World Series Dissapointment

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Celtic983
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

World Series Dissapointment

Post by Celtic983 »

First, let me say congratulation to the World Series Champions....The Chicago White Soxs..... and their fans. For the first time in many years, each of the World Series games were a nail biter to the end. The last game of the season was no exception.

Next, let me say thank you to the Classiest team in baseball. The Astros were written off early in the year. Many may remember the article in the Houston Chronicle with the tombstone saying the Stros were dead and buried. And yet we came back, and never looked back. They didn't do it conventionaly, or always very prettily. But always with style. And they won, and for the first time, Texas had a World Series.

So here is to the fans of the Stros on C & F. We can be so proud of our Killer Bee's. And we have so much to look forward to. Our club is a very young club. I was so impressed by the improvements of Chris Burke and Jason Lane. They are going to be real gems in our lineup next year. There is so much potential for our team. A real reason to keep our chins up and look to next year

So Congrats to the Sox.
We will see you in next years World Series

GO ASTROS

Matt
I then came home, and went whistling all over the house, much pleased with my whistle, but disturbing all the family.

Benjamin Franklin
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Curse those dissapointments. They're so... dissapointing.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Go Cubs
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

There was a really funny commentary on All Things Considered yesterday by the guy whose name I can never remember. He's a Cubs fan, but, after the White Sox's three Series victories, reluctantly jumped on the bandwagon. He had some rather explicit descriptions about Cubs' fans opinions of the White Sox. The Cubs are on the north side, which is more gentry, while the White Sox are from south side, which is more working class. He said things like "The White Sox are the NASCAR of the major leagues," and "Cubs fans eat, drink, and hate the White Sox." It sounded as though that animosity is almost as deep as that between Red Sox and Yankees fans.

Watching those four games, it really seemed to me that the White Sox just plain wanted it more than the Astros. They definitely earned it.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Flying Cement

Post by Flying Cement »

Phillies in 06!
It doesn't mean that much to me
To mean that much to you
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thank you Matt, you said it all very well. I was at loss for words, but I would like to add that Houston puts on the best opening show.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Houston did a great job this year, and I was very proud of them, even though I'm not a fan of theirs per se. It would have been great to see them win, but to even come as far as they did was awesome.

As for next year, I have only this to say:

:D
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote:Houston did a great job this year, and I was very proud of them, even though I'm not a fan of theirs per se. It would have been great to see them win, but to even come as far as they did was awesome.

As for next year, I have only this to say:

:D
Boston's had it's 15 minutes. The Tigers are about due.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

The animosity DEFINITELY goes both ways when you're talking Cubs vs. White Sox. I regularly listen to Chicago talk radio, and for the last couple of weeks, that has been all the talk - how the Cubs fans hate the White Sox fans, how the White Sox fans hate the Cubs fans, how the Cubs fans are really nice but White Sox fans are jerks, how the White Sox fans are really nice but Cubs fans are jerks, etc, etc, etc.

There are many Cubs fans (including myself) who are very happy for the Sox. But there are also, unfortunately, many others who are very upset that the Sox won because they just can't stand them. The Cubs fans say it stems from '03, when the Cubs blew it big time, and the Sox fans they knew were all very mean to them (according to the Cubs fans). But of course the Sox fans come back and say they were only mean because the Cubs fans are so arrogant, and it goes on, and on, and on....

The Sox definitely have been the second team in Chicago baseball for a long time. Maybe now they will get a little more respect.

With that said,

GO CUBS!
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Come on guys the Braves haven't won in 10 years. Even though I live in Jersey I used to live in the burbs of Atlanta, the Braves will be my team not the Yankees.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

The American League rules. The five best teams in baseball are the Yankees, the White Sox, the Red Sox, the Angels and the Indians. The Cardinals are the only team who belongs with them,
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Orioles, Orioles.

Go Cubs
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)