Are there any recorder players in Wichita? ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Bye, bye folks. I'm done with this thread.

Now I see what you're up to, Lamby.

Best wishes,
Jerry

:-? You see what I'm up to?? :-?

What, criticizing your lifestyle? I didn't intend that.

Hijacking your thread? I'm not the only one. But, here, we'll get it back on track, and in future I'll remember not to have dealings with you. You are one of the most easily offended individuals I've encountered here, and for some reason seem to have a personal issue with me, so staying away from you will be a load off my mind. I won't have to worry further about p*ss*ng you off.

Here, back on track:
DENVER (AP) — A man who sued Home Depot last month claiming a prank left him glued to a toilet seat made a similar allegation about another restroom more than a year ago, an official told a newspaper.

Bob Dougherty's lawsuit alleges employees at the store ignored his pleas for help on the day before Halloween 2003 because they thought he was kidding.

But Ron Trzepacz, former director of operations for the town of Nederland, where Dougherty lives, told the Rocky Mountain News in Tuesday's editions that Dougherty told him in the summer of 2004 he was glued to a toilet seat in the town's visitor center but pulled himself free.

Trzepacz told the paper he inspected the bathroom and found "no indication that anything had been on the toilet seat." No police report was filed, he said.

Dougherty's lawyer, Mark Cohen, denied his client made such a claim and said Dougherty is willing to take a polygraph test.

"The allegation doesn't make any sense," Cohen told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Neither Trzepacz nor the Nederland town administrator immediately returned a call from the AP. Nederland is about 45 miles northwest of Denver.

Dougherty's lawsuit, filed Oct. 28, said officials at the store in Louisville called for an ambulance after he had been stuck for about 15 minutes. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, which separated from his skin, leaving abrasions, according to the suit.

The lawsuit also said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck.

The lawsuit claims he suffered pain, humiliation and financial loss. It seeks $3 million.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I hope they get to the bottom of it. It sounds like a sticky one for the authorities all right. I can't imagine why anyone would have good resin to do such a dastardly thing. I certainly hope that they won't attempt to paper over the cracks.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Ring around the caller ....

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Best wishes,
Jerry
:-? :-? Is anyone on this thread up to anything? Seemed like a free for all to me from the very first post.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Cynth wrote:

Best wishes,
Jerry
:-? :-? Is anyone on this thread up to anything?
Ayup.

Of course, I was advocating serving chewed-on, potentially toxic food to the unsuspecting. That's exactly the sort of thing I always recommend. Perfectly innocent comment on Lamby's part.

Now, if you care to, you can go a few more rounds on how unreasonable and touchy Jerry is and how misunderstood Lamby is.

G'day.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh dear. No, I don't think I care to go a few more rounds, thanks just the same.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

Merry Christmas!!!

SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Of course, I was advocating serving chewed-on, potentially toxic food to the unsuspecting. That's exactly the sort of thing I always recommend. Perfectly innocent comment on Lamby's part.

Now, if you care to, you can go a few more rounds on how unreasonable and touchy Jerry is and how misunderstood Lamby is.

G'day.
Shucks. I was just getting into the glue and bog seat stuff with enthusiasm. About time I gave vent ( :lol: ) to my scatological side I thought. Still, if you'd prefer to get serious.... :wink:

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
Cynth wrote:

Best wishes,
Jerry
:-? :-? Is anyone on this thread up to anything?
Ayup.

Of course, I was advocating serving chewed-on, potentially toxic food to the unsuspecting. That's exactly the sort of thing I always recommend. Perfectly innocent comment on Lamby's part.
Jerry Freeman wrote:I have an aversion to letting useful things go to waste, and I admire the woman who has figured out how to get a good meal out of what restaurant goers have rejected.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Sometimes life is just so confusing...
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

You seem to be inferring quite a lot that I didn't say.

I don't recall posting that I admired her for serving moldy cheese and spoiled meat to her coworkers. You appended that later yourself, Lamby and then attributed an endorsement of it to me.

This isn't what I consider a "clean" conversation. You're working pretty hard to generate controversy in a way that I can find quite enough of if I care to, just by listening to the neighbors' gossip. It's not the sort of thing that brings me to this board.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Some time ago, I saw a television special that was built around a demonstration of how much good food gets thrown away.

The people running the show studied the patterns of disposal of restaurants and grocery stores and determined what was available from dumpsters at what times that would be fresh and in good condition.

Then they had a chef prepare a banquet from food that had been gathered on that basis. They showed the prepared food, they showed the guests enjoying the food, and they interviewed the guests, who knew in advance where the food was coming from and were happy to participate in the exercise. It was a pretty impressive feast.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Jerry Freeman wrote:You seem to be inferring quite a lot that I didn't say.

I don't recall posting that I admired her for serving moldy cheese and spoiled meat to her coworkers. You appended that later yourself, Lamby and then attributed an endorsement of it to me.

This isn't what I consider a "clean" conversation. You're working pretty hard to generate controversy in a way that I can find quite enough of if I care to, just by listening to the neighbors' gossip. It's not the sort of thing that brings me to this board.

Best wishes,
Jerry
I'm not inferring anything. Nor could I have appended anything to your post. It's on the first page of this thread.

Steve asked what dumpsters were, I provided an explanation, and tried to expand on it by including a description of "dumpster diving" using the example of a woman I know who dumpster dives for garbage behind seafood restaurants. To this, you posted a response that really did appear to be critical of ME for disapproving of eating out of the garbage.

Here's the link: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... ngs#442473

And here's the quote:
Jerry Freeman wrote:The thing I find repellant is how this underscores what a throw away society we live in. We have such an excess of things for which millions elsewhere in the world are dying without, and we seem to take this overabundance for granted.

I have an aversion to letting useful things go to waste, and I admire the woman who has figured out how to get a good meal out of what restaurant goers have rejected.

I'm in the business of making affordable housing out of mobile homes that others don't see the value of reconditioning. You would be amazed what beautiful homes I can create out of what society has rejected. You would be equally amazed at how disgusting some of these homes are before I start to restore them to usefulness. What I do in this regard is very much like dumpster diving.

When I was small, my father was not long home from WWII. If I was fussy at the table, he would scream at me about the Italian children he had seen eating watermelon rinds out of the gutter to keep from starving.

When we first brought Tania home at age four from the orphanage in Russia, the first time she had access to unrestricted food, she gorged herself to the point of throwing up. It had been her experience that you had to eat all that you could stuff in your mouth when it was there because the supply was uncertain. When we brought Ana home from the orphanage in Siberia, she weighed 20 pounds at age three.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Last edited by Lambchop on Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

You didn't express any disapproval for me to appear critical of.
Lambchop wrote:I used to have an aversion to the whole concept of dumpster-diving, before I was enlightened. A woman I work with used to be what's known as a "live-aboard," or a person who lives on a boat of some sort, floating aimlessly around Florida, anchoring just offshore in coves, pulling up to public beaches to bathe in beach showers, and so forth. Kind of a nautical hobo.
Not being able to read your mind, I assumed you meant what you said.

The post I was responding to came from someone else, and that should have been clear because that person used the word "repellant," which you did not use, and which I referred to when I used the phrase, "What I find repellant ... ."

How many rounds would you care to go with this?

Best wishes,
Jerry
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Denny wrote:Sometimes life is just so confusing...
:lol: Only if you try to figure it out.