colin goldie

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brendan ring
antispam: No

Post by brendan ring »

Just received a low C from Colin. Absolutely amazing, stunning!!
Goldie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Goldie »

Thanks and Enjoy!

:grin:
:oops:

Colin
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Pretty awesome, eh Brendan? :smile: I've got a couple of those babies and they are the bee's knees!

Now, when are you planning to record your next CD so we can hear you playing that new Low C?

For those of you who haven't heard it, Brendan's "Troublesome Things" CD features some amazing Low Whistle playing (along with the UPs), you really ought to hunt it down and check it out.

Brendan, I love that cover art man - You ought to post a copy of that in the "Musical Beggars" thread :lol:

Loren
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Hey Loren, funny you should mention that; I was just sitting here sort of hoping you'd put in your two cents worth on that one. I'd be interested to hear your take; I'm sure it wouldn't be boring. :smile:

Anyway, congratulations on a great new whistle. Sometimes you guys almost make me want to sell an internal organ and get one of those fancy jobs. I just can't stand the thought of relegating my trusty Clarke D to the Desk Drawer of Doom.

Tom
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

hey Colin! how is life treating you!
cheers,
dave
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Tom,

You're asking about the Troublesome Things CD?

Loren
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Loren,
No, I meant the "Musical Beggar" thread.
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Ah ha! Now your post makes sense to me - I'm feeling a little obtuse for having missed your meaning.

I read the first couple of posts to that thread, then didn't look at it again until yesterday. Once I saw where it had gone I thought about posting, but decided I'd rather spend the time practicing on the Olwell or a whistle. I've reached the point where these debates seem pointless to me, a waste of time - people's opinions rarely change as a result of these discussions (on this forum), no matter who has the greater experience or more accurate facts, so why bother?

One thing my years on this message board have helped me to understand (at long last) is that there are times and places where people are receptive to considering other viewpoints, and the polar opposite is also true. So, while I might assert some gravitational pull on a person's consideration of a particular whistle or CD on this forum, it's unlikely that I'll put the slightest wobble in the orbit of anyone's thinking (here) regarding issues like Religion or Social Economics, know what I mean? Better to spend the time and energy on (much needed) practice, and save my opinions for a forum where they would be heard with open ears and given due consideration.

Loren

(Edited to correct a grammatical error)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Loren on 2002-07-11 10:31 ]</font>
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2002-07-11 10:26, Loren wrote:
... Better to spend the time and energy on (much needed) practice, and save my opinions for a forum where they would be heard with open ears and given due consideration.
Heeheehee. At least you are under no delusion as to how much consideration I give your posts, Loren.... :grin:

Happy practicing! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloomfield on 2002-07-11 10:44 ]</font>
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

You however, Bloomfield, are aparently still suffering the delusion that I care what you think :lol:

Loren
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Touché! :grin:
/Bloomfield
brendan ring

Post by brendan ring »

To return to the original low C theme, as this is my current obsession, I am now the proud owner of two low C's from Colin. I just couldn't choose between them so I kept both! They are completely different instruments. One is made from bigger tubing than the low D and is really deep and sonorous, the other is made of the same tubing as the low D and is better for playing fast music, it has some amazing harmonics in the top octave. These aren't just whistles, there's something more in them, fair play to Colin!
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Dave,
life is good at the moment, lots to do as always and the sun is out for a change. Still playing your little brass beauty here :smile:

Loren,
good to hear that you are practising more, the Olwell looks splendid, if you ever get bored of it, there is plenty of keys you might be interested in ...... :wink:

Brendan,
glad to hear you like the Cs, difficult choice, eh?
Quote: "These aren't just whistles, there's something more in them,"
You're not trying to say they have soul, are you? :lol: I find each have their own characters and voices....

Colin

edited to typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goldie on 2002-07-12 06:35 ]</font>