Your favourite cookie is...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I pretty much like everything, but home made shortbread is awfully good.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

I've never met a Pepperidge Farm cookie I didn't like. Unfortunately.

One of my favorites, the Milano:

Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Without a doubt, home made chocolate chip cookies... soft and dripping with smooth, Dove milk chocolate (I have to chip the chocolate bits first). My wife makes killer cookies, and I have been known to dirty the kitchen as well. :D
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Lambchop wrote:I've never met a Pepperidge Farm cookie I didn't like. Unfortunately.

One of my favorites, the Milano
Have you tried the "Brussels"?

chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I'm with Cynth -- a good shortbread is so far above anything else, it's not even a race.

I don't understand why so many people are touting commercial cookies when homemade are so much better and really easy, too.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

Thin Mints rock.

Oreos are the classic, the best, especially dunked in milk.

There's a health food store near me that makes oatmeal cranberry walnut cookies that are to die for. And, I figure since they come from a health food store, they must be good for you :D
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
djm

Post by djm »

Peanut butter cookies - 4" wide and 1" thick. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

chas wrote:...

I don't understand why so many people are touting commercial cookies when homemade are so much better and really easy, too.
Because I hate cleaning up the kitchen afterwards! :D Although I did make a double batch of the molasses sugar cookies yesterday.

I won't know what to do when my 45-year-old Sunbeam mixmaster finally dies. It was my mother's, my father replaced the bushings in the motor a couple of times, and I had to send away for a new beater when one of the old ones fell apart (and the new one doesn't really fit right, even though I ordered it from Sunbeam.) I'll probably die of sticker shock when I have to replace it.
Charlene
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Lambchop wrote:I've never met a Pepperidge Farm cookie I didn't like. Unfortunately.
Oh!! I like those rolled up ones...I can't think of what they're called but I love them :D

As for my favorite cookies, my mom always made butter cookies with raspberry jam (homemade!) in a thumbprint in the middle. I now make them every Christmas for my kids too. I also love my grandmother's Snicker Doodles (which is also a household tradition at Christmas time). As for other types than Christmas cookies, I love chocolate snappers. I've finally gotten my oldest daughter to make them as well as I do, so I don't have to bake them anymore ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
cowtime

Re: Your favourite cookie is...

Post by cowtime »

MarkB wrote:....mine is a Mallomar or at least one of the many I like.

It was the article in the New York Times yesterday that got my mouth watering for these ever so sweet cookies, which are only made between September and March and only in Canada, even though they were first made in New Jersy, and thoughtfully exported to the south.

A cookie base, with marshmallow on top then "enrobed" in chocolate, with them now coming with dark chocolate. Sometimes injected with a cherry filling or some other such jelly. I have been known to eat a whole box in one go.

Must go shopping after work tonight, must seek out the prize, must have.....

MarkB
If you like those you're bound to like these

but you've got to drink an RC Cola while you eat it to get the full flavor of the south.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

izzarina wrote: Oh!! I like those rolled up ones...I can't think of what they're called but I love them :D ....
Pirouettes?

Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Congratulations wrote:

One of my favorites, the Milano
Have you tried the "Brussels"?

I'm afraid I have, yes!

Brussels, Pirouettes, Chessmen . . . all of them. All of them are delicious, but I prefer the "distinctive collection" (the delicate ones, like Brussels) to the homestyle and that incredible chocolate chunk collection.

The homestyle ones induce a kind of cookies-and-milk nobody's-watching kitchen-at-midnight sort of feeding frenzy.

The "distinctive" ones, on the other hand, are entirely satisfying as a dainty nibble, so I'm able to restrain myself. A small cookie and a nice cup of tea is just enough of a treat for me.

The only ones I dislike are the sugar-free, but I dislike anything made with artificial sweetener--tooo sweet in a nasty metallic sort of way. Besides, research is showing that using artificial sweeteners doesn't help. The taste of something sweet sets off insulin release and what-all else, and you end up even fatter. I'd rather enjoy a small, but good, treat every now and then instead of shooting myself in the foot with a nasty-tasting, unsatisfying load of nonnutritive caca.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

The oven is hot, got the dough and I'm ready to go. Just at the end of work yesterday a colleague came in with the premixed cookie dough that we bought from him for a school fund raiser....I got a tub of Oatmeal Raison and I am making a batch right now for breakfast!

Let's see, oatmeal, raisons, and cream in my coffee...yep three food groups covered. It's smells heavenly in this place right now.

MarkB
Last edited by MarkB on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

MarkB wrote: breakfast!
You, sir, are EVIL.

(Looking for oatmeal and raisons to go with coffee.)
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Nothing like very warm cookies with very hot deep rich coffee in the morning. If I do nothing for the rest of the day, that is fine with me. Got the second batch going right now.

I think I will just have one more.....

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.