Sweetheart of a part time temp job!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sweetheart of a part time temp job!

Post by Tyghress »

In case I hadn't mentioned, I am once again 'between jobs', as the boss sold his practice and the new owner wanted her own staff.

But I sure found a cool way to spend 3 days a week!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

Sorry to hear about your underemployment, but it's good to know that you've found something you are obviously excited about to make up for at least part of it.

It's always great to find a job you love. I'm just doing research until I am old enough to be a greeter at Wal-Mart.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

You didn't mention what that Sweet job was: are you working for Ralph and Walt?
(Tyg lives fairly near the Sweetheart shop)
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

brewerpaul wrote:You didn't mention what that Sweet job was: are you working for Ralph and Walt?
(Tyg lives fairly near the Sweetheart shop)
That is what my guess would be. Bummer to lose the FT, but what an opportunity THAT would be!!!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Hmmm, I was wndering how the Sweets got that cool tiger striping into those Dymondwood whistles. Obviously they've hired a special consultant.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Yep, you guessed it! I'll be working at the Sweetheart Flute Co, and I'm pickled tink! The only issue is the commute, about 45 minutes each way through Hartford, but their flexible enough that I should be able to miss the worst of the traffic just by offsetting my time a bit. Ralph needed a bit of assistance with the office stuff, and you can't ask for a more congenial group of people to spend time with. . .'park like setting', the ability to play a tune now and then. . .

. . .and all that machinery!!!! routers and lathes and drills and. . .oh my my my.

So if anyone wants to call in an order this coming Tues (possibly Wed, probably Fri). . .The Cat is at your service!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Peach

Post by Peach »

Hi Tyghress!

We met over the summer at the Chiff and Fipple gathering!
Congrats on the part time job! I know exactly how you feel! I live in Central MA and commute to RI weekly to work at Skip Healy's shop!
( about an hours drive each way)

I love it! It's such a unique setting to work in!

Best of luck on the new job (any chance of it going full time?)

Peach
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Hi Peach! Yes, I remember you, but I don't remember hearing that you worked for Skip Healy. An hour commute is downright painful, I think, but it is so nice to be able to make one's avocation one's vocation too.

If the business continues to grow, it may well require a full time commitment. Who knows? But for now I'll take the time as it comes, and continue to look for something full time. . .

Hope your autumn is going well!
Tyg
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Sweetheart
Healy
McGee
Abei
Copeland
Schultz
Reyburn
Syn

I may not get to work in their shops, but I DO get the chance to try their wares quite often. Eh Doc!? :twisted:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

Tyghress wrote:The only issue is the commute, about 45 minutes each way through Hartford....
So, that's how much practice time????
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

That is really cool Tyg. I was actually looking at colleges in Southern Mass and thought I might want to ask Ralph or Walt if they would like an apprentice. Hi Peach.
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

I was wondering. Since you are employed at the Sweetheart Flute co, could you get me a new Sweetheart since were "CyberBuddies" ?
Cheers!
~Andrew~

"As imperfect as we are, we each hold the world in our hands"
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

You betcha, Tal. . .

Call today between 9:30 and 5:00ish . . . I'll make sure you're set up right!

Oh, and have your credit card ready! :wink:

Avery, nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you end up in this neck of the woods, you really should ask them.

Gotta go to work. . .
Tyg
swizzlestick

Post by swizzlestick »

What a great opportunity! Congratulations.

By the way, remind your employers to post sound clips of their low D whistle. With all these great reviews on the board, I would like to hear what they are talking about.
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Any chance of smuggling out a sound clip of his low d???
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”