FS: Tully D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Tully D

Post by brewerpaul »

Hello all-- I have a beautiful Tully D in sterling silver for sale. I'm not sure what model it corresponds to today: when I got it I think Erik only made one model. This is #204. I'd say it's a quiet to medium loud whistle and is in mint condition.
I love this whistle but I simply don't have time to play it enough to warrant keeping it. It really deserves to be played more. Erik's website currently does not list prices, but I'll charge whatever his last price was for a D whistle, plus $5 for shipping within the US (overseas, whatever it ends up costing). If you don't want to wait two years to get on the Tully list, this is your chance. Please contact me by e-mail : Paul@busmanwhistles.com
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Erik's last prices were $150...
If you're interested in a Tully, snap this up! You probably won't get one from Erik for 3-4 years. :boggle:
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

SOLD-- I got a phone call from a board member minutes after I posted the whistle for sale.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
slowair

Post by slowair »

I don't know if it was the wasp I saved the other day, feeding a stray cat, holding the elevator for an old woman, or the weekly calls to mom, but I must have done something good because I managed to be the first person to contact Paul about the Tully.
Living close by I was able to drive over and pick it up this afternoon. It is the most beautiful piece of art. Plays nice too.
Now I don't have to fret over a two year wait.
WhaHOOOO!!!!!
Last edited by slowair on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

I have one of these too and they are beautiful - sleek sterling silver with black delrin, moderate volume, a bit of chiff. I don't play mine much either, but every time I think about selling it, I take it out, look at it, play it, and there's just no way (so far).

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

NNNOOOOOOO!!!! Why does all the good stuff get gone while I'm at school?
Cheers!
~Andrew~

"As imperfect as we are, we each hold the world in our hands"
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Carambas Paul. I'd have thought you'd have emailed me personally on something like this as a professional doctor-to-doctor courtesy. I looked at a cow's foot today and everything!

In the future please remember we podiatry types need to stick together. Sheesh.

:lol:
Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

I have the Tully Soliloquy #142. I don't know what the price was then except the three or four Hoovers I traded for it. I got the best end of the trade by far!

Mac!<
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

talimirr743 wrote:NNNOOOOOOO!!!! Why does all the good stuff get gone while I'm at school?
I know what that is like.
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

The only bad side of being a "night owl" ... missing wonderful bargains like a Tully. WAHHHHHHH! :sniffle:

slowair ... do you give "dibs", and, if so, may I have "firsties", please? :puppyeyes:

Judy
slowair

Post by slowair »

jkrazy52 wrote:The only bad side of being a "night owl" ... missing wonderful bargains like a Tully. WAHHHHHHH! :sniffle:

slowair ... do you give "dibs", and, if so, may I have "firsties", please? :puppyeyes:

Judy
Sure Judy, you can have firsties. Check the local paper for my death notice, hopefully in about 40 or fifity years, then be the first to grab it out of my casket. :D

Seriously, you'll have a much better chance of getting a new Tully, so get on that suspended list.

And it never hurts to ask around if you can't wait. This is the second Tully in the last few months to go up for sale. You just never know.

Good luck.
Mike
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Judy,
I think I just came up with a price for mine!

It's not blackmail or extortion either. Just six figures.

Mack
Last edited by Mack.Hoover on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

slowair wrote:I don't know if it was the wasp I saved the other day, feeding a stray cat, holding the elevator for an old woman, or the weekly calls to mom, but I must have done something good because I managed to be the first person to contact Paul about the Tully.
Living close by I was able to drive over and pick it up this afternoon. It is the most beautiful piece of art. Plays nice too.
Now I don't have to fret over a two year wait.
WhaHOOOO!!!!!
Well Mike how does it sound? Tell us all about it.
slowair

Post by slowair »

Tommy wrote:
Well Mike how does it sound? Tell us all about it.
Hi Tommy,

I have been in touch with Erik, the whistle's maker and as it turns out, this is not a Session as I had originally thought. It is the second version of Soliloquy. I am waiting to see if I can forward his email explaining the difference in versions so that Wanderer can have the information and edit his review if he wants.

First of all, the viewer is amazed by the sheer beauty of the whistle. It is truly a work of art by a very skilled craftsperson. And I am one of a minority who think of Sterling Silver as a precious metal. I absolutely love silver.

So as a work of art made of silver, it could sit on the shelve and look pretty for me to be completely happy. However, this whistle does play well.

I took it to our little seisiun last night and it was terrific. Being a Soliloquy it was not over bearing, but it was heard with the accordion, guitar and mandolin. Not over them, with them.

I have preferred a whistle without chiff. A pure tone. The Tully does have chiff. Not a lot, but it's there. I will ask Erik if that can be reduced, but it's certainly not a deal breaker. Otherwise I wouldn't have confirmed my order for a Session D and added a C as well. It actually sounded kinda nice. Imagine. Live and learn.

If the Session produces the volume I'm looking for, you will see a nice sale. But not my Dixon's. I remain Tony's number one fan and nothing beats his whistles for vocal accompaniment and ease of play.

There ya go. A little review. This is one whistle worth the wait and the effort to hunt one down.

So if anyone has a Session D they would part with, please let me know.

Mike
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

slowair wrote:
jkrazy52 wrote:The only bad side of being a "night owl" ... missing wonderful bargains like a Tully. WAHHHHHHH! :sniffle:

Judy
Sure Judy, you can have firsties. Check the local paper for my death notice, hopefully in about 40 or fifity years, then be the first to grab it out of my casket. :D

Seriously, you'll have a much better chance of getting a new Tully, so get on that suspended list.

And it never hurts to ask around if you can't wait. This is the second Tully in the last few months to go up for sale. You just never know.

Good luck.
Mike
:D :D

Actually, I'm already on the suspended list. If life had continued 'as normal' for Erik and his family, I would be getting a Soliloquy in about a year. Like you, I love the fact the whistle is sterling silver.

Oh well! Someday!

Judy