Any Jugglers?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

How good a juggler are you?

I can juggle 3 balls
37%
I can juggle more than 3 balls
6%
I can juggle 3 clubs
3%
I can juggle more than 3 clubs
3%
I can't juggle but have tried; or am trying to learn
20%
I cannot juggle anything
17%
I bought a 4X4 for the express purpose of running over any juggling-oriented person I see
14%

Total votes: 35

dapolishunicyclist
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Any Jugglers?

Post by dapolishunicyclist »

After cruising these Forums for several weeks I began to notice a slight leaning by some individuals to the wierdo end of the spectrum. This in turn made me wonder how many of you can juggle.

I personally can juggle three club-like objects (ie. clubs, knives, torches etc.) or four ball-like objects (ie. beeanbags, balls, small rodents etc.) and have in the past suffered from an urge to buy juggling props, a sensation not far removed from wHoa.
djm

Post by djm »

Just juggling two balls has always been enough for me ... er ... I mean .... :oops:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

There is an unusual individual who lives near me who juggles on the beach. He's often seen riding his bicycle with clubs stuffed in the baskets. He's short, has hair in places he shouldn't, seems to have no concept of personal space, and appears to find me attractive.

He might be very nice, but I tend to confuse him with another short, hairy young man who has repeatedly tried to snuffle the back of my neck--once successfully--at the grocery store and who goes into transports of glee when I stop at the Taco Bell where he works. I do not know if he juggles.

I had been just crossing the street when I saw the one and keeping a shopping cart between me and the other, along with never eating at Taco Bell, but running them over sounds like a better plan. Thank you for suggesting it.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I'm halfway there. I've mastered the 'throw, throw' bit. It's the 'catch, catch' part I can't manage.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
emmline

Post by emmline »

I can juggle two balls poorly. Assuming it's ok to drop them a lot.

oh...but 3 of my children can ride unicycles.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Just three. No real desire to go higher. :D
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

djm wrote:Just juggling two balls has always been enough for me ... er ... I mean .... :oops:

djm
beat me to it. :D
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

emmline wrote:
I dunno...Unicycles,Robot salutes, Occasional vegans and crazy cake makers...the crack never ends in your place does it?

Slan,
D. :lol:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I learned to juggle from the book Juggling for the Complete Klutz. Iv'e gotten as fancy as juggling a softball, a basketball and an orange at the same time. But I don't do anything else, juggling-wise.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

This is another poll that requires an "Other" category.

I got pretty good with the Diabolo.

That encouraged me to try a few other items, so I tried juggling balls a few times - not gonna happen. I also bought a unicycle, but that's not gonna happen either.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I'm fairly good at 3 ball and can do a moderate number of different tricks ( below knee throws, reverse cascade, tennis, behind the back throws, columns, shower both ways, etc). I checked "more than three" because I can do 4 briefly, 2 per hand. I've dabbled in 5 ball and used to be able to manage about 10 throws, but was never able to get it stable.

I also do a little devil stick, clubs (just a simple cascade), cigar boxes and scarves.

Juggling is amazingly fun. Once you get that basic cascade down, it becomes sort of Zen-like and entrancing. It's actually very relaxing and meditative. I learned from an out of print book called The Juggling Book, by Carlo. You can probably find a used copy somewhere out there.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
dapolishunicyclist

Post by dapolishunicyclist »

Random notes wrote:This is another poll that requires an "Other" category.

I got pretty good with the Diabolo.

That encouraged me to try a few other items, so I tried juggling balls a few times - not gonna happen. I also bought a unicycle, but that's not gonna happen either.

Roger
I'm sorry I left out the "other" category; I was really going more for the actual juggling. I would usually consider diablos, plate spinning, devil sticks etc. as much other art forms as I would consider unicycling, but since they all are very strongly related in a lot of peoples minds, I probably should have thrown them in too.
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

I've been juggling a personal checkbook, business checkbook and a handful of credit cards without a stable income for more than a year now…
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

djm wrote:Just juggling two balls has always been enough for me ... er ... I mean .... :oops:

djm
Thank you, that totally made my day :lol:

(I needed a good laugh....)

M
emmline

Post by emmline »

dubhlinn wrote:
emmline wrote:
I dunno...Unicycles,Robot salutes, Occasional vegans and crazy cake makers...the crack never ends in your place does it?

Slan,
D. :lol:
Never.