high F# whistle??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
bustapipuh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

high F# whistle??

Post by bustapipuh »

I need to find a high F# whistle for a gig, and can't seem to find any brands that make whistles in that key. I don't have enough time (or money) to get one special made. Any ideas? Thanks so much

Tyler Duncan
www.millish.com
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

If you're really pressed for time and need a quick solution, Susato makes a C# whistle that can easily play in the key of F#.
There are several makers who offer high-end F# whistles, but there's usually a waiting period for them.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Chiffed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chiffed »

Jubilee can probably help you out. Worth a shot.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Mike Burke has them for sale.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
colomon
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

raindog1970 wrote:If you're really pressed for time and need a quick solution, Susato makes a C# whistle that can easily play in the key of F#.
bustapipuh is a multiple All-Ireland winner and jazz student at the University of Michigan. Odds are if he says he needs an F# whistle, he really needs an F# whistle. :)

Generation head and metal tubing you drill holes in? Tyler, can you tell us more about the gig?
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
Rosee

Post by Rosee »

Generation high G with the head pulled out and the holes filed into submission?
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Didn't generation used to make one? Or was that an F natural?

<goes rooting for the bag of unplayed whistles >
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
John S

Post by John S »

Playing with NSPs?

John S
bustapipuh

Post by bustapipuh »

I think the C#susato idea might work. It would require a good amount of third octave playing -- are susatos in tune up there?
Thanks for all your help. i really appreciate it-

Tyler
bustapipuh

Post by bustapipuh »

Sorry I forgot to mention that the gig is with a band called "ceili rain." they have a site if you're interested www.ceilirain.com
whats nsps?

T
bustapipuh

Post by bustapipuh »

i just checked out susatos site and I can't find a C# listed anywhere. is there a store you saw somewhere selling them?

Tyler
Celtic983

Post by Celtic983 »

I then came home, and went whistling all over the house, much pleased with my whistle, but disturbing all the family.

Benjamin Franklin
ShadowBG625
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

bustapipuh wrote:i just checked out susatos site and I can't find a C# listed anywhere. is there a store you saw somewhere selling them?

Tyler
A C# whistle is also the Db whistle. I think that's what it is on the Susato website.
colomon
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

bustapipuh wrote:I think the C#susato idea might work. It would require a good amount of third octave playing -- are susatos in tune up there?
Don't you have a D Susato to try? (I've no clue, I never muddle around with the third octave.) Does seem like it's likely to be very painful to play up there.

If need be (and you have enough time), I can lend you a D and/or C Susato to try, just to see if it seems like a C# would work for you.
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

The Susato would be brutal in the third octave....