the McGoldrick Lost Flute's

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
radcliff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

the McGoldrick Lost Flute's

Post by radcliff »

http://www.verticalrecords.co.uk/index. ... &newsid=62
just read this terrible notice on web...
orrible really!....my heart is breaking...
Sylvester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sylvester »

:x ...quite a bunch of keys intended for a lefthanded...not very difficult to spot if someone tries to sell it, is it?
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
clark
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Post by clark »

A few weeks ago I had the fortune to play in a concert at a local college theater. It was called "The International Flute" and was very interesting as there were flute players from many different ethnicities each playing their own kind of music: Native American, South American, Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Hawaiian and Irish. I was the Irish representative.

Anyway, we were all told that we could leave our stuff in one of the "green rooms" back-stage. All the artists were on stage for the sound check when I needed to go back to this room to get something. When I went into the room there was this guy in there trying the various instruments. It was apparently some student that thought it was ok to go in there and play with our instruments. He had to dig around in some bags to get some of these. I'm not sure he was trying to steal them as he didn't seem particularly concerned when I came into the room - he just kept on trying to play. Well there were words exchanged, everyone checked that nothing was missing, and the fellow shooed away. Very strange, he seemed puzzled why I would be upset that he was playing with my Noy!

So all the musicians brought all our stuff to the stage and we played the concert with everything in our (and the audience's) sight - much to the chagrin of the promoter who didn't think it was asthetically appealing. Well, she wouldn't have to pay and wait for a new instrument. I was surprized how cavalier everyone (excepts the musicians) were about this. I even asked about the security of the "green room" and was told it was "fine and not to worry." Not a specific enough answer... I will never leave anything I don't mind loosing backstage again!

Clark
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

clark wrote:A few weeks ago I had the fortune to play in a concert at a local college theater. It was called "The International Flute" and was very interesting as there were flute players from many different ethnicities each playing their own kind of music: Native American, South American, Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Hawaiian and Irish. I was the Irish representative.

Anyway, we were all told that we could leave our stuff in one of the "green rooms" back-stage. All the artists were on stage for the sound check when I needed to go back to this room to get something. When I went into the room there was this guy in there trying the various instruments. It was apparently some student that thought it was ok to go in there and play with our instruments. He had to dig around in some bags to get some of these. I'm not sure he was trying to steal them as he didn't seem particularly concerned when I came into the room - he just kept on trying to play. Well there were words exchanged, everyone checked that nothing was missing, and the fellow shooed away. Very strange, he seemed puzzled why I would be upset that he was playing with my Noy!

So all the musicians brought all our stuff to the stage and we played the concert with everything in our (and the audience's) sight - much to the chagrin of the promoter who didn't think it was asthetically appealing. Well, she wouldn't have to pay and wait for a new instrument. I was surprized how cavalier everyone (excepts the musicians) were about this. I even asked about the security of the "green room" and was told it was "fine and not to worry." Not a specific enough answer... I will never leave anything I don't mind loosing backstage again!

Clark
neither will the lunasa-boys..
cquick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Wording could have been better but I know what you mean

Post by cquick »

"I will never leave anything I don't mind loosing backstage again! "

This should really have said: "I will never leave anything I mind losing backstage again" or "I will always take my good stuff with me!"

Chuck
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

One of my daughters dances/teaches salsa and samba, anyway she and two other dancers had a gig at some restaurant and were told that they could leave their stuff, handbags etc. in a room that was secure whilst they danced for 20 minutes. Needless to say they were robbed, and lost the gig money (they were paid beforehand) and their mobile phones. The bright side was that the restaurant employees had a whip round, and they did get their gig money at least and the train fare home. It must be terrible to have your instrument, stolen. I'm extremely wary as regards leaving my flute or pipes unattended at a gig, or anywhere for that matter. At a session one can usually count on other musicians to keep an eye on your stuff. I really hope Michael gets his flute back unharmed.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Two words: that sucks!