Songbird low d.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Phil Hardy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Songbird low d.

Post by Phil Hardy »

Hi guys,sometime ago I sent Dale a Kerry Songbird Low D for apppriasal(sp)
As he has so many whistles I thought it would be nice to pass it on to a person who has no funds for this kind of thing.
So if you would like a Kerry Songbird Low D,please email me at phil@kerrywhistles.com
Phil.
Last edited by Phil Hardy on Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Oh, you have to be freaking kidding me.

Now here's the sum total of the background on this, as far as I know. Phil emails and offers to send me a Songbird Low D for evaluation. I get it, mention it favorably in the newsletter. Then about a week ago Phil emails and suggests I give it to some impoverished whistler. I emailed back and thanked him and suggested that maybe it would be a good prize in a future fundraiser. He writes back and says, no, he's prefer I give it to someone who doesn't have the money to buy a whistle or to participate in a fundraiser. Fine, I reply courteously, let me know who that person is and I'll send it. That's the last I heard.

Now this.

If you would like the free Songbird Low D, which I'll be happy to pass on to someone, you'll EMAIL PHIL HARDY and Phil can select the lucky recipient.

Here is Phil's email address: phil@kerrywhistles.demon.co.uk

That email address again: phil@kerrywhistles.demon.co.uk
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

What Dale fails to mention is that he has already sent the whistle to me. We had an ugly falling out recently, Dale (the ninny) and I, and just to spite me, he said he'd send the Kerry Songbird. It's still at the post office because I haven't brought myself to pick it up. I mean, I can take as good as I give, but that's a low blow, Dale.

So if you wnat a free Kreey Snogbird Lwo D, please email the U.S. Postal Service at rooseveltstation@uspostal.com .
/Bloomfield
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Bloomfield wrote:
So if you wnat a free Kreey Snogbird Lwo D, please email the U.S. Postal Service at rooseveltstation@uspostal.com .
Bloomfield,

I emailed the post office. They said since you hadn't picked the whistle up in a timely manner, they had given it to a needy postal patron named Helen Hunt. I was told, politely, if I wanted the whistle I should go to Helen Hunt for it.

They wouldn't give me her email address. Go figure.
Keith
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Phil has now edited his post to invite people to email HIM instead of me for the free Kerry Songbird.
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

khl wrote:I should go to Helen Hunt for it.
Subtle. Love it.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

NicoMoreno wrote:
khl wrote:I should go to Helen Hunt for it.
Subtle. Love it.

Shortly after her trip to the nether regions, she made appearances on various religious and right-wing talk shows. Here she is on Fox News, promoting her new book, Hellbuster.
Reasonable person
Walden
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

...Had an exhausting day with 140 14 year-olds...After reading this, I am rejuvenated...I love this place...

The best of weekends to all...

Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Walden wrote: Image
You think she's the one they gave the whistle to? Really? First of all, I don't think she's needy. Second, she seems nice enough, but I seriously doubt she plays the whistle.
Keith
Kansas

Post by Kansas »

Shortly after her trip to the nether regions, she made appearances on various religious and right-wing talk shows. Here she is on Fox News, promoting her new book, Hellbuster.
Nether regions ? Nether Regions? Did I miss her?

I thought I was in the nether regions...............
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle
Kansas

Post by Kansas »

Byll wrote:...Had an exhausting day with 140 14 year-olds...After reading this, I am rejuvenated...I love this place...

The best of weekends to all...

Byll
How do you do it Bill?

We in corporate America deal with many fewer than 140 Executives everyday that ACT like 14 Year olds. And we're all going - well you know.

I'm impressed you can still type with your fingers and everything........
I'd think you'd be a nervous wreck!

Hey - the King & I are still making great music together.
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle
ShadowBG625
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

khl wrote:...but I seriously doubt she plays the whistle.
Hey Dale...could Helen Hunt be the next person you add to the "people who, so far as we know, don’t play the whistle" column on C&F??? Senator Biden looks awfully lonely there.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

News just in is that Brittany Lance just withdrew a rhinestone-studded Kerry Pro she'd been playing with in public from eBay on the grounds that people might think that it was something which it manifestly was not. I think that this sort of honesty is to be applauded.
pencilpuss

Post by pencilpuss »

Last I heard was that Gollum was playing whistle. He (it) has a gig this weekend in Rivendale.
pencilpuss
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by the lone sea breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams...
Yet we are the movers and shakers,
Of the world forever, it seems.
Arthur O'Shaughnessy
ShadowBG625
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

via GaryKelly's avatar. :thumbsup: