the organization of the County and they compose the second Battalion of the Eighty Sixth Regiment, that they have heretofore had to cross the swamp of the aforesaid river to attend all regimental musters, that the swamp is something like three miles wide and that it is often times wholly impassable. They therefore pray your honourable body to relieve them in the premises by dividing the regiment, giving to them a separate regiment on the north side of said river."
I always was a lazy sod.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
missy

Post by missy »

jsluder wrote: Forked Deer River in Haywood Co
and if you ever get BACK to that area of Tennessee, you'll find out that is pronounced: Fork / ed. Not forked. Had that argument many a time over the title of a fiddle tune called "Fork / ed Deer".
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Re: Dale Wisely

Post by SteveShaw »

DaleWisely wrote: In addition, a lot of people that are distantly related to me, including a crowd of them in the Bloomington, Indiana area, spell their names Wisley.
Funny you should mention that. The headquarters of the Royal Horticultural Society is at Wisley in Surrey in SE England. From now on I'll always associate you with cabbages.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Dale
The Landlord

Re: Dale Wisely

Post by Dale »

SteveShaw wrote:
DaleWisely wrote: In addition, a lot of people that are distantly related to me, including a crowd of them in the Bloomington, Indiana area, spell their names Wisley.
Funny you should mention that. The headquarters of the Royal Horticultural Society is at Wisley in Surrey in SE England. From now on I'll always associate you with cabbages.

Steve
Oh, please, Steve. Everyone already does and you know it.

:)
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

Apparently I am also Secrétaire Général of the Union Régionale des Ingénieurs et des Scientifiques de la Côte d'Azur

Côte d'Azur??? Sounds nice. I wonder how I like it.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi