Memphis Upchucks = $

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

vomitbunny wrote:Dale I've taken old monitors and literally washed them out with a hose befor and left them in a hot place to dry for a few days. (garage). Just make sure they are totally dry befor plugging them back in.
I'm wondering about that. When I looked at it without the cover, there's no obvious foreign matter. So, I'm wondering if there's a chance it'll work after a few days of drying.

Dale
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

vomitbunny wrote:Dale I've taken old monitors and literally washed them out with a hose befor and left them in a hot place to dry for a few days. (garage). Just make sure they are totally dry befor plugging them back in.
Overall, you should be very wary of opening up a CRT monitor at all. They have very large capacitors that will hold a charge for several years, and will not hesitate to kill you if you mess with them (whether it's plugged in or not).
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Jack

Post by Jack »

Congratulations wrote:
Overall, you should be very wary of opening up a CRT monitor at all. They have very large capacitors that will hold a charge for several years, and will not hesitate to kill you if you mess with them (whether it's plugged in or not).
I am vaguely reminded of a story in the news, a few years ago, of somebody's family pet* that got inside of an old, opened, unplugged monitor and was eletrocuted to death.

*I'm thinking it was a cat, but it might have been a dog--I can't remember. I do know it wasn't an elephant or a giraffe, though...
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Even if your monitor recovers, when it warms up the smell will convince you to get a new one. Perhaps you could get a dog at the same time, they don't lounge on monitors and they chase cats.
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
missy

Post by missy »

perrins57 wrote: Perhaps you could get a dog at the same time, they don't lounge on monitors and they chase cats.
yeah - but they tend to puke behind the couch or something, so you don't find it until a week or more later..............

I've gotten real good when I hear "that sound" from the dogs at rushing to the door yelling "getoutside,getoutside,getoutside........"
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
BigDavy

Montor

Post by BigDavy »

Dale

Don't restrict youself to 17" TFT monitors, the difference in price between a 17" and 19" is not great but the comfort factor in using it is.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

It could be worse. A had a friend who was a dog person. His wife wanted a cat. They got a cute little black and grey tiger cat and named her Sophie. My bud had a beard. He woke up one night with a warm trickle in his beard. He wasn't drooling, and Sophie was crouching on his face. They kept Sophie, although the marriage didn't last another year.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:I like that special little noise they make right before they puke. They crouch there, hunched over, making that ghastly erooooo sound . . .
Yeah, and then they start in with this wheezing "hhehhhh...hhehhhh..." which then gives way to the classic "a-huck, a-huck" just as the whole production comes to its dénouement. Then they look embarrassed.

Why do they generally make a point of puking on something that isn't just plain floor? To punctuate to the drama.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Since the term "upchuck" isn't used on this side of the atlantic, I thought at first that this would be a thread about some blues band.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

So how does cat puke compare with human puke? Any diced carrots in there?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Cynth wrote:Your poor kitty. I hope she's okay! Have you seen these heating pads for cats? They are always plugged in but they just warm up when the cat is lying on it. It is about $27.00. Ours has lasted a number of years now and our cats just love it. Maybe your cat would like it better than the computer, although I guess if you're getting a different monitor....
I didn't price hunt or anything, this is just what it looks like. The cover is removeable and washable, the heating thing is inside.
Imagehttp://futurepet.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.e ... UM=LEC3092
Oh, I'm sorry about your monitor.
Does it have a 'simmer' setting?

That wasn't nice.

I love cats.

Really.

We have 4.

I also love cat jokes.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

jbarter wrote:So how does cat puke compare with human puke? Any diced carrots in there?
It's cylindrical, and usually composed of hair and mushed-up catfood.
If it's been < an hour since eating, it looks like someone just rolled the
dry food into a snake. Grossed out, yet?

My wife and I were in St. Paul's Cathedral in London, listening to a
tour guide. There were speakers on a nearby column, and someone
must have been testing the system, because they made a faint "huck"
sound. My wife and I both instinctively looked around for the puking
cat.
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

chas wrote:It could be worse. A had a friend who was a dog person.
Dog person!! Like this..Image
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?