I finally bought my new silver keyed flute!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Lifeforms
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Scotland, home of the haggis, heather and whiskey! Yummy!!

Post by Lifeforms »

Yesterday we were up in Edinburgh (UK) and went in to a lovely music shop there. It was a proper one with a super selection of flutes. Played with three, a Jupiter all silver, Yamaha 311 (silver headjoint, e mech) and a Trevor James "The Cantabile" (silver headjoint, e mech). The jupiter was superiour in the fact it was all silver, but the sound wasnt that good so that was quickly ruled out.

It was down to the Yamaha, and TJ and whilst both were lovely to play the Yamaha lacked something in the sound that the TJ had. So after much debate I bought the TJ flute. It has a lovely rich tone to it, and was so nice to play.

It cost just under £700, which was double what i was looking to pay, but had some help in that department. Thanks mum! Having considered it, it was not going to be a good idea to go for another beginers flute. Its the intermediate group, so hopefully that will keep me going for forever. I dont see myself surpassing that!
http://www.worldwind.co.uk/intermediate_flutes.html

I love it! *G* and it does improve my playing just a bit heh and i dont sound awful on it (well not all the time heh) But thank you all who replied to my previous posts. It put me in great steading for the purchase.
thurlowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by thurlowe »

Good for you! That's a significant milestone. It sounds like you were careful in choosing your flute and found just the right one. That's great.
kittythorn

Post by kittythorn »

That's wonderful! Hope you have many "good times" with it! It sounds really nice!
Sing and make music in your heart to
the Lord, always giving thanks to God
the Father for everything, in the name
of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:19-20
hmartley
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I wanted to post my whistle that’s for sale. I hope this is OK, I haven’t posted for a long time.

Post by hmartley »

Congratulations! Have a wonderful time!

Heather