Update: re: Susan

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Will O'B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

The barracks I'm talking about had a bunch of racks (or bunks) maybe sleeping 50 - 60 guys in the room, with two rows of racks (I don't know if all of that makes sense -- it's been 35 years now.) I can't think of too many military flics, but like in "Full Metal Jacket" (I think). Anyway, that type of setup would make it impossible to get away with what you're talking about. [If i'm rabling just ignore it. --sorry]

Will O
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Flyingcursor wrote:Lambchops are you protesting the violation of school rules or keeping it a secret from the roommate?
I'm shocked by the blatant disregard of the health of others.

Rodents can carry a variety of diseases, including leptospirosis and lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus, and if they don't have it now, they can get it from the wild mice they'll attract into the dorm when they're in estrus. Worse, though, is the prospect of all that rodent dander, hair, feces, dried urine, and saliva getting into the air, to infest that room and everything near it for years.

If one of his neighbors, or the students who move into his room next year, develops trouble controlling his asthma as a result, or ends up in the emergency room, or ends up having to drop out of school . . . will Cran care? Will he care if someone develops status asthmaticus and dies?

Apparently not. It seems that as long as something makes him feel better, he's justified in doing it. Sounds sociopathic, to me, but then again I'm allergic to mice and rats, so I have had up-close-and-personal experience with what it's like to live and work in buildings where people think it's cute and/or "justified" to harbor a tub or two of rodents in their rooms and offices.

Cran's all upset that he's tired and feeling ill, but he doesn't much care if his neighbors are exhausted and ill because they can't get enough oxygen.

It doesn't appear to be a secret from the roommate, but I wonder if the roommate truly wants rodents in his room or if he is perhaps someone who is agreeing reluctantly in order to try to get along. Perhaps he's afraid to say "no."

And I'm finding all this rather incredible in a person who makes such a show of being Christian.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I think I might buy a "decorative box" and put some pretty "decorative popcorn" in it. :P

And I really understand your concerns, Anastasia Echinacea Beaverhousen the 3rd, but I think you're taking the whole matter a tiny bit too seriously.
Last edited by Jack on Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Jeez!!!!! I thought you were talking about SusanFX! :boggle:
Robin
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Re: Update: re: Susan

Post by Will O'B »

Will O'B wrote:
Cranberry wrote:She died.
I read that and thought we were planning SusanFx's funeral. :o
Apparently the city's water is not good for fish (because of the way it's treated?), but nobody told me that. :sniffle:
Then I read THAT and realized it was your FISH that died. Sorry to hear about your fish.

Borrowing from Mark Twain, "I'm pleased to announce that the report of SusanFx's demise has been greatly exaggerated." [Although, coming from me instead of Suzan, it seems to lose much of it's humour.]

Will O'Ban
spittin in the wind wrote:Jeez!!!!! I thought you were talking about SusanFX!
Robin
AH-HA!!! So, I'm not the only one. :)

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Issue resolved. Thank you.
Last edited by Lambchop on Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomB

Re: Update: re: Susan

Post by TomB »

Will O'B wrote:
Will O'B wrote:
Cranberry wrote:She died.
I read that and thought we were planning SusanFx's funeral. :o
Apparently the city's water is not good for fish (because of the way it's treated?), but nobody told me that. :sniffle:
Then I read THAT and realized it was your FISH that died. Sorry to hear about your fish.

Borrowing from Mark Twain, "I'm pleased to announce that the report of SusanFx's demise has been greatly exaggerated." [Although, coming from me instead of Suzan, it seems to lose much of it's humour.]

Will O'Ban
spittin in the wind wrote:Jeez!!!!! I thought you were talking about SusanFX!
Robin
AH-HA!!! So, I'm not the only one. :)

Will O'Ban

I thought that also.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Lambchop wrote:Can a moderator fix that, please? If he won't?
I'm sure a quick PM to the moderator would resolve things.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Lambchop, perhaps you might write a signature line reminding people not to use your real name on the boards. As many people go by both and you used to go by your real name here, it is easy to forget that you don't want to use it here anymore.
Jack

Post by Jack »

jbarter wrote:
Or to me. Since I didn't even think twice so I didn't realise it. I'm sorry.
avanutria wrote:Lambchop, perhaps you might write a signature line reminding people not to use your real name on the boards. As many people go by both and you used to go by your real name here, it is easy to forget that you don't want to use it here anymore.
Like always, Beth (I MEAN AVANUTRIA!), you have given very sound advice. :)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cranberry wrote:
jbarter wrote:
I did PM you, but I wasn't sure when you'd be around next.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lambchop wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
jbarter wrote: I'm sure a quick PM to the moderator would resolve things.
I did PM you, but I wasn't sure if you did it deliberately or not. Using my real name might have made you feel better, after all, so you might have chosen to ignore that it would harm me.

Or not. Who knows.
No, I didn't even know I did it. It's like calling Beth Beth instead of avanutria, or calling Martin Martin instead of Martin Milner. :P

I didn't realise I probably do it all the time until just now responding to her (avanutria). I'm sorry.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

avanutria wrote:Lambchop, perhaps you might write a signature line reminding people not to use your real name on the boards. As many people go by both and you used to go by your real name here, it is easy to forget that you don't want to use it here anymore.
Umm, I thought it was considered good internet manners to use a person's screen name . . . hmmm . . . wouldn't it be better if people just assumed that you should just use their screen name?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lambchop wrote:
Umm, I thought it was considered good internet manners to use a person's screen name . . . hmmm . . . wouldn't it be better if people just assumed that you should just use their screen name?
We're all just people and if I meet avanutria every day and call her Beth and have done that for a very long time, it's kind of difficult to remember if she suddenly says she only wants to be called avanutria, even though avanutria (I still can't spell that without looking at it first) is her proper screen name.
missy

Post by missy »

see - I made it easy on everyone - Missy IS my name!

(I honestly do try to remember to use the screen name instead of the real name when talking "to" someone on boards - doesn't always work but I do try).
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com