Whistle tours? Let the tours begin!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Hi Paul,, I have participated in quite a few tours and most of them worked this way:

First you make the list of "tourists" Then send it to the first person on the list. This person keeps the whistle 2 or 3 weeks depending on the number of participants. Then the person with the whistle PM's or Emails the next person on the list for their "current" address. The whistle is then shipped to the person next in line and Insures it for the cost of the whistle in case of damage or loss, Each participant pays for the shipping and insurance to the next person.

You can put a list of the people and their addresses in with the whistle, but in one case, the person I was suppose to ship a whistle to moved and if I had not read in a post that they had moved, It would have went to a wrong address.

Stacey has hosted alot of "Alba" tours and if you have any questions, I am sure that she would answer them for you.

Please include me in the tour if there is room, I would love to try out one of your whistles.

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I would like to be on the Buseman whistle tour also. :)
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

Paul ... I guess you've found out that there is a lot of interest in a Busman tour. :D

If space allows, I'd like to be included, too. Let us know .... please!!

Judy
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

I'd like to be on the tour, too, especially with a delrin whistle. There's a bit of ocean between me and most anybody else (except one), but USPS priority usually gets things back and forth in reasonable time.

A high D would probably be standard for this, but I personally would like to see the D+ delrin if a large majority of others are also interested. That would let us see what a Busman delrin whistle is like and how the D+ plays. But I might be out of step with what most would like, so I won't push this if there is not an overwhelming clamor for it.
Keith
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

khl wrote:A high D would probably be standard for this, but I personally would like to see the D+ delrin if a large majority of others are also interested. That would let us see what a Busman delrin whistle is like and how the D+ plays. But I might be out of step with what most would like, so I won't push this if there is not an overwhelming clamor for it.
Nice suggestion, Keith. Any Busman would be nice, but to be able to check out the D+ would be great!

Judy
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

PhilO wrote:Let's see, Paul, am I automatically excluded because I already have a Busman delrin whistle? Hope not.

Philo
Phil-- you can certainly be included, but I'm not sure trying another delrin would tell you anything you don't already know.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
jmccain

Post by jmccain »

I'd like to participate also. And, I'm with Keith about the D+.

Best, John
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

brewerpaul wrote:
PhilO wrote:Let's see, Paul, am I automatically excluded because I already have a Busman delrin whistle? Hope not.

Philo
Phil-- you can certainly be included, but I'm not sure trying another delrin would tell you anything you don't already know.
Oh alright; I'll back off and let someone else take part.... :( But the green one is definitely the best...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Kansas

Post by Kansas »

khl wrote:I'd like to be on the tour, too, especially with a delrin whistle. There's a bit of ocean between me and most anybody else (except one), but USPS priority usually gets things back and forth in reasonable time.
Keith - when I mailed the Susato Low D to you from Kansas I was surprised how reasonable it was for 3 day delivery - and I think it actually made it during that time. When I sent it I found out you can send an "any weight" priority for $7.00 anywhere US. You just have to fit it in the box they have which is way oversized for a high D or D+. And they give you the box for free. Your package even with overwrapping etc came to just about $5.00 - a paltry sum to experience a whistle for free.

Paul - for what it's worth I've had some good luck putting your wooden Busmans in oversized PVC pipe with screw in ends and foam in the ends. Each is wrapped in an O'Brien bag to cushion the body from any rattling.

It would sure protect a Delrin from a mis step by one of our fine Postal folks. I'd even volunteer to make it up and send it to you if you'd want. All we'd have to come up with is a wrap for the bodies.
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

If space allows, I'd love to be included. You might also consider splitting the list (if it's as large as I think it is) and sending out two whistles. That way no one signs up for the tour and winds up getting to try the whistle by December 2006. :lol:

Best,

LJ
mikk

Post by mikk »

If the tour gets over to the UK - I would be very intersted in trying either the D or D+ Brilliant Idea!!
I can expect the situation to improve not worsen !!
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Let me say that a Busman Delrin I got some months back is one of my favorite whistles to play. Anyone who gets on the tour is in for a treat.

To answer Paul's question: I have a Low D on tour to anyone interested in "trying before committing to the low D experience". It was an extra I had and I hate owning a whistle that doesnt get appreciated. It has been out for about 4-5 months, occasionally coming to me, but I will PM someone who has expressed an interest in Low Ds, and right now I havent seen it for 2 months or so (it seems) but the people who have had it kept it touch as to where and when it was sent. Its been to Wales, then VA, and now is in good hands somewhere in AZ.
My caveats are simple: I want an address in case I need to go somewhere and kick butt, and dont use the whistle as a back-scratcher. Otherwise take care of it and when the user is ready to pass it on, the user pays for shipping to the next person.
The people dont know me from Adam and vice-versa but have been great and upfront to deal with. After all, they are C&F'ers.
Because I am not in the business I will offer comparisons of the loaner whistle to other makes that I am familiar with, primarily to say that the importance is for the whistler to find the one whistle that lets them express themselves best.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Paul, I would have say I'd love to join in on the tour, especially since it's a difficult decision to jump into a serious whistle in that price range without any up close experience with them. Realistically though, I have to decline, as it seems with the lengthy list in front of me, would take the tour halfway into the next year . . . but by that time, who knows, maybe I'll be ready for a Busman???
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

Getting the feeling that I'll just buy one. Poverty ain't so bad if you've got a good whistle and know how to play with yourself.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

OK-- looks like I'll be making two Delrin D+ whistles and sending them on separate tours on each side of the Atlantic. Bertie in Holland has offered to keep track of the Euro tour, and I'll copy down each name of those here in the US and Canada. I'll stick that list of names in with the whistle, and each person can see who to send it to next-- you can PM the next person on the list to get their snail mail address. I think I'll lump all the US people together and all the Canadians to keep the whistle from having to hop back and forth over customs too many times. I'll also bump this thread back up when the whistles are ready to go out.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!