Maybe Not So Controversial Musician Stops Making Music?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Maybe Not So Controversial Musician Stops Making Music?

Post by KDMARTINKY »

I have heard through the grapevine that a musician not know for his/her spelling on the forum and who was very controversial on the forum and who frequently sold high quality low whistles for a discounted price has quit the music business to pursue other options.

Thier website is down and the CD which was suppose to be released in Aug/05 is no where to be found.

Could this be factual or confirmed?
Last edited by KDMARTINKY on Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
LimuHead
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Okay, I'll bite:

Huh?

I can't figure out who you're talking about......
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

KDMARTINKY, your Schadenfreude knows no bounds.

LimuHead, don't worry about it. If you don't know who Keith is trying
not to directly talk about, then you don't wanna know. I believe he
promised the party in question that he would be this obtuse.
Be like the Palm Tree, and go with the flow.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

This is 100% correct except for the following:

I do not have any CDs coming out
I do not have a webstie
And I have not quit the music business
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

I actually like this persons music and have been trying to locate the newest CD,if it was released. Keep in mind

You don't need to necessarily like the person to like their music.

I have to run you all in circles regarding this subject only because everytime I mention the artists name she or he gets abrupt about it.

Shame it has to be that way.
Keith

ShadowBG625
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

I think I know who you are talking about...:poke:
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I KNOW who it is and that persons mentor has the same last initial and a similar reputation on this forum.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

A man I admired, looked up to, and loved deeply passed from this life last Friday. He was my Grandfather. I was a very fortunate person to have been his grandson. If I can be half the man he was I will be greatful.

In processing this loss, I must have listened to "the parting" about 25 times over which appears on this musicians first CD. Its an amazing song and for this comfort I say thanks so much to this musician.

It brought me much comfort and I will always be reminded of my grandfather each time this tune is played.
Keith

fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

KDMARTINKY wrote:I actually like this persons music and have been trying to locate the newest CD,if it was released. Keep in mind
You don't need to necessarily like the person to like their music.
My apologies, then, for misunderestimating your motives.
And I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I, too, like that tune on his CD. I asked him about some of the tracks on the CD. He sent me a lengthy explanation of the inspiration behind some of his music. It was very interesting and helped me understand him a little better. Unfortunately many people don't take time to find out where a person is coming from. They just jump on someone and give him a hard time. I think it is a shame if he gives up playing. His playing was very nice.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

It wasn't TStC's playing that got everyone riled up - it was his repeated abrasive responses when he would post. Mush as DS (or his lawyers or mother or whoever it was) replied when asked honest questions.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Lots of nice folks come across as very abrasive or even just rude in email or on forums.

There are many fine folks who are wonderful people, but shouldn't be let near a computer keyboard without a keeper and a large glass of whiskey.

Unfortunately, I am one of those. 8)

--James
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Brian Lee wrote:It wasn't TStC's playing that got everyone riled up - it was his repeated abrasive responses when he would post. Mush as DS (or his lawyers or mother or whoever it was) replied when asked honest questions.
I don't think anyone mentioned his music being controversial...
(Although, when I first read the topic's title, I thought, "Eminem quit?")

And James, I think your keeper's been doing a pretty good job lately.
Let him have a shot of that Drambuie, too.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Well his music was on the New Age side, I did buy a Whistle from him once and the transaction went smoothly and he even sent his CD with it for free I love the Whsitle but I don't really like the style of the music just isn't my thing. He seemed like a decent guy I guess he just got tired of being bashed every time he came here. I can tell you this Keith that I tried to access his website a long time ago and it did not work so that is nothing new.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

I'd have to agree. Although I don't listen to New Age Music, I wouldn't consider any of his music being "controversial". He is a talented musician.
I made a few whistles for him.
I think he had problems with his email system, I remember not hearing from him for a long time and then all of a sudden I got this nasty letter from him about ignoring his emails. I didn't ignore anything, I didn't receive anything from him. I wrote back but never received a response.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D