Uke! (aka let the flaming begin!)

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
AiglosCelt
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Man this is a hell of a hoop to jump through, I can't believe I have to actually type 100 characters in this box in order to edit my profile. What a world, dude.

Uke! (aka let the flaming begin!)

Post by AiglosCelt »

Yeah, so I play around with a uke...not even a tenor uke, just a plain ol' uke...please don't kill me.
Darwin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Darwin »

I think Gold Tone has a banjo uke. That would make it more trad looking, like a banjolin.

No...wait..they'd still hate you. :sniffle:

Oh well, good luck. :thumbsup:
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Re: Uke! (aka let the flaming begin!)

Post by Walden »

AiglosCelt wrote:Yeah, so I play around with a uke...not even a tenor uke, just a plain ol' uke...please don't kill me.
We're moderately uke-friendly. In fact, C&F even has a uke board.
Reasonable person
Walden
Denny

Post by Denny »

DaleWisely wrote:I did start a ukulele forum--we'll see how it goes.

http://www.chiffandfipple.com/ukulele/
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

I sent in a link to the uke board. It's to some great uke playing. here it is:

http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/439/music.php

I have a banjo uke but I hardly ever play it. I have used it for some novelty stuff such as the song The Old Ark's a'Moving.
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

I'm a professional uke/guitarist.

Yes, you can make good money playing (and singing) Hawaiian music on the ukulele. (Well, I can anyway!)

You ukers should check out Dale's Uke board.......

Aldon
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
emmline

Post by emmline »

I have played uke. Not these days though.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

AiglosCelt wrote:Yeah, so I play around with a uke...not even a tenor uke, just a plain ol' uke...please don't kill me.
Well, I hope you feel better now that you have gotten this off your chest! :lol: I don't think anyone comes down too hard on uke players around here.

Uh....if you find yourself doing things
like this with it, you might want to
keep that to yourself.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

Cynth wrote:
Well, I hope you feel better now that you have gotten this off your chest! :lol: I don't think anyone comes down too hard on uke players around here.

Uh....if you find yourself doing things
like this with it, you might want to
keep that to yourself.
Whats he doing?
Cheers!
~Andrew~

"As imperfect as we are, we each hold the world in our hands"
AiglosCelt
Tell us something.: Man this is a hell of a hoop to jump through, I can't believe I have to actually type 100 characters in this box in order to edit my profile. What a world, dude.

Post by AiglosCelt »

Do you really want to know? I know I don't want to know. Consider this a warning: I know I don't want to know so don't let me know. If you're wondering if you should let me know, the answer is know...no...um... :boggle:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: You guys, if you click on the picture it will take you to a website. Once there, you need to click on a small picture with the words "Une heure d'entraînement 1989" under it. That will take you to a page which describes this art (of some conceptual kind I guess) project in French. When you go to that page you will hear the sounds of the art project.

I'm sorry for letting you know how to find out. I think if you listen to the sounds, you won't become addicted or anything!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

The uke is no different than any other instrument in that once it's taken out of it's context and some brilliant player begins experimenting with a multitude of genres then some great music can be made.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'd go to the Uke board but I need a new log in and I'm too rushed right now unfortunately.

I just got a Uke. A Bushman concert. My arm is very numb. I need to practice in doses until my squeezing strenght builds up.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

LimuHead wrote:I'm a professional uke/guitarist.

Yes, you can make good money playing (and singing) Hawaiian music on the ukulele. (Well, I can anyway!)

Aldon
So, how much do you have to make before you can consider yourself a pro? How much do you have to make before OTHERS call you a pro? :twisted:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

IDAwHOa wrote:
LimuHead wrote:I'm a professional uke/guitarist.

Aldon
So, how much do you have to make before you can consider yourself a pro? How much do you have to make before OTHERS call you a pro? :twisted:
And how good do you have to be?

Aldon *is* that good. But he's way, way, toward the upper end of the musical-talent bell curve. I suspect that given a little practice time he could make music worth listening to with just about any instrument you'd care to name.

But uke gives him the excuse to sing off-color lyrics in Hawaiian and make his wife blush :D