Look who I found!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Look who I found!

Post by Rod Sprague »

Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Eeeek! :boggle:

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Yikes!! :shock: (... fumbles around for my trusty can of Raid...)
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Everyone get your tinfoil hats!
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Will Deep Woods Deet work?

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Joseph E. Smith

MarkB wrote:Will Deep Woods Deet work?

MarkB
Nope. Only makes 'em more ticked off.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Anyone remember the Twilight Zone episode in which hillbilly music caused the hostile aliens to die? Perhaps these Crystals are sensitive to something...
Joseph E. Smith

emmline wrote:Anyone remember the Twilight Zone episode in which hillbilly music caused the hostile aliens to die? Perhaps these Crystals are sensitive to something...
... perhaps, the pipes? I got it! RECOR..................(signal lost)
djm

Post by djm »

emmline wrote:Anyone remember the Twilight Zone episode in which hillbilly music caused the hostile aliens to die?
Perhaps you are thinking of the movie "Mars Attacks" where hillbilly yodelling caused the aliens' oversized brains to explode? That won't work with Crystalline People, as they are not organically based. More likely a high pitched sine wave of an exact frequency might cause them to vibrate at a critical rate until they fracture. No-one to date has been able to discover this frequency before having their energy sucked completely out. Darn those Crystalline People! :swear:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Call me a nerd, but that "crystal people" space ship looks a lot like a Babylon 5 Shadow ship
emmline

Post by emmline »

djm wrote:
emmline wrote:Anyone remember the Twilight Zone episode in which hillbilly music caused the hostile aliens to die?
Perhaps you are thinking of the movie "Mars Attacks" where hillbilly yodelling caused the aliens' oversized brains to explode? That won't work with Crystalline People, as they are not organically based. More likely a high pitched sine wave of an exact frequency might cause them to vibrate at a critical rate until they fracture. No-one to date has been able to discover this frequency before having their energy sucked completely out. Darn those Crystalline People! :swear:

djm
You're right about Mars Attacks, but there was something similar on the Twilight Zone...I just can't quite remember what the killer noise was.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

emmline wrote:You're right about Mars Attacks, but there was something similar on the Twilight Zone...I just can't quite remember what the killer noise was.
It was a harmonica. Perhaps Steve Shaw can save us from the Crystal People...

From the Twilight Zone Episode Guide:
Hocus Pocus and Frisby

ORIGINALLY BROADCAST AS EPISODE 096
STARRING CAST: Andy Devine, Milton Selzer, Larry Breitman, Clem Bevans, Howard McNear, Dabbs Greer
WRITER: Rod Serling
DIRECTOR: Lamont Johnson
SUMMARY: Frisby, a general store owner who spins the biggest yarns west of the Rockies, gets a couple of odd customers one afternoon...who later summon him to their spaceship, prepared to take him back to their planet.
REVIEW: III

"Hocus Pocus and Frisby" is one of the more polished comedy episodes (perhaps second to "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up"?). Few of us will escape this life without meeting someone like Somerset Frisby, a crack-voiced marshmellow of a man who claims to have done everything there is to do upon this Earth, and knows everything there is to know. The martian rubber masks prepared by William Tuttle are a little demonic looking, considering that the race of aliens seems somewhat placid. Whether or not they are really necessary is debatable, since they have already established themselves as human-like entities and don't reveal their true complexions until Frisby punches the leader in the chops, very late in the storyline.

The chubby Devine (who twenty-five years earlier co-starred in "Stagecoach" with John Wayne) running around the spaceship blowing his harmonica at the aliens who die at the sound of it, is a hoot to behold.

This episode also features a guesting by character actor Howard McNear, who usually played Floyd the Barber on "The Andy Griffith Show". Cayuga Productions secured the actor on one of his weeks off of the classic sitcom.
I actually saw this episode just a couple of months ago. (Which is, in itself, rather like the "twilight zone", since it's the only episode I've watched in many years and now it shows up in a discussion here.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
emmline

Post by emmline »

That's it Slude, it was the one with Frisby the yarn-spinner, and the harmonica.
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

Wanderer wrote:Call me a nerd, but that "crystal people" space ship looks a lot like a Babylon 5 Shadow ship
I looked at the rest of the web site. The Crystal People seem to be based on the Tholians of Star Trek. Someone apparently co-opted Star Trek and other story lines when they came up with a game. I guess I’m a nerd, myself.

Captain Verp Tlethl #371845332, your friendly neighborhood anthropomorphic Grodean sehlat
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Wanderer wrote:Call me a nerd, but that "crystal people" space ship looks a lot like a Babylon 5 Shadow ship
Nerddom has it's advantages....

I always thought that the Crystal people might really be Tholians...

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown