Maybe Not So Controversial Musician Stops Making Music?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ctilbury
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ctilbury »

peeplj wrote:Lots of nice folks come across as very abrasive or even just rude in email or on forums.

There are many fine folks who are wonderful people, but shouldn't be let near a computer keyboard without a keeper and a large glass of whiskey.

Unfortunately, I am one of those. 8)
Me too. :oops:

KDMARTINKY, Sorry about the loss of your grandfather. I did not find out what a great influence my grandfather had on me until several years after he passed on. I wish I had known him better.
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:I'd have to agree. Although I don't listen to New Age Music, I wouldn't consider any of his music being "controversial". He is a talented musician.
I made a few whistles for him.
I think he had problems with his email system, I remember not hearing from him for a long time and then all of a sudden I got this nasty letter from him about ignoring his emails. I didn't ignore anything, I didn't receive anything from him. I wrote back but never received a response.
I wish they'd make anyone buying a computer memorize this and repeat it maybe 100 times or so:

Email isn't a guaranteed-delivery medium. The person you are emailing may not recieve your email. They may fail to get one, many, or all of your emails, and you'll never know. It's not broken, it was a very deliberate decision to avoid a Very Bad Thing known as a broadcast storm that can bring a network to its knees.

I have seen so many arguments started both online and in my various jobs related to this vitally important but often unknown fact about email.

Again and again I've had doctors ask me when they'd fix this. I never could get them to understand that first, it's not broken, and second, you don't want to "fix" it as the side effect of doing that would be an Internet that would be down more than it was up.

--James
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

KDMARTINKY, I'm very sorry you lost your Granddad, just keep him in your mind, I guess he wouldn't ask for much more.
And yes, Tal's website has been down for a long time. I wish him good luck in the future.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandfather. It's good to have Grandfathers, my Grandfather used to talk about his early days when he was a ridge runner in West Virginia.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I still have no clue who we're talking about. :lol:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

Yes, he was a wonderful sweet man. Misunderstood by the masses. His music comforted many. Pity about that "goat thing".
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

HI!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Hello Keith Martin,

It has been quite some time since I last visited "Chiff". I do not have much free time these days. Taking on new things in my life. Yes, I got rid of my web-site & all else on purpose. It was the only way to remove myself from the music scene.

Anyhow, I'll be happy to address a few things that you have mentioned regarding my whereabouts.

First off, I am truly very sorry that your grandfather passed away :( . I lost both of my parents early on so I do understand the deep emotional feelings that are involved. That's the true reason for the title of my first album, "Tears Of The Forest". I have had a very hard & sad life. The only outlet I have is music to express that feeling inside.

"The Parting" seems to have really appealed to you in a deep & personal way. I am happy that you enjoy that track & the c/d. In response to your "thank you", I will gladly say, "you are more than welcomed :) !" My hope is that you will soon recover from the lost of your dear grandfather.

Regarding the music. Yes, I have given up music for a complete yr. I have had some medical issues of my own & my doctor's tell me to take a yr off from music as this has caused much stress in my life. It's fun stuff but at times some things that you have a passion for can back fire later on in life. I need a long break. It's really painful playing the whistles.

There was one good thing that I am really very proud of. Someone used my entire cd for a pbs special that will be airing soon. Not to sure of the date. These days instead of performance I try to license my music to various people who contact me for licensing work.

My second cd & Low Whistle dvd is still on hold until I can beat this medical problem. I have not played for atleast 5 months. I have made progress because of that. Thank goodness!

It was nice chating w/you Keith. Take good care.

Talbert St. Claire

P.S. I would like to say hello to ALL OF YOU on the board. Sorry if some on the board were offended by my post's in the past. I can guarantee that if you were to meet me in person I am far different from any on-line discussions :) .

My very best of wishes to you all.

-Thanks
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
chas

Post by chas »

Keith, sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Tal, I hope you beat your medical problem. Can you tell us what the title of the PBS special is?
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Please take care, Tal. I'll be thinking of you.

Congratulations on the PBS special. It's clear that the music you've recorded touches people.

Best wishes,
Jerry
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Talbert:

Thanks for the kind words. I hope for you a quick recovery from your illness. I will stay tuned to PBS.

Keith
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
Dale
The Landlord

Re: HI!

Post by Dale »

talbert st.claire wrote:Hello Keith Martin,

It has been quite some time since I last visited "Chiff". I do not have much free time these days. Taking on new things in my life. Yes, I got rid of my web-site & all else on purpose. It was the only way to remove myself from the music scene.

Anyhow, I'll be happy to address a few things that you have mentioned regarding my whereabouts.

First off, I am truly very sorry that your grandfather passed away :( . I lost both of my parents early on so I do understand the deep emotional feelings that are involved. That's the true reason for the title of my first album, "Tears Of The Forest". I have had a very hard & sad life. The only outlet I have is music to express that feeling inside.

"The Parting" seems to have really appealed to you in a deep & personal way. I am happy that you enjoy that track & the c/d. In response to your "thank you", I will gladly say, "you are more than welcomed :) !" My hope is that you will soon recover from the lost of your dear grandfather.

Regarding the music. Yes, I have given up music for a complete yr. I have had some medical issues of my own & my doctor's tell me to take a yr off from music as this has caused much stress in my life. It's fun stuff but at times some things that you have a passion for can back fire later on in life. I need a long break. It's really painful playing the whistles.

There was one good thing that I am really very proud of. Someone used my entire cd for a pbs special that will be airing soon. Not to sure of the date. These days instead of performance I try to license my music to various people who contact me for licensing work.

My second cd & Low Whistle dvd is still on hold until I can beat this medical problem. I have not played for atleast 5 months. I have made progress because of that. Thank goodness!

It was nice chating w/you Keith. Take good care.

Talbert St. Claire

P.S. I would like to say hello to ALL OF YOU on the board. Sorry if some on the board were offended by my post's in the past. I can guarantee that if you were to meet me in person I am far different from any on-line discussions :) .

My very best of wishes to you all.

-Thanks
What a gracious post. Thanks and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dale
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Get better Tal-- I can't imagine having an illness that would prevent the playing of music. Must be a terrible thing.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Talbert St. Claire

Thanks!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Dale, Jerry, Keith, Chas & Paul,

Thanks very much for your thoughts! I appreciate it :) .

P.S. Regarding the PBS special. It's a video that touches on life through the practice of Yoga. The camera man has won an Emmy for his previous work. I almost forgot that my music was in there once I saw the film on dvd. The music was only the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more to the film than the music. It's nice seeing everything come together as a whole.

If possible, I will try to get the date it will air early January 2006.

Never mind the music because his filming was so unique. The back drops from the state of Arkansas was really appealing. I never knew that Arkansas was so beautiful!! Infact, once I get better this is the guy that will film the Low Whistle Tutorial for me. I was supposed to have flown out to Arkansas this past Oct to film my dvd but it's on hold until next summer.

The crew had a premier for the film several months ago but because of my condition I could not attend. I am glad that they all had such a great time.

Keep the faith C&F. If you have your health then you are very fortunate indeed. :wink:

Best wishes & take care guys.
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

Hi Tal,

I tend to come off as a complete jerk on the board. Problem is, I'm not that much different in reality.

I've had tendonitis from whistle playing. That I can control somewhat by relaxing my grip and reducing the amount of time I spend playing. And it's looking like I'll have to quit trying to learn how to play rolls.

The tinnitus is another issue, but that's slowly coming under control...(protect your ears, folks).

Is it tendonitis? (I hope you don't mind my asking).

Tom.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Whitmores75087 wrote:Hi Tal,

I tend to come off as a complete jerk on the board. Problem is, I'm not that much different in reality.

I've had tendonitis from whistle playing. That I can control somewhat by relaxing my grip and reducing the amount of time I spend playing. And it's looking like I'll have to quit trying to learn how to play rolls.

The tinnitus is another issue, but that's slowly coming under control...(protect your ears, folks).

Is it tendonitis? (I hope you don't mind my asking).

Tom.
Hi Tom, it's tendinitis. :wink:
The latin term is tendo, tendinis, the latter being the genitiv, from which all other endings are derived from (like tendinitis in english).
The ending -itis means 'inflammation' in the medical terminology.
best, Amar.