Humbly submitted

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

anniemcu wrote:I'll share some of my coral pad
Really? Do you keep coral? Got any pics? I'd love to set up a reef tank, but my current environs aren't capable of supporting it. Maybe when I win the lottery .....

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Wombat
antispam: No

Re: Humbly submitted

Post by Wombat »

cskinner wrote: (3) Texts for the Sake of Texts
Crowley divides texts into the poststructural kind and the current-traditional variety. Her version of poststructural defines texts that exist just because they do…Texts are produced in and of themselves, for themselves, and for the sake of other texts…and exist just because they do, just to be happy with other texts.-- Martine Courant Rife (MSU)
Being one who rather likes synthesising the manifold of inner intuition, if you'll allow me to be a little old-fashioned for a moment, I see in this quote a clear solution to the smoking jacket conundrum. Now I don't go in for vulgar compromise I'll have you know; my solution is I hope elegant in its simplicity and within the financial means of C&F to implement.

Let's give Carol a dust jacket.
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Congratulations, Carol. I snuck into the 1k lounge through the back door a week or so ago. I'm still semi-lurking behind the sofa.
Mike
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

djm wrote:
anniemcu wrote:I'll share some of my coral pad
Really? Do you keep coral? Got any pics? I'd love to set up a reef tank, but my current environs aren't capable of supporting it. Maybe when I win the lottery .....

djm
Alas, only in my imagination. I was speaking from the standpoint of the loverly group photo montage.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
carrie

Post by carrie »

Wombat wrote: Let's give Carol a dust jacket.
Now that's the kind of old-fashioned synthesized manifold of inner intuition I would expect from my distinguished committee member Wombat. Brilliant, and highly poststructural!
burnsbyrne wrote:Congratulations, Carol. I snuck into the 1k lounge through the back door a week or so ago. I'm still semi-lurking behind the sofa.
Mike
Now that brings up a good point. Where exactly is everyone else's thesis?? Surely I didn't misunderstand the requirements?

But while this is being looked into, come on out from behind the sofa, Mike, and welcome! I'd love to bend your ear a little on my research!

And Mark--yes. Not only were there no tassels, there were no fishnet stockings, no spikey high heels, no police "uniforms"--just that jacket!

Carol
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

cskinner wrote:Now that brings up a good point. Where exactly is everyone else's thesis??

Carol
I submitted mine when I became a Stonecutter, and since then my Son-of-a-Stonecutter ID card has provided me access to a number of lounges without submitting a thesis :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Carol wrote;
Where exactly is everyone else's thesis??
Ah good question. My thesis is a visual thesis, see those paintings on black velvet hanging on the walls of the lounge, similar to this

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
emmline

Post by emmline »

My thesis primarily tackles the concept of poststructuralism, and, as such, is rather hard to pin down although I believe that several chiffers caught a shadowy glimpse of it slipping between the cracks of the whistle/pub divestiture.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Tyler Morris wrote:I submitted mine when I became a Stonecutter, and since then my Son-of-a-Stonecutter ID card has provided me access to a number of lounges without submitting a thesis :D
So YOU made Steve Gutenberg a star?!?!!!?
Grrrrrr....
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Thesis?...Thesis??...We don't need no steenkin' thesis!
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

cskinner wrote: Where exactly is everyone else's thesis??
I've got about 700 posts to go, but I'd better get started on the research ASAP. I can't just make this one up, like I did with my senior research project, "The Kellogg-Briand Pact -- A Documentary History of Its Impact on Cereal Consumption in Post-War America."
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
carrie

Post by carrie »

burnsbyrne wrote:Thesis?...Thesis??...We don't need no steenkin' thesis!
Now you tell me!
gonzo914 wrote: I can't just make this one up, like I did with my senior research project, "The Kellogg-Briand Pact -- A Documentary History of Its Impact on Cereal Consumption in Post-War America."
Ah yes. I confess I took a few liberties in my own senior research project, "Fort Ticonderoga: #2 Pencils in the French and Indian War," but you're right: there's no place for that kind of scholarship here.

Carol
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

A competent piece of scholarship, marred only by the absence of repeated reference to the concept of discourse. Magna cum laude.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar