Ordering Burke Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IAN86
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Ordering Burke Whistles

Post by IAN86 »

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble lately ordering from the Burke website or contacting them. I've been unable to get in touch since I ordered my whistle a couple weeks ago.

Could just be my email or something. Anybody know anything?

Thanks,
Ian
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

?
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I've mailed him last Sunday and got his reply on Monday. I've sent him mails before and he always replies within a day.
:) Rini
Feadin

Post by Feadin »

Hi Ian,

I recently ordered a couple of whistles, took a long time, it seems they're flooded with orders (my guess) because all emails were very always short and took them many days to answer each...
So, I know it's really difficult but try to be patient :)
Cristian Feldman
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

DBSBT - Early October - Complete transaction, start to finish in a couple of days.

I do notice that Mike dates is his whistles in the same month that he sells them. That could indicate he doesn't maintain an inventory and prepares each whistle when they're ordered.

As the holidays approach, I hope he's overwhelmed with work as whistle widows and widowers do the right thing!
IAN86

Post by IAN86 »

I see. Well thanks. I will just give it some more time. I'm sure it'll go fine. Everything Ive read says they're great whistles.
Thanks,
IAn
meemtp

Post by meemtp »

They are indeed great whistles and yes, I believe that he does not always have all models in stock and therefore would have to make the instrument to order. As far as answering e-mails goes, that's a pretty traditional trait for instrument makers to be quirky about communication! Sam Murray is famous for it.
Corin
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Have you received a confirmation email directly after ordering?

I ordered a Bb this afternoon and got an email righ away containing my ordernumber.
:) Rini
IAN86

Post by IAN86 »

Yes, I did recieve an email order confirmation after ordering, but I saw on the invoice that I'd given the wrong expirary date for my credit card. Thats why I wanted to email back and confirm the correct date, so the order could go through if it hasnt already.

Ian
thirdfipple

email response

Post by thirdfipple »

fwiw, when I ordered my Burke his wife called me on the phone after I had waited a few days for an email response. She said they had been having some problems with emails generated from off the web site. She was very nice.

I did get the whistle shortly after that..and I love it.
Michael Burke

Post by Michael Burke »

Hi Everyone,
Just a note to say that Ian's whistle was shipped last Saturday and he should have it in a day or two. I have already emailed him tonight. We are really busy and rely on the fact that our system sends out a confirming email because we sometimes don't have time to check things and get back to people right away.
Happy Holidays!!
All the best
Mike
IAN86

Post by IAN86 »

Hi, just Ian here again.

Yup I have recieved an email from Michael and seems like everything is perfect. Very much looking forward to getting my whistle.

Thanks for all the responses and help.
Paul Reid
antispam: No

Post by Paul Reid »

FWIW, I received a whistle today from Byll -- Burke DAN -- it's really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really... great! I luff it!! Thanks Byll!!
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
Wynder

Post by Wynder »

I've ordered three whistles from Michael over the course of 6 years or so... two High D's and one Low D -- the first High D took a couple of weeks, but the other two arrived in about a week after ordering.

Great, responsive guy that makes a greater whistle. :) Thanks, Mike.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

And when he's not so busy, takes the time to respond at legnth to non-sales related whimsical whistlemaking and music queries as well...and I will order a second black tip brass D because I can't bare the thought that mine will break or be lost and I'll be without my number one...I was also quite surprised at how much I like the Viper - definitely holds its own with the great ones - Copeland and Overton.

Happy Holidays to you and yours too Mike.

Best,

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.