Fred Morrison Tounging Technique??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Re: Scottish Lamb

Post by Lambchop »

BigDavy wrote:Hi Lambchop

If you are not Scottish we can adopt you. Scotch lamb is very nice!!

David

Ummm, that sounds . . . vaguely . . . culinary. :really:

As yummy as my plump haunches might seem, I'm afraid this lamb is not for snacking . . . you'll get far more than you bargained for if the adoption turns out to have that kind of ulterior motive . . .

. . . let's see . . . where is my flute case . . . man must not have been in the pub the last time this situation occurred . . . heh . . . Cynth! . . . where y'at, dear?. . . you may need to hold my flute for a moment . . . oh, gracious! and here I am wearing this ridiculous samba headpiece . . . may have to factor in a little windage for it . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

David, she carries semiautomatic weapons in her flute case!!! :o :boggle: :o

Lamby, he meant Scottish lambs are very nice, as in well-mannered. Just think of those lovely woolens that lambs donate their fleece completely volutarily to make. He just left the "s" off lamb by mistake, ummm, and he used "is" by mistake, he meant "are".

Scotch? I was told that one shouldn't use the word "Scotch"---that people from Scotland would be offended by it.

Hold your fire, Lamby! He is really very nice. Do you do the samba, David? :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

The Fred Morrison tracks worked on my computer. I really like the first two tracks especially. I didn't hear what I would think of as "strange sounding ornaments" on the third track, the low whistle one. I heard the trill like places, I think, quite subtle. I'm not sure why they would have to be done with the tongue. But I wouldn't really know.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:David, she carries semiautomatic weapons in her flute case!!! :o :boggle: :o
You didn't mention that I know how to use them. . .
Cynth wrote:Lamby, he meant Scottish lambs are very nice, as in well-mannered. Just think of those lovely woolens that lambs donate their fleece completely volutarily to make. He just left the "s" off lamb by mistake, ummm, and he used "is" by mistake, he meant "are".
Ohhhhh, now I see. I was confused. I must have been disoriented from already being confused about that question-mark thing above, so I went on being confused by not having that "s" on there . . .

What a nice thing to say about Scottish lambs! And their woolens are just lovely.

How nice of him to offer to adopt me, then! Such a nice man!

I suppose it would be good manners not to emphasize the verb disagreement . . . he might have a cultural reason for that . . . I learned that at work . . . if someone doesn't write with word endings, you shouldn't mention it because it's an expression of their cultural diversity . . .

I hope you samba, David! I need a partner. You'd require a costume, but if you already had some of those real tight pants that Scottish men are always wearing on the front covers of novels, those would do. I still have a lot of the gold body paint left, too . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
BigDavy

Lambchop with attitude

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Cynth

Don't worry, with our gun control laws, Lambchop wouldn't be able to get it into the country. Anyway I would never eat a flute player (get them to play for me yes - eat no) even if she is a toothsome wench.

Lambchop, sorry I cannot do the samba, several stones ago I could do a mean scottische, now it would have to be a belly dance.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
jbarter

Re: Fred Morrison Tounging Technique??

Post by jbarter »

xzatious wrote:I hear him use this tounging(?) technique
I thought the (?) was there because xz wasn't sure if the technique was actually done with the tongue. Spelling queries are normally indicated (sp?).
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
xzatious

Post by xzatious »

The (?) was due to the fact that I did not know if it is a 'tounging' technique or not. I listened to the whistle track on his site but of course in that song he doesn't really do it. I'll try and grab a clip of the technique I'm speaking of and put it on the web. If anyone has 'Sound of the Sun' he does it all over the "The Three Sea Captains" track.
DaveAuty
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

Cynth wrote;
put down that pint Mr. Auty and come over here!

Okay but I've got to finish it! I expect Xzatious should have the answer by then. Cynth your very polite…please call me Dave. :)
Cynth

Re: Fred Morrison Tounging Technique??

Post by Cynth »

jbarter wrote:
xzatious wrote:I hear him use this tounging(?) technique
I thought the (?) was there because xz wasn't sure if the technique was actually done with the tongue. Spelling queries are normally indicated (sp?).
Good point, John. I certainly shall make sure to use (ps?) to indicate a spelling query from now on.
Leel
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

I think you might be hearing an occational CRANN.

It's a piping ornament that crosses well to whistle if you can do it.

But, you need 2 tongues and 13 fingers to get it right.

I've never figured out how pipers do without ANY tongues! :P
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

I had a listen to a couple of tracks, and I heard nothing but the standard ornaments, rolls, cuts, double cuts, trills and cranns.
Cynth

Re: Lambchop with attitude

Post by Cynth »

BigDavy wrote:Hi Cynth

Don't worry, with our gun control laws, Lambchop wouldn't be able to get it into the country. Anyway I would never eat a flute player (get them to play for me yes - eat no) even if she is a toothsome wench.

Lambchop, sorry I cannot do the samba, several stones ago I could do a mean scottische, now it would have to be a belly dance.

David
I didn't know what the schottische was exactly. I'm impressed!
It takes just a moment for the
people to start dancing so be sure to
wait long enough.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

a wee hint, the clips don't work with mozilla. try explorer, works there.