An idle question.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

SteveK wrote:
Cynth wrote: Steve, you always seemed like such a mild-mannered decent guy! I'm shocked that you would know about something like this. :boggle: :o :boggle: :o
I'm big buddies with Sam Hane who's an occult detective. He tells me stuff like this. I've never actually sold my soul. Incidentally don't call Susie. She's and iguana dealer and her idea of a good time is to sell you one.

http://www.sam-hane.com/agency/

Incidentally, Cynth, if you want old pictures related to music, visit this website. Scroll down a bit till you see Old Photographs in the left hand column.

http://www.whitetreeaz.com/
SteveK, it is the strangest thing but I've been to both those websites and had forgotten about them. They are the craziest places. I know I got a photo from the banjo site, of a fellow dancing I think. It is a wonderful place for old pictures. Thanks for mentioning them, I'm going to bookmark them this time. And I have the list of keywords to watch out for in my town! :boggle: :o :boggle:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Re: An idle question.

Post by Flyingcursor »

jsluder wrote:
I believe it involves standing at a crossroads in the middle of nowhere...

This is the correct answer. I would suggest reading up on the subject for details.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Nanohedron wrote:Image

Their heads are big. Admit it.

BTW, that is a prime example of Victorian racy pictures. Showing so much as an ankle was scandalous then; how much moreso one's gams? Also, the straddling of the backward-set chair is most provocative.

"Ballet girls", my -um- foot.

This art history lesson has been brought to you by your friendly faculty at Nano Community College.
I think their heads are big - in this picture only. The perspective is such that we see the shoulders at a narrow angle and it decieves the eye. Also, you can note that the dresses are short-waisted, therefore, again giving the impression that the bodies are smaller than they are in actuality. Note that the arms, hands,legs and feet do not appear small in comparison to the heads. Only the torso size seems distorted. It's perspective.

Oh, and also, those are definately not "ladies"... more probably "ladies of the night".
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:I'm inclined to believe him, Cynth. We are, after all, listening to Professor Fleecem Andrun, master of dark knowledge and all things corrupt.
As a matter of fact, I was just yesterday reacquainting myself with the Necronomicon for some light reading. True. I can tell you that Abdul al-Hazred was a piker. You want Dark Arts? Take a walk on Wall Street.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:
Lambchop wrote:I'm inclined to believe him, Cynth. We are, after all, listening to Professor Fleecem Andrun, master of dark knowledge and all things corrupt.
As a matter of fact, I was just yesterday reacquainting myself with the Necronomicon for some light reading. True. I can tell you that Abdul al-Hazred was a piker. You want Dark Arts? Take a walk on Wall Street.
See! I knew it!

I'm lucky to have escaped!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
See! I knew it!

Indeed. Cthulhu looks with favor upon the Mage that offers lamb unto his eldritch majesty.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: As a matter of fact, I was just yesterday reacquainting myself with the Necronomicon for some light reading. True. I can tell you that Abdul al-Hazred was a piker. You want Dark Arts? Take a walk on Wall Street.
See! I knew it!

Indeed. Cthulhu looks with favor upon the Mage that offers lamb unto his eldritch majesty.
That is sooooo disgusting! Ewww!

C*hu is nothing more than a big bilious Jabba with feelers. Bleah! Yecch!
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Gotta get my old tuxedo pressed,
Gotta sew a button on my vest,
'Cause tonight I gotta look my best
Cthulhu's back in town
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I'd stay home.
Edited to remove images that stopped working. Drat!
Last edited by Cynth on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:C*hu is nothing more than a big bilious Jabba with feelers. Bleah! Yecch!

Looks like he's lost some weight and is working out. Pretty buff, there.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:
Lambchop wrote:C*hu is nothing more than a big bilious Jabba with feelers. Bleah! Yecch!

Looks like he's lost some weight and is working out. Pretty buff, there.
Oh? Then what's that lardaceous deposit hanging off the back of his head?

Needs to trim those nails and nose hairs, too.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Dubh, your own Patrick Kavanaugh has an answer (sort of), in "Pegasus," which I don't want to reproduce in its entirety because of copyright reasons. But here's a bit: the first two lines, and then the ending, after he has tried to sell his soul to the Church, the state, "crooked shopkeepers," and tinkers, the price getting lower each time, and nobody taking the soul off his hands.

~~~~~
My soul was an old horse
Offered for sale in twenty fairs....

. . . . .

....'Soul,' I prayed,
'I have hawked you through the world
Of Church and State and meanest trade.
But this evening, halter off,
Never again will it go on.
On the south side of ditches
There is grazing of the sun.
No more haggling with the world...'

As I said these words he grew
Wings upon his back. Now I may ride him
Every land my imagination knew.
~~~~~

But I suppose you knew that already!

Carol
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Indeed Carol,
Paddy K. was a very wise man. The county of Monaghan is littered with crossroads.A minefield of crossroads I'll tell ye.
Around every corner there's another crossroads.Shocking place for crossroads altogether.

Paddy stood at every one.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

How do you sell your soul? You buy your first whistle and the deed is done.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)