Cranberry in 7000 club

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cranberry wrote:
Denny wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Man, Cranberry passed me up. Damn. :wink:
You, sir, have been Cranned... :o
What I have never ever understood is why people say I'm marvelous or awful (depending on the viewpoint) for posting thousands of times since joining, but Nanohedron joined only weeks before I did and has always had about the same number of posts, yet he doesn't get the same "notice" that I do.
Believe me, I've gotten subtle hints about the count thing. Oh, well.

Strange. I don't feel any different.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Nanohedron wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Denny wrote: You, sir, have been Cranned... :o
What I have never ever understood is why people say I'm marvelous or awful (depending on the viewpoint) for posting thousands of times since joining, but Nanohedron joined only weeks before I did and has always had about the same number of posts, yet he doesn't get the same "notice" that I do.

I would say "that's good," but really--it isn't. :oops:

But it's kind of obvious that you're like me and completely ignore those hints. :D
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cranberry wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
Cranberry wrote: What I have never ever understood is why people say I'm marvelous or awful (depending on the viewpoint) for posting thousands of times since joining, but Nanohedron joined only weeks before I did and has always had about the same number of posts, yet he doesn't get the same "notice" that I do.

I would say "that's good," but really--it isn't. :oops:

But it's kind of obvious that you're like me and completely ignore those hints. :D
Well, yeah. To draw on the reference to Rife that our beacon, Carol, quoted in her masterful 1K thesis, I'm just a little serial text happy to be with other texts.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

See? It's because Nano is so self-decentered. Think nothing of it. Congrats, Cran! :party:
Jack

Post by Jack »

scottielvr wrote:See? It's because Nano is so self-decentered. Think nothing of it. Congrats, Cran! :party:
Is this to imply that I am self-centered?!? :o

I've never heard such a preposterous thing in my life!!! ;)
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

We love Cran 'cause he's smart...and sensitive. :wink:

[edited 'cause I didn't see his smiley]
Last edited by scottielvr on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Cran, you are a delight and like many, many others here I think the world of you and wish you all the best!

Carol
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cranberry wrote:
Denny wrote:
Aw, Cran...

I think that you're awfully marvelous!

:wink:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Wow! Cran's in the 700 Club! Pat Robertson must be so proud.

Err... did I read that right? :)
Reasonable person
Walden
Jack

Post by Jack »

Walden wrote:Wow! Cran's in the 700 Club! Pat Robertson must be so proud.

Err... did I read that right? :)
I don't have enough money to be in that club!!!

(And that's actually not a joke, I really don't! :P LOL!)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Top of the World Ma!

Nice one Cranny.

Slan,
D. :D
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cranberry wrote:
Denny wrote:
That's because Nano is much older and his years of experience have given him a patina. (Look that up if you don't know what it is. I'll give you a hint, though . . . it's kind of like a nice word for "tarnish.") He just blends in with the background.

You, being younger and full of yourself, don't blend in so well. Everyone notices you right off. You stick out like a sore thumb, so to speak.
Last edited by Lambchop on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lambchop wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Denny wrote: You, sir, have been Cranned... :o
That's because Nano is much older and his years of experience have given him a patina. (Look that up if you don't know what it is. I'll give you a hint, though . . . it's kind of like a nice word for "tarnish.") He just blends in with the background.

You, being younger and full of yourself, don't blend in so well. Everyone notices you right off. You stick out like a sore thumb, so to speak.
Thanks so much for the kind words. Woof!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cranberry wrote:
Lambchop wrote:That's because Nano is much older and his years of experience have given him a patina. (Look that up if you don't know what it is. I'll give you a hint, though . . . it's kind of like a nice word for "tarnish.") He just blends in with the background.

Sorry, you didn't get me with that. I get woofed at all the time. I'm immune to woofing. Men in trucks, men on foot, all sorts of men. Woof, woof, woof! And if they're not woofing, they just walk right up and tell me what a dog I am. I heard so much woofing in high school and college that I will be immune to it for ten lifetimes.

So there. Pbfffft! Woof all you want.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lambchop wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Lambchop wrote:That's because Nano is much older and his years of experience have given him a patina. (Look that up if you don't know what it is. I'll give you a hint, though . . . it's kind of like a nice word for "tarnish.") He just blends in with the background.

Sorry, you didn't get me with that. I get woofed at all the time. I'm immune to woofing. Men in trucks, men on foot, all sorts of men. Woof, woof, woof! And if they're not woofing, they just walk right up and tell me what a dog I am. I heard so much woofing in high school and college that I will be immune to it for ten lifetimes.

So there. Pbfffft! Woof all you want.
Meow!?! ;)