pennywhistle fashion

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
lilymaid
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

pennywhistle fashion

Post by lilymaid »

I'd not noticed this before, but I found it rather amusing.

http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?i ... ainCat=314
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

You know, I'm finishing up my Anthropology 101 class, and I've yet to see anything quite like that... :o
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Re: pennywhistle fashion

Post by Walden »

lilymaid wrote:I'd not noticed this before, but I found it rather amusing.

Not sure it'd flatter my figure.
Reasonable person
Walden
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

I can see it now... "hey, check out the fipples on that cutie!"
emmline

Post by emmline »

Actually, I'm amazed at the somewhat low price on that thing. On sale, but still...for some obscure reason they send me that catalog occasionally. I've never bought anything because they seem to be trying to couch their ridiculously overpriced merchandise in some sort of hipper-than-thou cachet.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

emmline wrote:Actually, I'm amazed at the somewhat low price on that thing. On sale, but still...for some obscure reason they send me that catalog occasionally. I've never bought anything because they seem to be trying to couch their ridiculously overpriced merchandise in some sort of hipper-than-thou cachet.
What do you mean overpriced? I think $228 is very reasonable for a Millefiori dog dish...
http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?i ... ainCat=379
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Just got mine, and I agree with Walden, it does not flatter my figure at all.... maybe a few rhinestones here and there....
Henke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Wow, that's a good looking top. Maybe I'll get one for my next girlfriend :)
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

if anthropologists are wearing those now, I don't know whether to say "I'm quitting law enforcement and getting into anthropology" or "I'm staying as far away from anthropologists as I can get!"
maybe it has to do with the gender of person I am imagining wearing the piece in question...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Tyler Morris wrote:if anthropologists are wearing those now, I don't know whether to say "I'm quitting law enforcement and getting into anthropology" or "I'm staying as far away from anthropologists as I can get!"
maybe it has to do with the gender of person I am imagining wearing the piece in question...
My father is an anthropologist, and he doesn't look any better in it than I do. :D
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:if anthropologists are wearing those now, I don't know whether to say "I'm quitting law enforcement and getting into anthropology" or "I'm staying as far away from anthropologists as I can get!"
My father is an anthropologist, and he doesn't look any better in it than I do. :D
That's it! I'm done forever with anthropology! the mental image that I have been left with, namely JES in a dress, has driven me into law enforcement forever. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Tyler Morris wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:
That's it! I'm done forever with anthropology! the mental image that I have been left with, namely JES in a dress, has driven me into law enforcement forever. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is as it should be. :lol: :lol: :lol:
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

" You know, a lot of girls go out with me just to further their careers...
damn anthropologists."
-- Emo Phillips
lilymaid

Re: pennywhistle fashion

Post by lilymaid »

Walden wrote:
lilymaid wrote:I'd not noticed this before, but I found it rather amusing.

Not sure it'd flatter my figure.
I'm sure Mr. Smith and Mr. Walden would both be lovely in it. The colour would flatter Mr. Walden, I'm sure. :)
Henke wrote:Wow, that's a good looking top. Maybe I'll get one for my next girlfriend :)
So you make a habit of collecting them, do you? ;)
emmline wrote:Actually, I'm amazed at the somewhat low price on that thing. On sale, but still...for some obscure reason they send me that catalog occasionally. I've never bought anything because they seem to be trying to couch their ridiculously overpriced merchandise in some sort of hipper-than-thou cachet.
They have pretty good sales, actually. All I have from there are a purple corset-style shirt, a teal sweater, a teal hippie shirt, and some really cool dish towels, but I think they're all adorable.

I wear what I like. Sometimes it's fashionable, and sometimes it's just plain weird. (The necklace I bought today, for instance, is probably in the latter category. :) )
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay