Home Gorilla Breeding Society of North Central Alabama ALERT

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tim Hall
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Home Gorilla Breeding Society of North Central Alabama ALERT

Post by Tim Hall »

Check out Tuesday, Oct. 11th's American Voices bit in The Onion. Clearly, this man (on the left) needs a gift subscription to the HGBSNCA Journal.

I can only hope that the Society is up to the task.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41471

Tim
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

The Onion piece he refers to is their "man on the street" style interviews.

Online Poaching

Illegal online sales of endangered animal and plant species are becoming problematic, as they are both lucrative and difficult to regulate. What do you think?

Jack Albert,
Livery Driver
"Tell me about it. Just last week, I purchased a majestic lowland gorilla off eBay, and the thing's turning out to be a real son of a bi**h to take care of."
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

My only regret about Chiff & Fipple is that it has distracted me away from my mission of making Home Gorilla Breeding practical and affordable to the people of North Central Alabama.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Gorilla Breeder's Forum. New for 2005.

http://www.righthandpointing.com/gorillabreeding/

Dale
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

One thing about you, Dale: When you perceive a pressing need in the community you're all over it; no committees, no focus groups, no feasibility studies, just bam! A new forum. Problem solved.

So I had a look over there at once. Some questions came to mind. Lots of questions, actually. There needs to be an FAQ, because the first question was, well, okay, so...gorilla breeding: What's in it for me? One can't have them just lollygagging around the house munching banana chips and watching Animal Planet. Quite a conundrum, this large-primate propagation thing. Gonna be tough to compete with those become-a-real-estate-tycoon-with-no-money-down infomercial guys; they don't involve a product that weighs 400 lbs., is highly intelligent, eats huge amounts, and is probably subject to mood swings. ...On second thought, not a problem: Pitch home gorilla breeding to parents of teenagers.
:wink:

[edited to remove a reference now moot]
Last edited by scottielvr on Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I don't know many teenagers who weigh 400 pounds...
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:swear:I do not want something like this running
around in my backyard! If you want these
people raising gorillas, get 'em jobs in a zoo!
And I don't have a phobia. You all have
some kind of fetish as far as I'm concerned!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
missy

Post by missy »

This is Colossus:

Colossus spends his days sitting in his "ohm" position in the left hand corner of the Gorilla compound at the Cincinnati Zoo. When the zoo got him, the were thrilled because he was a wild born gorilla (who had been captured as a youngster, and raised amoung humans, but had never seen other gorillas).
Unfortunately, Colossus hasn't figured out what he's suppose to DO yet. They have even shown him gorilla "lichen", but he just sits there contemplating his navel.

So - please take pity on Colossus and help him figure out what a male silverback is supposed to do......... I mean, if you are going to be a breeder's society, get him to BREED, darn it!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Ok, the forum is up and running and ready for members. Come on, all you experienced breeders. The newbies will be waiting for you there.

Dale
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Cynth wrote::swear:I do not want something like this running
around in my backyard! If you want these
people raising gorillas, get 'em jobs in a zoo!
And I don't have a phobia. You all have
some kind of fetish as far as I'm concerned!
Hmm...This is concerning. That fellow certainly appears to have issues, although they might stem from the fact that he's purple. However, maybe worried homeowners could request that for their safety, the locations of gorilla breeders in their neighborhoods should be tracked and disclosed by the government. Such a system could be called GOrillaBreederSMonitoringAndContainment, or GOBSMAC.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thanks for the new forum Dale, but after looking at it, I think I won't go there! More than I ever wanted to know about the subject.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Tim Hall

Post by Tim Hall »

DaleWisely wrote:Ok, the forum is up and running and ready for members. Come on, all you experienced breeders. The newbies will be waiting for you there.

Dale
One thing is now abundantly clear to me: It is *way* too easy to start new web fora these days.

Oh, and as a law professor, I appreciate the Legal Department forum (and have proposed a new course to our Curriculum Committee), but I have one question: How do I get named the Official Podiatrist of C&F?
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Tim Hall wrote:....I have one question: How do I get named the Official Podiatrist of C&F?
Sorry to say, there's only one way: You'd have to kill Paul Busman. See, C&F Official Website under "Dept. of Giving Up the Love." I can assure you this would not go over well. Surely you don't want it that badly?
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

From http://www.righthandpointing.com/gorillabreeding/

I'm appalled by the lack of use of this board. A more informed community of home gorilla breeders could have prevented the "Ginger" incident down in Sarasota last year. We'd have one less inhumanely incarcerated Mountain Gorilla and one less circus clown missing an eye and a finger.
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

Cranberry wrote:I don't know many teenagers who weigh 400 pounds...
Don’t underestimate the obesity crisis and the appetites of teenagers! I once ate 14 tacos at one sitting. I would weight 400bls if I had had an open ended supply of tacos all my life, especially the really good ones made from home-made corn tortillas with lots of cilantro, shredded beef and sharp Special Reserve Tillamook cheddar!

Rod