Aluminum Foil Hats Will Not Stop "Them"

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jsluder
antispam: No

Aluminum Foil Hats Will Not Stop "Them"

Post by jsluder »

From Slashdot:
A study at MIT has found that aluminum foil headwear ("Among a fringe community of paranoids..the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals") actually amplifies certain frequency bands allocated to the US government, as well as a mobile phone range, and is largely ineffective through the rest of the radio spectrum. But we can we trust the study, or are They controlling the researchers?
Here's the study...
On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets: An Empirical Study
Abstract
Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We theorize that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Lovely.

Best wishes,
Jerry
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

ah - I grew up right next to the Voice of America antenna farm. Plus - we had the WLW tower, which back then was broadcasting at a huge amount of watts. Kids would get WLW on their braces - we'd get bleedover from VOA blocking stations on the TV (lessons in Cuba, anyone?) - and my dad, who was a HAM would go crazy.

I don't need no stinkin aluminum hat!!! :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Congratulations

Re: Aluminum Foil Hats Will Not Stop "Them"

Post by Congratulations »

jsluder wrote:
We theorize that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.
I KNEW IT!

Insidious.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
emmline

Post by emmline »

Oh, this has conspiracy written all over it.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

So, what should we be wearing? Back in about 1980 there was a Mandarin instructor at the Defense Language Institute who wore a bucket on his head. It looked like it might have been galvanized steel. Any research on that?
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
emmline

Post by emmline »

I would say, wear a radio antenna, grounded to your rubber-soled shoe.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Living as I do in an area beset with sea-birds of many varieties, I'm attracted to the idea of aluminium helmets (sorry about the capricious English spelling). Non-absorbent so that the offending ejecta doesn't seep through to the pate, and exceptionally washable. Fashionable? At my age, who cares?

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

The solution is simple if you are concerned: I just walk around all the time with my fingers in my ears shouting, "La la la la la." Works great.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
djm

Post by djm »

The problem is actually two-fold. You've got all this increasing amount of radio energy blasting your body 24/7, plus you've also got microwaves zapping you from communications satelites. The only truly effective way to protect yourself is to use a grounded foil of copper window screening. This will actually attract these unwanted negative energies away from you and drain them harmlessly into the earth .... or so we thought, until we found ourselves beset by giant 800' long earthworms singing Da Doo Run Run. What Slude's study does NOT reveal is that aluminium helmets are the only light-weight cranial shield effective against the saliva of giant 800' long singing earthworms.

Well, that's what I heard, anyway ....

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Henkersbraut

Post by Henkersbraut »

Oooh, I'd like to listen in on those broadcasts, I bet they talk about ET and stuff - but I don't have any aluminium foil. Can I use clingfilm? (And just in case 'clingfilm' isn't an international term: plastic foil.)
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Henkersbraut wrote:Oooh, I'd like to listen in on those broadcasts, I bet they talk about ET and stuff - but I don't have any aluminium foil. Can I use clingfilm? (And just in case 'clingfilm' isn't an international term: plastic foil.)
= saran wrap. :wink:
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

amar wrote:
Henkersbraut wrote:Oooh, I'd like to listen in on those broadcasts, I bet they talk about ET and stuff - but I don't have any aluminium foil. Can I use clingfilm? (And just in case 'clingfilm' isn't an international term: plastic foil.)
= saran wrap. :wink:
How about bubble wrap? You could put some of that on and tell your spouse that you're just popping outside... :D

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
missy

Post by missy »

SteveShaw wrote:
How about bubble wrap? You could put some of that on and tell your spouse that you're just popping outside... :D

Steve
or you could learn to "pop" in code:
pop/pop/pop/ popppp/poppppp/popppp/ pop/pop/pop/ :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
fearfaoin

Re: Aluminum Foil Hats Will Not Stop "Them"

Post by fearfaoin »

Some paranoid dude wrote:These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We theorize that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.
I think a (slightly) more plausible theory is that the government
reserved those frequencies because of the aluminum foil headgear
craze...

The answer, of course, is a full-body Faraday cage: