Love those Google Ads!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
sturob
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Love those Google Ads!

Post by sturob »

OK, so this one got me.

This was up in the ad box on the flute board.

I have to admit, I clicked on it, wondering what in the heck was a metal champagne flute? Like some kind of wacky Pakistani Böhm-style flute, but out of a yellowish metal?

DOH!

Stuart
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Casey Burns »

Did you know: every time you click on these Google buttons to see the referred site, it costs the owner of the button about 35 cents? That's a lot of champagne!

Casey
Denny

Post by Denny »

Casey Burns wrote:Did you know: every time you click on these Google buttons to see the referred site, it costs the owner of the button about 35 cents? That's a lot of champagne!

Casey
Casey, you need to drink a better champagne...
hans
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

35 cents to pay for a click.... That got me thinking, and I found this page about the price of words.
One of the most interesting fact is that we have reached a situation in which any word of any language has its price, fluctuating according to the laws of the market.

Words already had some kind of exchange value, but we hardly realized it : if I insult somebody, I will get something in return, such as a punch in my face for instance. But now there is no doubt anymore. The word "sex" is worth $3,837, the word "art" $410, "net art" is only $0.05 (prices on the 11 of April 2002). And the most expensive word is "free"! Prices are determined according to the number of search requests and an average Cost-Per-Click.
:boggle: $7,569 per day to use free as a keyword when you advertise via google, the free search engine! :o
David Levine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

yes...

Post by David Levine »

Gotta love it.
Time will tell who has fell and who's been left behind,
Most likely you'll go your way, I'll go mine.