Halloween Costume

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flying Cement

Halloween Costume

Post by Flying Cement »

I am going to a party at University of Penn, and I am just out of good ideas. Do any of you guys have a clever idea for a halloween costume?
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Costume

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Flying Cement

I'll bite and suggest the obvious for this site - the Pied Piper.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Jack

Post by Jack »

Wrap yourself up in aluminum foil and go as a baked potatoe.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Wear a little bit from several different constumes and go as indecision.
djm

Post by djm »

Tie a potato to a string, and then tie the string around your waist, so that the potato is suspended between your legs. When asked, declare yourself a dick-tater.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Go standing naked on a skate board and tell people that you are pull-toy!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Scott McCallister
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Scott McCallister »

Wrap yourself in sandwich wrap and then cover that in cooked instant oat-meal... go as a booger.

:lol: :lol: (I know a guy who used to do that.... eew)

One of my favorites and one that I used for many years...

Get a plastic witches cauldron about 8" across and 6-7" deep. You can find these in stores like Target for about 4 bucks. Make sure it fits on your head like a helmet with the handle looped under your chin. Get a bottle of white-out (or any other white paint) and paint the words "Pot Head" on the front so it's readable when it worn. Go have fun.

Some of the best I've seen:

A gal in a black body suit with alternating fluorescent orange and green yarn stitched in a tight linear pattern (very hard on the eyes) She was a hangover.

A couple who went at nudists in hand crocheted, stark white, neck-to-ankle body suits with all the anatomically correct bits done in pink.

The afore mentioned booger.

An entire fraternity who sprayed their hairs off to the left and stuck wires in their ties and coat jackets so they also stuck out 90 degrees to the left. Except one who did it to the right. They were all "walking in a high wind" I asked "What happened to you?" to the fellow who was all to the right. He said "Oh! I stand this way." and turned to face his buddies. The effect was striking.

But the Best by far..

A Guy with messed up hair, a shirt with broad yellow and purple stripes brown Bermuda shorts, brown shoes (untied) and socks, and a mass of brown crinoline like a big hoop skirt from his waist to the floor. I looked at him and didn't get it. He said "How 'bout now?" and did a little dance where he shrugged his shoulders and looked from side to side while slightly bouncing. Then it was obvious... he was "pigpen" complete with his own dust cloud from the Peanuts comics featuring Good ole Charlie Brown.
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

Flying Cement

Post by Flying Cement »

My friend was Quail Man last year. I thought that was pretty funny. I was kind of thinking of something similar. An old character from my youth or something.
It doesn't mean that much to me
To mean that much to you
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Here are some Hallowe'en costumes I've used over the years.

• The earliest I recall was when I was three, and went as a clown. My mother used some cheap makeup from a Ben Franklin store.

• Another year I wore a cheap plastic Bugs Bunny costume.

• One year I went as a three-headed monster, wearing a costume with a balloon head on either shoulder.

• Another year, I dressed as a 50's guy, with a t-shirt and jacket and Vaseline in my hair that like to never came out.

• The last year I trick-or-treated, I was 12, and I dressed as a vampire.
Reasonable person
Walden
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

For guys! (if its an emotion themed party).

Go naked except for your bits in a bowl of trifle! When asked what your supposed to be tell them "im f***ing this custard!" (disgusted).
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

The Halloween party in CHapel Hill, home of the University of North Carolina, is famous for the crowds it attracts - into the many thousands. I went years ago. The most memorable costume was actually two - some guys dressed up as King Arthur and Patsy from MP and the Holy Grail. The masterstroke was the coconuts.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Once, in college, I just wore a purple leotard w/purple tights, and cut some leaves out of green felt for a hat and earrings and went as an eggplant.
Denny

Post by Denny »

emmline wrote:Once, in college, I just wore a purple leotard w/purple tights, and cut some leaves out of green felt for a hat and earrings and went as an eggplant.
...and I suppose that it didn't cross your mind that we would ask for a picture? :wink:
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Wormdiet wrote:The Halloween party in CHapel Hill, home of the University of North Carolina, is famous for the crowds it attracts - into the many thousands. I went years ago. The most memorable costume was actually two - some guys dressed up as King Arthur and Patsy from MP and the Holy Grail. The masterstroke was the coconuts.
That had occurred to me. How 'bout one step further: Get a white stuffed rabbit, tape it to your neck, and put a bunch of red finger paint down your neck and chest.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Umm, would you like to borrow some of mine? :)

There's a really nice Samba outfit with a pink and purple feathery headdress. You'll need to supply your own really high heels, but I have lots of gold body paint left over . . . although I don't recommend you use it on your more fleecy parts.

Oooh . . . I know! I bet you'd like to be a pirate! I have something very special you can use for a black head scarf! You'll need a chef's knife cutlass and a scary tattoo . . . Amar knows where to get really good ones, but be sure to bring your own magic marker, because all they have is pink.

A nun's habit will also be coming available shortly . . . you'll need to learn Dominique and bring your guitar. [I'm afraid I'll be needing the Britney Spears Thing . . . and a couple of the veils . . . Nano and I have an engagement. Hmmm, I wonder if I should bring the lutefisk? It being Minnesota and all . . . ]
Cotelette d'Agneau