IZZY!!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

IZZY!!!!

Post by IDAwHOa »

What is with the Pickles and Ice Cream avatar!!!!! :o :o :o
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

It's the stereotypical pregnancy food craving.
Will O'B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

avanutria wrote:It's the stereotypical pregnancy food craving.
Well thank God I've never been pregnant cause I don't think I could ever eat the stuff. :o :)

Will O'
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

When I was pregnant, I had more food aversions than cravings. The one thing I did crave was chocolate turtles from A Southern Season in Chapel Hill...and they had to be THOSE chocolate turtles, and no other! :lol:

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
emmline

Post by emmline »

I didn't have particular cravings. Just an exacerbated tendency to sudden hypoglycemia leading to a killer drive to eat almost anything.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Redwolf wrote: The one thing I did crave was chocolate turtles from A Southern Season in Chapel Hill...and they had to be THOSE chocolate turtles, and no other! :lol:

mmmmm....chocolate turtles. SIGH!!! I'm hating this craving for chocolate in a big way. :P But like you, Red, I seem to have more aversions this time around. Everything (except chocolate) seems to give me heartburn and indigestion.

Steven, did you miss my announcement about 4 or 5 months ago? I'm due on 11/11 :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

izzarina wrote:
Redwolf wrote: The one thing I did crave was chocolate turtles from A Southern Season in Chapel Hill...and they had to be THOSE chocolate turtles, and no other! :lol:

mmmmm....chocolate turtles. SIGH!!! I'm hating this craving for chocolate in a big way. :P But like you, Red, I seem to have more aversions this time around. Everything (except chocolate) seems to give me heartburn and indigestion.

Steven, did you miss my announcement about 4 or 5 months ago? I'm due on 11/11 :)
I guess so. 4-5 months ago I was going through the purchase of our home and not coming to the Pub much if at all.

Must have been a "fun" summer for you. :sniffle:

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

The summer wasn't too bad...a littler warmer than I would have liked, but not too bad. :)
It's good to have you back! How are things in Idaho anyway? Did all go smoothly with the house?
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

izzarina wrote:
I confess that I missed it, and was thinking that you were when I first saw your new avatar. So, a belated CONGATULATIONS !!! :party: :party: :party:
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

izzarina wrote:Everything (except chocolate) seems to give me heartburn and indigestion.
Oh yeah, I remember that. I could get heartburn from a glass of water!

It's temporary...thank goodness!

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Isn't it weird , those cravings. With my first daughter I HAD to have kraut at least once a day. I'd never eaten the stuff in my life up to that point. My husband got thoroughly sick of even the smell of it.

With the second daughter, it was pineapple. Had to have it every day.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Oh lordy, she's still pregnant?! :boggle:
Robin
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

I like Izzy!
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

izzarina wrote:The summer wasn't too bad...a littler warmer than I would have liked, but not too bad. :)
It's good to have you back! How are things in Idaho anyway? Did all go smoothly with the house?
Good to have me back?? :-? :o I didn't go anywhere. I am over on the whistle side every day.

Things have been going well on the house. I am working on the storage container and we just sold our Kanaka lot soooooooo......

I GET MY GARAGE FINALLY!!!!!

You know a guy just HAS to have a garage or he is lost. Picture forthcoming once we get through all the permit crap.

We've been working on the pond too. Pull about a cord of downed wood out of it a couple of weeks ago and found more once the water cleared up a bit. Speaking of the pond, I was taking pictures of the resident muskrats today. :D Well, yesterday since I just got off work and it is 4:30 AM.

izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
izzarina wrote:
I confess that I missed it, and was thinking that you were when I first saw your new avatar. So, a belated CONGATULATIONS !!! :party: :party: :party:
Thank you Joseph :)